2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes it is. The day is long because lunch is provided and they give an excellent and in depth tour of the campus and facilities. Hope you enjoy!
woah, that's awesome! Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Any recent IIs? I’ve been stuck on deferred for months.

I am not deferred but I have been just “under review” for months now as well. When I called to express interest and ask if there might be any movement I was told if you haven’t received an email then the status hasn’t changed and if/when the decide to offer an interview they will contact.

I don’t know if that helps

Nothing like being on the wait-list and being told, you might not hear anything until May or June, when school starts in July.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/19 got sent a decision for alternate list today!!! Such a quick turnaround

Can someone comment about the exam/grading?

I heard you have one exam riding on your entire grade with a couple of quizzes.

Can someone comment about the exam/grading?

I heard you have one exam riding on your entire grade with a couple of quizzes.

Every section is different. Blood and Lymph and Skin had one big exam and a few little quizzes/TBLs. MSK had a bunch of anatomy practicals and a few exams. It depends on how each part is structured

Reactions: 1 user
Every section is different. Blood and Lymph and Skin had one big exam and a few little quizzes/TBLs. MSK had a bunch of anatomy practicals and a few exams. It depends on how each part is structured

Can you comment on what types of exams there are, multiple choice, essay, etc?

Can you comment on what types of exams there are, multiple choice, essay, etc?

Exams are multiple choice (which include TBL's), Anatomy practicals are fill in the blank. You also have OPP and Clinical Skills checkouts and practicals where you have to perform examinations and techniques. You are graded on if you perform them correctly

yes, interviewing March 8th
When did you get the II? And what dates were offered to you (besides March 8th lol)? Just trying to get a sense if the slots for March are all taken

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday! II was 2/19, alternate status 2/21, and accepted 2/27!!!!!!!!

weird just got an email about being on the alternate list, interviewed 2/19

weird just got an email about being on the alternate list, interviewed 2/19
I think this school is very unorganized when it comes to their admissions office. I was on the deffered list, then I was offered an II. I emailed them to let them know that I won't be attending. One week later I got a rejection letter via snail mail. I check my portal and it still says deffered. Lol.

I think this school is very unorganized when it comes to their admissions office. I was on the deffered list, then I was offered an II. I emailed them to let them know that I won't be attending. One week later I got a rejection letter via snail mail. I check my portal and it still says deffered. Lol.
I think it's just because I gave them a call to ask them how I can improve my app ect. I'm not really sure though lol.

I think it's just because I gave them a call to ask them how I can improve my app ect. I'm not really sure though lol.
You were on the alternate list and asked what could be done to improve your app? I was placed on the alternate list last month and was wondering if anyone knew if this school appreciated letters of intent or not?

They said they still have a few more II slots to fill so for everyone still waiting..there is still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
OMG can May 15th -20th GET HERE ALREADY *anxiety kicks in*

you got a rejection letter and then an email saying you was on the alternate list?
ya, might have been a mistake, but the guy I was talking on the phone was listing the reasons why so it seems like it wasn't a mistake.

You're saying you got pulled off the alternate list 5 days ago?
No, just got on the alternate list which is better than a flat out rejection. They told us on interview day that all spots were full and are interviewing for alternate list, but admissions and students said there is fairly good movement.

Do you know what the interview dates are?
She didn’t specifically tell me that she just said “we do have a few more interview slots to fill.” Im assuming they are this month but I have no clue when.

Hey everyone, I'm a current first year here. I got a lot of advice from current students when I was applying last year and I figured I would post on here and offer any help if need be. Feel free to PM me and I'll answer any questions you might have.

Hey guys quick question. It still says i'm on the alternate list, but my checklist has some new items such as: First deposit, second deposit and some other stuff. Not sure if this was added when it was changed to alternate list though.

Hey guys quick question. It still says i'm on the alternate list, but my checklist has some new items such as: First deposit, second deposit and some other stuff. Not sure if this was added when it was changed to alternate list though.
Hey there, just checked my portal and I have the new items as well, so not sure how to take it.

I have the new items as well do y’all think we should call admissions office and see what it means?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know what the class size is for this school and how many people they interview in total? I'm sorry if this has already been answered.

Does anyone know what the class size is for this school and how many people they interview in total? I'm sorry if this has already been answered.

Last years class size was 213 according to my interview.

On a side note. Ive been reading the other years 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 posts and they usually have good movement early March. Seems to be silent on here. Guess we will have to wait for the 15th. Sigh.

Last years class size was 213 according to my interview.

On a side note. Ive been reading the other years 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 posts and they usually have good movement early March. Seems to be silent on here. Guess we will have to wait for the 15th. Sigh.
Are yall still waiting for an II or waitlist movement?

Hey all! Current OMS-1 here. I'll be around here occasionally so feel free to ask me any questions!

Reactions: 3 users