2017-2018 Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know when this email will come by chance? My interview is Friday and have not received any specific instructions yet.

I got mine on the same day that I made the appointment. And I'll be there on Friday too! AM or PM?

Members don't see this ad.

I got mine on the same day that I made the appointment. And I'll be there on Friday too! AM or PM?
I received an email after I made the appointment too, but for some reason I was under the impression that we were supposed to get another with an agenda for the day (thinking about it now tho, I'm guessing they'll give us an agenda when we get there).

and Awesome! I chose the AM. Hbu?

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email after I made the appointment too, but for some reason I was under the impression that we were supposed to get another with an agenda for the day (thinking about it now tho, I'm guessing they'll give us an agenda when we get there).

and Awesome! I chose the AM. Hbu?

Oh yeah, no other emails besides that one. There was some info on the interview portal, but mostly that email. I'll be there in the AM too!

I'll be the one in the suit ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah, no other emails besides that one. There was some info on the interview portal, but mostly that email. I'll be there in the AM too!

I'll be the one in the suit ;)
Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for the person in the suit then :banana:

When did you submit your secondary?
It seems like they are marking people complete based on when the secondary was submitted.
I submitted my secondary on 7/20, took CASPer on 7/26, and marked complete 8/18.

I just re-checked my email, and found the complete notice! It came in mid-August! I had submitted secondary on the first day, July 3rd.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you know when this email will come by chance? My interview is Friday and have not received any specific instructions yet.
You should have gotten an email with the Interview Structure and Directions/Parking/Transportation... at least, that's what I got two years ago haha. You will get your schedule for the day when you arrive.

So I submitted my secondary the first week of Sept... am I totally screwed for this school (cause it seems it takes just 1-2 months to just be marked complete)....

So I submitted my secondary the first week of Sept... am I totally screwed for this school (cause it seems it takes just 1-2 months to just be marked complete)....
Only if you delayed on taking Casper. you're not complete until your Casper score gets transmitted to Rosalind Franklin which takes ~ month. if you took Casper over a month ago, i'd imagine you will receive your "complete" email soon assuming the rest of your application is complete (namely your LORs have also been sent).

Only if you delayed on taking Casper. you're not complete until your Casper score gets transmitted to Rosalind Franklin which takes ~ month. if you took Casper over a month ago, i'd imagine you will receive your "complete" email soon assuming the rest of your application is complete (namely your LORs have also been sent).

Yessir, I took my CASPer 7/26 and all my letters should be in. It's just that I submitted my secondary on 9/6 :(

if you took Casper over a month ago, i'd imagine you will receive your "complete" email soon assuming the rest of your application is complete (namely your LORs have also been sent).

Yessir, I took my CASPer 7/26 and all my letters should be in. It's just that I submitted my secondary on 9/6 :(

I also took my Casper on 7/26. My letters were in AMCAS in June and I turned in the secondary on 8/24, but I haven't received any complete notice yet.

Interview tips anyone?
Be respectful and genuine. Don't try to impress the committee and say thank you.

Edit:
Know that the curriculum is changing and it's going to be systems based for the next year's M1 class.

A month to get processed - wow. Message to every med student take CASPer early and take it well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who took Casper on 8/10 receive a complete email yet?

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck friends I hope you all have an amazing interview day :) I love my school

Thought i'd include this to help people out a bit:

Submitted 8/14
CASPer 8/10
Complete Email 8/31

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How can you check your status? I submitted my primary and secondary 8/14, CASPer 7/27, no complete email yet. Cant seem to find the portal that says what is in and what isnt.

How can you check your status? I submitted my primary and secondary 8/14, CASPer 7/27, no complete email yet. Cant seem to find the portal that says what is in and what isnt.

I don't think you get portal access unless you've been invited for an interview.

There is no portal and no way to check your status. Just have to wait for an email.

Took Casper on 8/30 and received complete email today!

Finally received the complete email. Now to wait 8-10 weeks more...

I don't think you get portal access unless you've been invited for an interview.

