2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those with interviews, when were you complete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Secondary received 08/03, submitted 08/07 (11:30pm at night), II 08/09

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew my interview earlier today, just have a lot of other local interviews, kind of makes me sad cuz I did want to see the and give it a try, just couldn't fit it in financially. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my interview earlier today, just have a lot of other local interviews, kind of makes me sad cuz I did want to see the and give it a try, just couldn't fit it in financially. Good luck everyone!
7 II's ! Congrats sir and thanks for a possible spot!

Sent in secondary on August 2nd, been "under review" now for just over 3 weeks and my letter have been uploaded now for 2.5 weeks. Getting very nervous now!

Sent in secondary on August 2nd, been "under review" now for just over 3 weeks and my letter have been uploaded now for 2.5 weeks. Getting very nervous now!
From what i Have been told, they are still looking at the upper sGPA folks

Out of curiosity, anyone get an II this cycle at WVSOM who had a 500 or below MCAT score?

I got in for this cycle with a 499 and had friends who got in last year with lower. WVSOM looks hard at sGPA and ECs.

Reactions: 1 users
was it you that was rollover from last application cycle? Congrats either way! :)

Yeah that was me thank you! I wanna say the average MCAT last year was 499 so I don't think people under 500 should be discouraged. WVSOM takes a look at the whole picture which is really nice.

Reactions: 4 users
I am not going to get in. It has been so long, and so many interview invites are going out...it's so hard not to give up right now!

Members don't see this ad :)

I have been complete since 8/10 and have above a 3.4 sGPA like some people were saying they preferred right now. Still have not heard back.

I am not going to get in. It has been so long, and so many interview invites are going out...it's so hard not to give up right now!
It is too early in the DO cycle to give up! Keep hope alive, and do what u can to strengthen your app

App under review since August 10th
Its still quite early. Do not give up by any means. Last cycle I got an II in April of the year of matriculation which of course ended up in a subsequent WL since it was so late but my point is it's still only August!

Yes to both!
I mean, I would say I phone call wouldn't hurt. When i got put on deferred decision, I called and they told me exactly why.
Call them asking if your app is complete, and if there is anything that you still have to do.. because that is odd, people have been getting crazy fast turn-around

What does the portal or checklist say when your application is complete and ready for review?

No, even after you get an II, it says "under review."

I'm pretty sure your letters of recommendation get uploaded to the checklist page, if you get an interview invite, and you also get an option to pay.

I'm pretty sure your letters of recommendation get uploaded to the checklist page, if you get an interview invite, and you also get an option to pay.
The portal seems to be unreliable. My letters have been updated on the checklist for 3 weeks now, and still nothing. Just check your emails

The portal seems to be unreliable. My letters have been updated on the checklist for 3 weeks now, and still nothing. Just check your emails
Yes, same here. My letters have now been uploaded around 2.5 weeks and no II yet.

Well that's not good :(
I guess e-mail is the only thing to count on.

Did you get an option to pay? They told me that it appears if they want you for an interview.

Did you get an option to pay? They told me that it appears if they want you for an interview.
For a short instance I had an option to pay but so did quite a few other people. Apparently it was a glitch and nothing since then.

For a short instance I had an option to pay but so did quite a few other people. Apparently it was a glitch and nothing since then.

Yeah I spoke to them on the phone about that. I would call them, if you haven't. This is a frustrating matter!

I am still waiting as well. Been about 3 weeks.

Same, I'm really frustrated because my letters are still not on the checklist. I guess I'm just hopeless :(

We gotta stay strong! I keep going down the path of thinking that I won't make it, but moping won't get us anywhere. We gotta believe in ourselves and.......sigh........be patient! I am in the same position as you!

You also have to 'sign' some forms if invited to interview as well!

Never had that option.. I think once you have that, it is a guarantee II!

Just weighing in on the debate about the portal -- it is not reliable to be honest. Mine still said Under Review after they offered me an II and after it was scheduled too.

You get the link to pay once you confirm your interview date which is all done through email. You really don't have to look at the portal as long as you check your email regularly.

We gotta stay strong! I keep going down the path of thinking that I won't make it, but moping won't get us anywhere. We gotta believe in ourselves and.......sigh........be patient! I am in the same position as you!

Thank you!!! I hope we both get an II soon!!!

Out of curiosity, anyone get an II this cycle at WVSOM who had a 500 or below MCAT score?

