2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Like this post if you're on the alternate list and WVSOM is your top choice. Just trying to get an idea of how many of us are still waiting.

I say we be conservative and have those 5 likes plus the 2 accepted =7 and round that up to 12 for the people have haven't seen your post. There's possibly 100 people on the list according to other posts. They accepted 2 of us here so that means they possibly accepted many more that don't use SDN. This is looking good. I saw the 2015-2016 post and after March 15th people were not accepted until the first week of April. Bunch got accepted end of May, and that is once again considering that most people don't use SDN or are just lurkers. In the 2016-2017 post of last year there was actually decent movement during the last week of March and first week of April.

Last edited:
As a current 3rd year student at WVSOM, I just want to put this out there: I was accepted off of the alternate list but with a special offer of being rolled over into the following years class. A couple of my classmates are also rollover students. One of my 4th year friends who applied the same cycle as me got accepted the day before orientation started for that class in late July - so don't lose hope. And if you don't get accepted then, you can always hope to have a rollover acceptance into the next class like I did. Good luck to all of you and best wishes!

If you have questions about the school you can always PM me and I will try to answer the best that I can.

Reactions: 3 users
Late post :
Accepted of the waitlist on 3/20 at 3:20pm, got a phone call.
Interviewed on : 1/18

Reactions: 1 user
Got my acceptance letter in the mail this weekend. It comes with what I believe to be a bumper sticker for WVSOM. Also, included on your acceptance letter is a reminder that they want 2000 dollars from you within the next two weeks. :eyebrow:

So under my checklist, my transcripts are highlighted blue and it says under review. It didn't say that a few days ago. Anyone else with this ? interviewed 2/22

Reactions: 1 users
Yea mine are highlighted blue as well. I don't think it means anything... but I could be wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
I really don't think the change in colors on the portal or the adding of something really means anything. If you're accepted you'll get a call/email.

I can confirm that you will get a call first, email and then a letter in the mail notifying you of your acceptance.

So under my checklist, my transcripts are highlighted blue and it says under review. It didn't say that a few days ago. Anyone else with this ? interviewed 2/22

Mine have been under review and highlighted blue since I was accepted in September

OK DREAM DESTROYERS. Going to cry myself to sleep again...

I have had the "background check" link uploaded in my portal - 1 day before i received my acceptance phone call.

I have had the "background check" link uploaded in my portal - 1 day before i received my acceptance phone call.

I've had that background check link for a few weeks now ;[.
Though I was thinking, before they accept you, they must verify your transcripts to make sure everything is correct and done. SO THERE IS HOPE SOON!!! AHHHH

Do you know of anyone who got accepted after being deferred pre-interview? I know the issue is in my MCAT, but I was wondering what the chances were so I know whether or not to start studying to retake it for the next cycle! Thank you!

Do you know of anyone who got accepted after being deferred pre-interview? I know the issue is in my MCAT, but I was wondering what the chances were so I know whether or not to start studying to retake it for the next cycle! Thank you!
Would say odds aren't good.

Reactions: 3 users
Was it the criminal background authorization on your checklist? I've had that for a while and I also completed the form.

How are the 3rd year rotations at this school? I've heard a lot of DO schools have issues getting their students into quality 3rd year rotation spots. WVSOM seems well put together, so I can't imagine them having that issue, but I like to know.

I better not be getting no April fools acceptance tomorrow :nono:

How are the 3rd year rotations at this school? I've heard a lot of DO schools have issues getting their students into quality 3rd year rotation spots. WVSOM seems well put together, so I can't imagine them having that issue, but I like to know.

A while ago I found this WVSOM College Catalog on their website, and it has a list of the statewide campus site locations on pages 22-25. I'm not sure if that's all of them but it seems like a pretty good idea of what they have!

https://wvsom.edu/sites/default/files/u16/2017-18 College Catalog UPDATE 10.18.pdf

I noticed today 4/4 on last years post, people got emails regarding if they were still interested in WVSOM and being kept on the alternate list and they had to reply. I guess we haven't received anything? Maybe next week.

Last years thread said pretty much don’t expect anything until late May/early June

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted today, interviewed 2/2 OOS

the other accepted applicants after March 15th we interviewed 1/30 i think. Now you got accepted interviewed 2/2. seems they are going up the list no too bad. * crosses fingers*

the other accepted applicants after March 15th we interviewed 1/30 i think. Now you got accepted interviewed 2/2. seems they are going up the list no too bad. * crosses fingers*
Yeah it seems like they’re going through in order. Anyone from January interviews still on the wait list?

Bro you got 2 DO acceptances... leave a WVSOM spot for us who dont have any.. lol...
Lol trust me I'm super grateful to have two acceptances but I dropped one since I didn't want to pay two deposits and waiting on WVSOM or one other school before paying the next tuition deposit.

Has anyone heard about accepted students day? Does the school have one? Was just accepted so haven’t gotten any emails yet.

Anyone know if they're doing rollover admissions this year?

Anyone on the alternate list heard anything recently?

All I've heard recently was the screams of my financial situation from paying this $3000 dollar deposit.

Anyone on the alternate list heard anything recently?

+1

Yeah and does anyone know how much the waitlist has moved so far? It doesn't seem like much unless I'm mistaken.