2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ha...I also saw they added the fee to mine. I was wondering how long it would take the speculation drive to spin up over here! :D

Members don't see this ad.

ha...I also saw they added the fee to mine. I was wondering how long it would take the speculation drive to spin up over here! :D
lol and you bet its here to stay! :nailbiting:

hey was wondering how everyone was able to pay the fee? i submitted the questions for the secondary already but don't remember a button/area for payment...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey was wondering how everyone was able to pay the fee? i submitted the questions for the secondary already but don't remember a button/area for payment...

You only get asked to pay the fee if you are invited for an interview

Anyone have the $80 supp fee in their checklist? I only have the supp app and disciplinary questions received as of aug 24. Pre med letter, physician letter, and fee are in the checklist but haven't been updated yet. Hoping for a II soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I noticed that I had the supplemental fee on the checklist today. Idk if that means anything or if they are sending out more interview invites this week.

Reactions: 1 user
I noticed that I had the supplemental fee on the checklist today. Idk if that means anything or if they are sending out more interview invites this week.
+1. It's been a while since they've sent out any IIs so they likely will this week.

I am in the same boat as well. I wonder if they are just updating this for everyone since it is on the checklist but who knows. Maybe we find out tomorrow.

My portal also updated. Lol, hopefully not another mistake.

Anyone have the $80 supp fee in their checklist? I only have the supp app and disciplinary questions received as of aug 24. Pre med letter, physician letter, and fee are in the checklist but haven't been updated yet. Hoping for a II soon!!

Did you pay the fee yet? But yes, I too just checked and I have it. I am trying not to shriek so hard at work rn.

Did you pay the fee yet? But yes, I too just checked and I have it. I am trying not to shriek so hard at work rn.
I have it but there's nowhere to pay it. Not going to until they actually send the II anyway.

Same! I'm hoping this is a sign that we are going to get II's

My portal was updated as well! Hopefully this means good news is coming!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to retake the mcat in January because my old score is expiring. I'm in a 1 year MS program and doing well so far. Does anyone have any idea if WVSOM will still consider me even though I won't have an mcat until January? I've already submitted the secondary and LORs.

Edit: I'm also from WV if that makes any difference.

My portal is also updated with the supplemental fee in the checklist. Now I am beginning to think that this is just an update to their checklist that everyone gets. Hopefully I am wrong though and it indicates an interview invite!

Reactions: 1 users
I have to retake the mcat in January because my old score is expiring. I'm in a 1 year MS program and doing well so far. Does anyone have any idea if WVSOM will still consider me even though I won't have an mcat until January? I've already submitted the secondary and LORs.

Call & ask them diectly

My portal is also updated with the supplemental fee in the checklist. Now I am beginning to think that this is just an update to their checklist that everyone gets. Hopefully I am wrong though and it indicates an interview invite!
I was starting to think the same, tbh

Where are you doing the MS if you don't mind me asking? Trying to consider all my options.

I hate to be the one delivering bad news, but I just called AdCom about the "Supplemental Fee $80.", and it is an IT issue. I was told that we should be looking out for an email with an invitation to pay the supplemental app as the actual II (aka. the checklist/status update is unreliable).
:thumbdown::punch:

I hate to be the one delivering bad news, but I just called AdCom about the "Supplemental Fee $80.", and it is an IT issue. I was told that we should be looking out for an email with an invitation to pay the supplemental app as the actual II (aka. the checklist/status update is unreliable).
What about our letters showing?

ugh thats frustrating

Last edited:
dang it. thanks for checking and reporting.

I just called as well. It seems strange because when I asked, she said "well it doesn't necessarily mean you got an II, but do keep a close eye on your email for any news from us". Not sure if I am looking too far into this but it just seems odd that it was a "mistake".