I received a II and have a 499 MCAT. I also have a 3.5 cGPA and a 3.6 sGPA. I think a big thing going for me is that I have two years of experience as an ER technician (blood draws, EKGs, patient transport, collecting vitals, asssisting on level 1 and 2 traumas etc.) I've heard that WVSOM really likes clinical experience. Honestly, when I first got my score I panicked and didn't think any schools would be remotely interested. Glad I pressed on! All it takes is one school! Good luck to all! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I received a II and have a 499 MCAT. I also have a 3.5 cGPA and a 3.6 sGPA. I think a big thing going for me is that I have two years of experience as an ER technician (blood draws, EKGs, patient transport, collecting vitals, asssisting on level 1 and 2 traumas etc.) I've heard that WVSOM really likes clinical experience. Honestly, when I first got my score I panicked and didn't think any schools would be remotely interested. Glad I pressed on! All it takes is one school! Good luck to all! :)
That's awesome to hear thanks for sharing! I have a 497-498 (42nd percentile) MCAT, but ~3.7 sGPA, 3.35 cGPA, ~3.8 pbGPA, and currently a practicing DC (doctor of chiropractic medicine) 2000+ hours clinical experience and a lot of volunteering. Hopefully I get some love, but haven't heard anything yet since having everything complete August 10th. How fast did you hear back? I personally think you'll get several interviews with your stats and background IMO. Best of luck!

I hope I get an interview :(

I am at a 3.20/3.21 cGPA/sGPA, but with a strong upward trend (3.6/3.5 cGPA/sGPA) in my senior year, and cGPA/sGPA going up practically every year...I was also killed by the grade replacement policy and had a 3.45/3.46 cGPA/sGPA before the change!

I have a 502 MCAT, and 900+ hours of clinical experience including volunteering at a hospital, caring for elderly patients and patients with dementia, and working in a medical office taking vital signs...my clinical hours are still going up.

I am at a 3.20/3.21 cGPA/sGPA, but with a strong upward trend (3.6/3.5 cGPA/sGPA) in my senior year, and cGPA/sGPA going up practically every year...I was also killed by the grade replacement policy and had a 3.45/3.46 cGPA/sGPA before the change!

I have a 502 MCAT, and 900+ hours of clinical experience including volunteering at a hospital, caring for elderly patients and patients with dementia, and working in a medical office taking vital signs...my clinical hours are still going up.
I would honestly be up so high in sGPA if i had applied before the grade replacement policy

I would honestly be up so high in sGPA if i had applied before the grade replacement policy

Yeah it is very unfortunate. I was about to apply around October last year, right after getting my MCAT score, but I decided to wait :( Oh just my luck...

I hope I at least get one interview :(

That's awesome to hear thanks for sharing! I have a 497-498 (42nd percentile) MCAT, but ~3.7 sGPA, 3.35 cGPA, ~3.8 pbGPA, and currently a practicing DC (doctor of chiropractic medicine) 2000+ hours clinical experience and a lot of volunteering. Hopefully I get some love, but haven't heard anything yet since having everything complete August 10th. How fast did you hear back? I personally think you'll get several interviews with your stats and background IMO. Best of luck!

Thanks, I appreciate that! I was complete August 11th and did not receive my II until August 22nd (by email). I've read some people on here hearing back within the week! But it took me 11 days to hear back. Your sGPA and pbGPA are both great, and definitely have the credentials to match. I too am a non-trad student (assuming you're one due to your pbGPA)...I'm 27 years old and a father. I've heard there are quite a few med students at WVSOM who are also non-trads so I was honestly hoping to hear from them. Was really glad when it happened! I also know an ex coworker from the hospital that I work at who is an MS1 there and loves it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Does your portal still say "under review?"

Keep pushing! Upward trends are always great. Better than downward ones ;)

Thanks, I appreciate that! I was complete August 11th and did not receive my II until August 22nd (by email). I've read some people on here hearing back within the week! But it took me 11 days to hear back. Your sGPA and pbGPA are both great, and definitely have the credentials to match. I too am a non-trad student (assuming you're one due to your pbGPA)...I'm 27 years old and a father. I've heard there are quite a few med students at WVSOM who are also non-trads so I was honestly hoping to hear from them. Was really glad when it happened! I also know an ex coworker from the hospital that I work at who is an MS1 there and loves it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Does your portal still say "under review?"
I have heard WVSOM loves non-trads! So at least we have that going for us haha I have heard such great things about WVSOM from students too. I am also 28 years old so that is good to know there are some older students here. Best of luck!

And yes my file still says under review on the portal haha

Anyone have the $80 supp fee in their checklist? I only have the supp app and disciplinary questions received as of aug 24. Pre med letter, physician letter, and fee are in the checklist but haven't been updated yet. Hoping for a II soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile