2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! OOS as well. Interviewing in early Feb. I'm hopeful it's not for the alt list but who knows.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
II today. 3.8 sGPA, 3.8 cGPA, 4.0 masters. Non-traditional.

Will be withdrawing for my state MD! Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today. 3.8 sGPA, 3.8 cGPA, 4.0 masters. Non-traditional.

Will be withdrawing for my state MD! Best of luck everyone!
Congrats on killing your one interview at the MD school and securing an acceptance!

Nice! where are you two DO acceptances if u don't mind my asking

I got into PCOM-GA and Campbell. Was offered interviews at ACOM, LECOM-Bradenton, Incarnate Word, and here (now). I only attended the PCOM-GA and Campbell interviews. Would have liked to attend WVSOM interview earlier in the cycle. It just so happened that I found out pretty early from my State MD so im finished.

Reactions: 1 user
I got into PCOM-GA and Campbell. Was offered interviews at ACOM, LECOM-Bradenton, Incarnate Word, and here (now). I only attended the PCOM-GA and Campbell interviews. Would have liked to attend WVSOM interview earlier in the cycle. It just so happened that I found out pretty early from my State MD so im finished.
Was same for me, I found out from KCU fairly fast though my state MD makes all decisions in late Feb

Does anyone know if WVSOM has some sort of an order that they review applications in? Complete 10/13, OOS, s/cGPA 3.85, MCAT 508, and radio silence. I'm still "Application under review".

Does anyone know if WVSOM has some sort of an order that they review applications in? Complete 10/13, OOS, s/cGPA 3.85, MCAT 508, and radio silence. I'm still "Application under review".
Did you get a DO letter?

Yeah I do. Four years clinical, one year volunteer, no red flags and honestly nothing missing from my app that I can think of.
Not sure then, but per people in the thread they are interviewing for the waitlist now

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I do. Four years clinical, one year volunteer, no red flags and honestly nothing missing from my app that I can think of.
It's worth calling admissions. My application was marked complete within a week of calling, interview invite shortly followed. They will tell you if there is some unexpected holdup

They sat on my app Aug until today. Then offered me a II today. But it was too little too late :)

They sat on my app Aug until today. Then offered me a II today. But it was too little too late :)

August!! I saw a post earlier this week about someone complete in late October. They really made you wait!

It's worth calling admissions. My application was marked complete within a week of calling, interview invite shortly followed. They will tell you if there is some unexpected holdup

I think I might call them tomorrow then! Did you basically just ask what the hold up was? Or were you calling to express interest?

Not sure then, but per people in the thread they are interviewing for the waitlist now

Has anyone actually interviewed lately and during the interview they actually told them at some point it was for the waitlist? I haven’t seen anyone say that at all unless I missed reading it somewhere...

Well I quoted the guy, maybe he'll show up

Oh well, not a big deal, I'll find out soon enough. I called in after I got my interview and they told me that to their knowledge it was for regular admission and not waitlist. But, also seems to me that people get multiple different types of answers when they call in to the adcoms.

Oh well, not a big deal, I'll find out soon enough. I called in after I got my interview and they told me that to their knowledge it was for regular admission and not waitlist. But, also seems to me that people get multiple different types of answers when they call in to the adcoms.[/QUOTE

Just curious if this is someone who told someone or it was actually told to someone during an interview the past few days. That’s all.

Oh well, not a big deal, I'll find out soon enough. I called in after I got my interview and they told me that to their knowledge it was for regular admission and not waitlist. But, also seems to me that people get multiple different types of answers when they call in to the adcoms.
I was told that when i called about my status. That was last Friday (an interview day) but idk.. we all seem to get diff opinions

Interviewed there this week. Regular admissions for my group. They stated we would hear back within 1-3 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
August!! I saw a post earlier this week about someone complete in late October. They really made you wait!

I think I might call them tomorrow then! Did you basically just ask what the hold up was? Or were you calling to express interest?