I just called as well. It seems strange because when I asked, she said "well it doesn't necessarily mean you got an II, but do keep a close eye on your email for any news from us". Not sure if I am looking too far into this but it just seems odd that it was a "mistake".
It doesn't strike me as very odd because the portal has proven to be unreliable so far.. People that were granted II's reported still having their Portal showing "Under Review" or others not having their checklist appear and getting an II regardless. So yes, to Piggyback on what you said, from my call, I was also told to Look out for an email from them as that would be the safest way to know if you were granted an II.

Next they are going to say an e-mail is not a guaranteed invite lol smh -_-

As someone else said, the best way is to call the admissions office and ask directly. However, I would assume that you're not going to be reviewed until you have valid MCAT scores. I don't think there's a medical school in the country that would offer an II or an acceptance to someone if they don't have a valid MCAT. Unless it's a program through a school (i.e. early assurance programs) or a very special circumstance.

I just received an email from WVSOM telling me that I have all the required prerequisite classes taken care of. This at least means that they are taking care of stuff. Let me know if anyone gets any other form of communication.

Anyone have interviews this week or yet this cycle? I interview here on 9/11 (first one of the season!!) and I would love to know what to expect!

Anyone have interviews this week or yet this cycle? I interview here on 9/11 (first one of the season!!) and I would love to know what to expect!
Hey congrats! When did you get your II via email? I am still waiting for an II, are you IS or OOS?

I believe their first interviews are tomorrow! I also interview on 9/11

I just received an email from WVSOM telling me that I have all the required prerequisite classes taken care of. This at least means that they are taking care of stuff. Let me know if anyone gets any other form of communication.
When did you complete your secondary/supplemental?

I submitted my secondary August 11th

Congratulations! I submitted mine on the 10th but still have not heard back. They uploaded my letters, but I guess now they do that for everyone >.>

Good luck everyone with your interviews!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey congrats! When did you get your II via email? I am still waiting for an II, are you IS or OOS?

I am OOS! I got my II on 8/7, about a week after I submitted my secondary and about two days after I received the "pre-req coursework" email. It was a super quick turnaround, but it was one of the last secondaries I received so I was able to knock it out quickly.

I am OOS! I got my II on 8/7, about a week after I submitted my secondary and about two days after I received the "pre-req coursework" email. It was a super quick turnaround, but it was one of the last secondaries I received so I was able to knock it out quickly.
Congrats on your II, by the way!

I received confirmation of this same thing in late August. The admissions department is timely and super kind!

Silence since.

Good luck today guys!!!
Agreed good luck to all interviewing tday. I have heard WVSOMs interview day is very low stress
Good luck everyone with your interviews!

Thank you so much! The interview day wasn't bad whatsoever. We all sat in the admissions lobby from 7:45ish until around 10:30 when everyone was done interviewing. They interview two people at a time. My interviewers were all so so nice and I felt comfortable immediately. In the meantime before and/or after your interview (depending when you go) you have the opportunity to chat with the other interviewees. There's water and snacks in the lobby if you're hungry (but no one took any until we returned there at the end of the day) :p Then we had a tour of the campus from then until 12 for an hour lunch with medical students, and then we continued the tour until around 2pm! The campus is beautiful and everyone is super friendly. I was extremely impressed by what this school offers. The tour of the 'robotic' patients lab was my favorite part of the day!

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you so much! The interview day wasn't bad whatsoever. We all sat in the admissions lobby from 7:45ish until around 10:30 when everyone was done interviewing. They interview two people at a time. My interviewers were all so so nice and I felt comfortable immediately. In the meantime before and/or after your interview (depending when you go) you have the opportunity to chat with the other interviewees. There's water and snacks in the lobby if you're hungry (but no one took any until we returned there at the end of the day) :p Then we had a tour of the campus from then until 12 for an hour lunch with medical students, and then we continued the tour until around 2pm! The campus is beautiful and everyone is super friendly. I was extremely impressed by what this school offers. The tour of the 'robotic' patients lab was my favorite part of the day!
retweet - super laid back, and really nice people in general!

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully then send out another batch if IIs soon. It seems like it has been a while..