2017-2018 Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when it's too late to take CASPer? Does this school offer interview invites without it like NYMC?
Your app is essentially on a hold until that test has been taken and the ~4 week score time has passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my complete e-mail this morning. Took the 7/26 CASPer test for what it's worth. Not sure if that means that schools are just now receiving those scores or what but just FYI if anyone took the same CASPer date.

Reactions: 1 user
Just received my complete e-mail this morning. Took the 7/26 CASPer test for what it's worth. Not sure if that means that schools are just now receiving those scores or what but just FYI if anyone took the same CASPer date.

I took mine 7/26 and didn't get a complete email yet, but I also submitted my secondary about 2 weeks ago

I finally received my complete email today. I know NYMC received my CASPer score a bit before, but I think it's taking them a while to update applications.

+1

I got the complete email today. For people who got II's, did you have to wait 8 weeks after the complete status for the II email?

My complete email says it takes 8-10 weeks for the committee to review before making II decisions.

Finally complete as well. Submitted secondary 7/2, CASPer on 8/10.

My CASPer was on 7/26, and I submitted the secondary in very early July. But...Still no complete email. I know they are backed up, so i shouldnt worry about contacting them about this right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my complete email. They didn't send a link to portal or anything. Anywhere we can check for updates to our file?

I just got my complete email. They didn't send a link to portal or anything. Anywhere we can check for updates to our file?
There's no portal and they do not accept updates unfortunately

Hopefully not too late to the game (took Capser yesterday). When are II invites being sent?

Hopefully not too late to the game (took Capser yesterday). When are II invites being sent?
Based on last years thread, any day now. (First IIs sent 8/31 last year)

Reactions: 1 users
Interview Invitation just now!! Completed 7/3. Scheduled for Sept. 15, they did not give me a choice of dates.

Reactions: 11 users
II!!!! Does anyone have an idea of how many students they interview vs accept each year?

Reactions: 7 users
II!!! I can't believe it came on a Saturday!!! What an awesome email to receive today :). Complete on 7/10, complete email on 8/3. IS, LM 70.

Interview is on 9/15 in the morning. Hope to come across some of you there for MMI fun, lol.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I accidentally submitted 4 letters here (supposed to be a max of 3), and none of them were from an MD, which they say they prefer on their website. Hopefully that helps anyone who may have been nervous about that :)

Reactions: 8 users
According to MSAR, last year they interviewed 393 IS and 617 OOS from which 89 and 94 matriculated respectively. I couldn't find anything on just acceptances.

Do they look at secondaries pre- or post-interview (or both? How important are they in the grand scheme of things)? Mine was kinda choppy because of the 100 word limit (submitted pre-150 extension and didn't want to resubmit and potentially delay app review) so I'm hoping I can elaborate on them during the interview if possible or that it won't be weighted heavily in their consideration of my app.

You're fine. The interview is MMI. You won't be able to talk about your secondary

Others who got an II can you post your LizzyM? Kinda bummed I haven't received an email from them yet cause I also got the complete email on 8/3

Others who got an II can you post your LizzyM? Kinda bummed I haven't received an email from them yet cause I also got the complete email on 8/3

Considering how many applications they get, they probably haven't even reviewed yours

Still have not received a complete email :( CASPer 7/26 and submitted 7/19

Still have not received a complete email :( CASPer 7/26 and submitted 7/19
Same here, although I actually submitted the secondary earlier than that. I am not sure how to gauge the order for sending complete emails.

Thanks! I received the complete email on 8/3
Congrats! Could you tell us what date they gave you for the interview? Just so we can see how much of notice we get for the interview. Thanks!

Congrats! Could you tell us what date they gave you for the interview? Just so we can see how much of notice we get for the interview. Thanks!
Thanks! They gave me 9/15 as well. Not too much notice lol, but luckily I live in Illinois

Anyone have any info on how the MMI interview works?

Is there a way to check if your letters of rec got received?

Is there a way to check if your letters of rec got received?

Not really. But they do send you an email (ages later) letting you know when your application is complete. I received that email about a month and half after submitting my application in early July.

New research building being built:

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone who took the Casper 8/10 receive a complete email yet?

Has anyone who took the Casper 8/10 receive a complete email yet?

Yup, took Casper on 8/10 and received complete email from Rosalind Franklin on 8/31 (exactly 3 weeks later).

"Due to the volume of applications received we ask you to please allow 8-10 weeks for us to carefully review your complete file."

You think I should email them if I haven't received a complete email yet?

7/26 CASPer and no complete email yet. Anyone else in same boat?

Reactions: 3 users
7/26 CASPer and no complete email yet. Anyone else in same boat?

When did you submit your secondary?
It seems like they are marking people complete based on when the secondary was submitted.
I submitted my secondary on 7/20, took CASPer on 7/26, and marked complete 8/18.

They will send you an email before your interview with more details.
Do you know when this email will come by chance? My interview is Friday and have not received any specific instructions yet.

Just received a complete email today. Submitted secondary on 08/08 and took CASPer on 08/10. It'll be November by the time they finish reviewing my application but let's do this!!!

Just received a complete email today. Submitted secondary on 08/08 and took CASPer on 08/10. It'll be November by the time they finish reviewing my application but let's do this!!!

Same.