2017-2018 Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why? What do they do? Resubmitting would put me quite behind considering I submitted quite early.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm in the same boat. I personally think it is pretty unethical. I called Admissions today to ask about it and they told me I could resubmit my secondary and send them an email explaining that I originally submitted when the word count was only 100 words. I was marked "complete" today, so I asked if my application status would change if I did this and she said "it shouldn't". I'm not too sure I want to take the chance.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else really curious how they did on the Casper/ low key mad you never get to see your scores?

100%. If you did really bad, does Casper have an ethical responsibility to inform you that you may be a sociopath?

Reactions: 10 users
100%. If you did really bad, does Casper have an ethical responsibility to inform you that you may be a sociopath?

They filmed us with very little warning/explanation about what they use the videos for and do with them after. Safe to say they probably don't care lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like all us July 9th casper takers finally have our scores sent. Hadn't heard anything from CMS in so long and was so paranoid I almost second guessed if I actually submitted or not lol

Took Casper July 9, no complete email :(

Finally got the complete email! :cool:

Reactions: 2 users
Complete email!! Good luck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I be concerned if I submitted the first and have no email. 7/9 Casper

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

6/28 Casper, still no complete email. Should I call?

Does Rosalind not have a portal where you can check your status? When I click the secondary link it just keeps taking me to a blank secondary app despite the fact that I paid and submitted....

6/28 Casper, still no complete email. Should I call?
No need to call quite yet. It takes 3-4 weeks for your CASPer to be graded. Then it takes another few days for the university to process your file :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does Rosalind not have a portal where you can check your status? When I click the secondary link it just keeps taking me to a blank secondary app despite the fact that I paid and submitted....
Yeah I don't think there's a portal

Complete email today, Casper 7/9, secondary submitted on 7/17.

I have the secondary completed but haven't submitted it yet because I haven't taken the casper test. Is it too late to take it? I have never heard of this test. How much is it? any info would be great, thank you!

I have the secondary completed but haven't submitted it yet because I haven't taken the casper test. Is it too late to take it? I have never heard of this test. How much is it? any info would be great, thank you!

https://takecasper.com

Start here, all the info you need is there.

Next, if you plan to take Casper and apply to CMS - submit your app as soon as it is ready without Casper, the test takes about 3-4 weeks to grade - so might as well have the other parts of the app completed.

Hey guys quick question... Do most people stay in N Chicago for all four years, or do many students typically move downtown after 2nd year finishes? Just wondering

Hey guys quick question... Do most people stay in N Chicago for all four years, or do many students typically move downtown after 2nd year finishes? Just wondering
Most M3s move to the city since almost all of the rotation sites are in the city.

6/28 Casper taker and just called admissions. They advised me to send an email instead of calling to see what's going on. Wtf

Submitted! Didn't take the CASPer until 7/26 though so they probably won't even look at it for a while. :meh:

I submitted the secondary back around 7/20 but just took today's Casper test. I wasn't ready to take it on 7/26 so postponed. TBH I might as well have taken the 7/26 as it was much trickier than I anticipated. It's pretty challenging imo and i don't think i did well :/ i don't know how much weight CASPer has but it seems silly to me that a low CASPer can break a student's application when the rest of the application is fine.

I submitted the secondary back around 7/20 but just took today's Casper test. I wasn't ready to take it on 7/26 so postponed. TBH I might as well have taken the 7/26 as it was much trickier than I anticipated. It's pretty challenging imo and i don't think i did well :/ i don't know how much weight CASPer has but it seems silly to me that a low CASPer can break a student's application when the rest of the application is fine.
It's $20 i believe for the 1st school and an additional $10 for each additional school. You list the schools you want your CASPer score sent to at the time of registration.

This was my first secondary submitted back on 7/2, just took the CASPer today!

Anyone else with Casper on 7/9 that submitted quite a while back (I was 7/2 or so) not get a complete email. I had a 100 word limit on this secondary and no communication ☹️

Anyone else with Casper on 7/9 that submitted quite a while back (I was 7/2 or so) not get a complete email. I had a 100 word limit on this secondary and no communication ☹️
It's probably coming soon, but I would follow up! I was complete on 7/6 and Casper on 7/9 and got a complete email 8/3

I'm in the same boat as you

Anyone have any personal experiences or know anyone who may have received interviews in back to back cycles out of curiosity?

FINALLY got the complete status! (Casper 7/9)

Reactions: 4 users
For those of us travelling into Chicago for the interview (if/when we hear about interviews), how do you plan on getting from the airport to a hotel near RFUMS?

Uber/taxi is probably the only way. Unfortunately, it won't be very cheap either way.

What if you letter packet that was sent with your AMCAS application contains more than 3 letters?

For those of us travelling into Chicago for the interview (if/when we hear about interviews), how do you plan on getting from the airport to a hotel near RFUMS?

Depends on the airport, if it's O'Hare you can take the L-train to Clinton st about two block from union station. From union station you can take a metra train to North Chicago

I asked about letter packets having more letters and they said that was fine, but not more than 3 individual letters. Not quite sure why more letters are allowed that way though ...

Thank you so much!

Uber/taxi is probably the only way. Unfortunately, it won't be very cheap either way.

If you fly into O'Hare, you can take the blue line on the el ($2) downtown to the loop and then transfer to the Metra Union Pacific North Line ($6). Not sure how close the train stop is to campus though, so you may want to set up a cab in advance. Uber is likely spotty in the area around campus if it's there at all.
If you fly into Midway, you could take the el into the loop and follow the same steps above, but personally I would feel safer ubering to the loop or to campus because Midway is in a bad area.
Ubering to campus from either airport is going to be expensive, but if you could split it with someone it might not be so bad.

Last year I took an Uber from O'Hare to my hotel in Lake Bluff approximately 1 to 2 miles from RFUMS, cost somewhere between 40 and 50 dollars. From Lake Bluff back to O'Hare I did have to take a taxi though, as there's practically no Ubers. Most taxis in that area have a flat rate of like 50 dollars for those getting to the airport. Roughly a 30 minute trip if I recall correctly

Anyone else submitted quite a while ago but no complete email?

Currently in the RFUMS SMP, and just wanted to give people a heads up that Uber is not really an option on the way BACK to the airport as it really isn't in the area outside of an UBER Black (few hundred $ for that distance), so be sure to plan both ways. This goes for getting to your interview on the day of as well. I would suggest Uber/Cab to the campus/hotel, Cab to campus to interview, and then Metra -> El -> Airport for the way back to avoid pre-interview stress. RFU has a shuttle to near by Lake Bluff Metra Station that I'm sure they'd let interviewees hop on. Hope this helps!