2017-2018 Rutgers University - NJMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in!!!! ED

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today!! OOS , application complete 8/31

Reactions: 1 user
what were your stats??
LizzyM score: 64, URM, first generation African immigrant, ESL. My stats weren't the best, but I think my PS and ECs made an impact. MCAT and GPA aren't everything!
4 years of undergraduate research at my university and Harvard Medical School, publication in The American Journal of Human Genetics, various research conference awards, 100+ shadowing hours, volunteer/work experience with under-served communities. I'm currently working as a research technician and undergrad mentor.

For all who have received interview invites, how were you notified? Via email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I'm a long time lurker on SDN and finally decided to cave and make an account.

II here last week via email, OOS!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone, I'm a long time lurker on SDN and finally decided to cave and make an account.

II here last week via email, OOS!
Congrats!!!! When were you complete and are you mstp? Also would you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats!!!! When were you complete and are you mstp? Also would you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you!!
I got the Secondary Confirmation email on 7/25 and nothing else after that until the interview invite! I'm NOT mtsp! LizzyM ~71!

Got the II! First one and super stoked! Complete early August.

II on 9/13. Secondary submitted 8/16. Lizzy M = 73

Any IIs recently? Complete around 7/25 and silence -__-

Reactions: 4 users

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything lately? IIs, acceptances, rejections? Anything? The silence is killing me

I think regular decision acceptances/rejections start on October 15.

yeah but even IIs...what is going on

Reactions: 3 users
^ +1 I feel like adcoms are moving super slow this cycle..could just be the anxiety tho

Should September interviewees expect to hear about a decision on Monday?

Reactions: 2 users
Should September interviewees expect to hear about a decision on Monday?

The assistant dean told us that we should get our decisions between October 16th and October 31st when I interviewed mid sept. She said Dean Heinrich would start notifying accepted student starting Oct 16, so to answer your question, potentially.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think a committee letter is definitely required? My adviser told me NJMS and RWJMS really desire applicants to have a letter. I was wondering if there are any applicants who have received an II or acceptance without a committee letter?

Interviewed here today. Was very relaxed and felt more like a conversation than an interview.

This was not a school I had very high on my list but now it has become quite high on my list. The atmosphere here is a lot better than I anticipated.

Do you guys think a committee letter is definitely required? My adviser told me NJMS and RWJMS really desire applicants to have a letter. I was wondering if there are any applicants who have received an II or acceptance without a committee letter?
I got an II without a committee letter! OOS LM72

II like 2 hours ago. The silence was crazy.

Is there any way to check the status of your application since the secondary isn't really a portal?

So, I go to Rutgers NB, and just got an email from NJMS inviting me to attend an AMSA event at my school where Dr. Heinrich will be presenting in a few days. He has been known to hand out in-person acceptances at this event...can anyone on here attest to that? I'm like freaking outttt right now boys and girls

Last edited:
I interviewed here recently and had what felt very much like a stress interview. It really surprised me because everything I read said that the interview here is very relaxed and conversational. Did anyone else have this experience at Rutgers NJMS? Anyone know how they evaluate you in a stress interview scenario?

Someone at my interview day mentioned this. She did say thou that just because you get this email doesn't mean you 100% will get accepted, but there is a chance. People have gotten the email, showed up and did not get an in-person acceptance. I would be cautiously optimistic if I were you :)

Oh? First person I heard this from. Everyone else I heard from said they were accepted. But yes, you are right though it's better to err on the side of caution.

Oh? First person I heard this from. Everyone else I heard from said they were accepted. But yes, you are right though it's better to err on the side of caution.

If you've been invited to attend the event, you're in. 100% of the people that were invited by his office last year got their acceptances in-person by the dean.

which day is the amsa event? i'm guessing non RU people will also hear back that day