I just asked to check on the progress of my application. I spoke with Annette (the admissions staff that reviews your application is organized alphabetically by last name) and chatted with her about my interest in the school. I think that may have expedited my application just simply by bringing attention to it. I interviewed 12/7 and got an offer on 12/13

Can anyone comment on how they liked Lewisburg?

Lewisburg has the bare essentials, a Walmart, CVS, Lowes, Kroger, out doorsy stuff (if you have time), the school gym, subway, Applebees, TGI Fridays, local pubs, lots of mom/pops shops, very old rustic feel.

If you grew up in NYC, youll have to get adjusted to it, for which I say come early and explore. If you have lived in the suburbs it wount be as much of a adjustment.

There is one main route (219) that runs through town, it can get clogged up during rush hour times. Snowshoe mountain resort is a drive away so its a good weekend trip to do. If you really need your Dunkin or Chik Fil A fix, Beckley is about 1 hour away.

The best thing about Lewisburg are the people. They are actually very nice and receptive. I hate to bring this up but given that we live in such a politically hostile environment now, its comforting to know the people are very nice and receptive. Its a small town, youll see the same people at Applebees then later at Walmart. That said, everyone sort of knows eachother here in Lewisburg. I mean the State gov. lives near the school.

If you do things right, youll have just enough time to take one day a week off, and then a few hours for errands and what not.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the interviews for the AL start? thanks!!

interviewed this week and we are still doing regular admissions. But I do know of other people who interviewed back in November who got placed on the alternate list. So I don't think there is a set time frame for them.

After the interview, did the admissions team say they'll call you with their decision even if it's a denial?

After the interview, did the admissions team say they'll call you with their decision even if it's a denial?

They call with admissions. They definitely don't call for denials. You will just get an email and an update in the portal for denials.

They call with admissions. They definitely don't call for denials. You will just get an email and an update in the portal for denials.
Alright thank you, that's probably not good news for me then.

Same I interviewed two weeks ago and havent heard anything back yet
Ok great news, just called and they said it can take 3-4 weeks. The office said they can get backed up on getting through files, and that if we were denied it'd show up on the portal. The admissions committee will be meeting next week to go over more files, and we'll likely hear then.

Also were you interviewed on 1/12?

II today, complete 10/13, OOS, s/cGPA 3.90, MCAT 508. II is set up for Feb 12!

Last edited:
II today, complete 10/13, OOS, s/cGPA 3.85, MCAT 508. II is set up for Feb 12!

Congrats! I know you were posting earlier this week about wondering why you hadn't heard back since you were complete in October. Did you call admissions or was the interview today just a coincidence haha!

Congrats! I know you were posting earlier this week about wondering why you hadn't heard back since you were complete in October. Did you call admissions or was the interview today just a coincidence haha!

Haha right?! I intended to call today around noon if I hadn't heard anything, but I woke up to an email from them!

Has anyone heard back today? I interviewed 1/18 and it still says application under review.

Interviewed 1/22/2018. Still haven't heard anything either.

Yeah, me neither. I guess they'll wait until next Tuesday. Do you think they'd wait until then to send a declination email if you get rejected, or do you think they'd just send it whenever?

Yeah, me neither. I guess they'll wait until next Tuesday. Do you think they'd wait until then to send a declination email if you get rejected, or do you think they'd just send it whenever?

It sucks, cause if we go a little bit further in this post we can see people saying they heard back within a 3 days, a week or 2. And here we are just chilling in purgatory.

got the II just now; can anyone care to elaborate on their rotation sites, the surrounding area/city, and the school's reputation? Thanks!

Hey guys, II today for February. Are my chances of getting an acceptance for this year's class low given that its pretty late in the cycle?

Hey guys, II today for February. Are my chances of getting an acceptance for this year's class low given that its pretty late in the cycle?
Think positive , go in there and own the interview. Impress them, but don't be egotistical. Don't worry about the outcome till you get the answer