Nope, no portal for interviewers either. It's all done via email. You schedule your interview through an online appointment scheduler thing.

Should I email them about why I haven't gotten a complete email? Submitted app and Casper on 8/10...

Took Casper on 8/30 and received complete email today!

So I took my Casper on the same day and also received a complete email from Rosalind today. Considering how much they emphasizes that it takes a full month to grade I emailed Casper and they told me that 8/30 tests are not completed yet. I'm confused why RFU would send us complete emails when they don't have the Casper yet?

So I took my Casper on the same day and also received a complete email from Rosalind today. Considering how much they emphasizes that it takes a full month to grade I emailed Casper and they told me that 8/30 tests are not completed yet. I'm confused why RFU would send us complete emails when they don't have the Casper yet?

Maybe they changed their mind and realised that waiting for a CASPER score to consider an application to be complete is ridiculous?

I got to meet a few of you who interviewed today. Hopefully it went well for you. Feel free to PM me or ask here if you have any questions about the school.

I got an email from Rosalind Franklin saying: Your RFU journey begins today!...We hope to see you soon. --> Got my hopes up but,

Uhhh.... didn't receive II or any status updates. Complete late July.

I got an email from Rosalind Franklin saying: Your RFU journey begins today!...We hope to see you soon. --> Got my hopes up but,

Haha same. I was so thinking it was that sweet II too.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Probably automatic acceptance

Reactions: 8 users
Maybe they changed their mind and realised that waiting for a CASPER score to consider an application to be complete is ridiculous?

I hope so it would honestly make my month! Then again I'm the fool that waited until the end of August to take the CASPER so maybe I deserve to suffer.

I just decided to add RFU to my AMCAS school list today. I've already been verified and submitted secondaries to the rest of my schools. Any idea how long this secondary will take to get to me? How are my chances if I submit as soon as I get it?

What do you think my chances are? 3.97 gpa, biology major, honorscollege, 509 mcat score, studied abroad, graduated in 3 years, TA,tutor, AHA fellowship recipient, gap year as a researcher for Yale University.Extracurricular activities, 11 year history volunteering with the same organization, shadow and volunteer experience inhealthcare.
Thanks for any insight.

A little confused about this question on the secondary application. "Please specify which prerequisite course(s), if any, you plan to complete in the 2017-2018 academic year. All prerequisite courses must be completed prior to the start of classes." I have already completed all of the courses on the list so do I want to check everything off or check nothing off?

A little confused about this question on the secondary application. "Please specify which prerequisite course(s), if any, you plan to complete in the 2017-2018 academic year. All prerequisite courses must be completed prior to the start of classes." I have already completed all of the courses on the list so do I want to check everything off or check nothing off?

It sounds like you should only check courses that you have not taken which you plan on taking during this year (2017-2018). That would include any that you are currently enrolled in.

Basically they want to know that you intend on taking prerequisites if you hadn't completed them when you submitted your AMCAS.

Interview Invitation just now! Complete 7/15! In-state applicant!

Reactions: 13 users
Are there any reapp folks who received a previous II applying this year?? #ReappLove

Anyone with a 7/26 casper date still not receive a complete email?

Hello all. I have 2 secondaries left to complete (well 1, I decided I have no shot at UMD). I was considering adding 1-3 schools in its place. Is it too late to apply here?

OOS, 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 506 MCAT, URM

Already took Casper, but my only rejection thus far comes from a Casper school. MSAR doesn't show any representation from my state either. I guess I've talked myself out of it, unless someone is more optimistic.

Hello all. I have 2 secondaries left to complete (well 1, I decided I have no shot at UMD). I was considering adding 1-3 schools in its place. Is it too late to apply here?

OOS, 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 506 MCAT, URM

Already took Casper, but my only rejection thus far comes from a Casper school. MSAR doesn't show any representation from my state either. I guess I've talked myself out of it, unless someone is more optimistic.

This is interesting.....you start out optimistic and gradually dwindle down by the end of it lol. You should apply because it never hurts not to. At least you won't regret NOT doing it