2017-2018 Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete today!

Looks like today is a wave of completion marks. MUCH better than a wave of pre-II rejections, riiiiight? :nod:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah but I finished CASPER 1 month before I submitted my secondary, but yet it still took me 1 month after my secondary submit to be marked complete lol

Tulane requires CASPER and was immediate

I'm not sure what your point is? Write a letter and complain if it bothers you so much. This isn't Tulane. Each school does things their own way.

I am still NOT complete 7/26 Casper and submitted secondary on 7/19. Should I be concerned?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am still NOT complete 7/26 Casper and submitted secondary on 7/19. Should I be concerned?
I think it's coming soon. I don't think they are going in order of submission for some reason.

Reactions: 1 users
I would definitely email. I took Casper 7/9 and was complete 8/3 and got the complete email the same day.

I'm not sure what your point is? Write a letter and complain if it bothers you so much. This isn't Tulane. Each school does things their own way.
Not sure why you feel like replying or giving attitude when you have absolutely nothing to add to a conversation.

My point was that because my CASPER was done a long time ago, I don't think that's what held up the app. I am simply wondering what their process is to mark someone as "complete."

Not sure why you feel like replying or giving attitude when you have absolutely nothing to add to a conversation.

My point was that because my CASPER was done a long time ago, I don't think that's what held up the app. I am simply wondering what their process is to mark someone as "complete."

Our school gets 12k+ applicants every year (only 5 medical schools have more applicants than us - see here). It can take up to 1-2 months for them to review a file. There's a lot of stress in the application process, but rest assured they will get to everyone. The whole application process is just a big waiting game.

Feel free to ask me any questions about our school, application process, or w/e.

Our school gets 12k+ applicants every year (only 5 medical schools have more applicants than us - see here). It can take up to 1-2 months for them to review a file. There's a lot of stress in the application process, but rest assured they will get to everyone. The whole application process is just a big waiting game.

Feel free to ask me any questions about our school, application process, or w/e.
Are applicants reviewed holistically? Or they are ranked based on MCAT and GPA?

For some reason, I get weekly emails about visiting/exploring CMS...I want to visit for an II! Sorry, member of the RFU silence club venting.

For some reason, I get weekly emails about visiting/exploring CMS...I want to visit for an II! Sorry, member of the RFU silence club venting.
At least you’re getting some type of email I guess! It’s been dead silent for me since 8/3

I'm confused why it took a month for it to be marked complete..? I mean all other schools its almost automatic once you finish secondary?
when did you take casper? capser scores take ~ month to get transmitted to your schools and you are not complete until Rosalind Franklin receives your score.

Members don't see this ad :)

When does CMS send post-secondary, pre-II rejections or is the process silent? Does CMS send "hold" emails for borderline candidates? How much is Casper factored into their decision for inviting candidates to interview?

When does CMS send post-secondary, pre-II rejections or is the process silent? Does CMS send "hold" emails for borderline candidates? How much is Casper factored into their decision for inviting candidates to interview?

From what I remember, rejections come later on in the year (I think most in the spring). They come in waves. There is an oddly worded "hold" e-mail that also comes in waves. Casper is new this year - no idea how it affects anything.

Accepted over the weekend as as a Canadian EDP applicant. I know there's not a lot of information about EDP, let alone Canadian EDPs, so please feel free to message me if you're reading this somewhere down the line and have questions :)
Congrats! What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking. I am Canadian as well with lizzy score 67.5. I haven't heard ( not an ED applicant though).
Thank you.

I saw somewhere that they are going by secondary submission date and not Complete date. Anybody know more about this? I took the 7/27 CASPer but didnt submit the secondary til approx 8/16. Seems they have been sending IIs to people who had earlier secondary submissions even with later CASPer dates.

I think my LM was around 69 ... med-low cGPA, low sGPA, high but unbalanced MCAT. I think my essays/extracurriculars/interview/CASPER went well and may have offset my less-than ideal numbers. I wish you the best of luck!
Thank you and congratulations one again.

II. Any suggestions for preparation from those that have interviewed?

II earlier today! I AM SO EXCITED! Complete email 9/11, LM 70

Reactions: 9 users
I submitted the secondary late august and took the CASPER on 8/30 and have not gotten a complete email. Should I be concerned?

I submitted the secondary late august and took the CASPER on 8/30 and have not gotten a complete email. Should I be concerned?

I submitted mine mid-August with 7/26 casper and was marked complete 9/11. So assuming they got my scores 8/28, it still took them about 2 weeks to put my file together. Patience is key.

Anyone interviewing Friday 10/6 get a follow-up email regarding interview day? In my confirmation email, it said they were going to send an email as the interview got closer with more details. Now that the interview is 2 days away and I haven't received anything, just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Anyone interviewing Friday 10/6 get a follow-up email regarding interview day? In my confirmation email, it said they were going to send an email as the interview got closer with more details. Now that the interview is 2 days away and I haven't received anything, just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.
What was the subject line of your last email from them?

does this school have a high unwritten volunteering requirement or is that Rush? because i only have about 75-100

well we have conflicting answers here, but i am pretty sure Rush was the one with ridiculous volunteering averages

i suppose we could ask the people who already have interview invites what their hours looked like to get an idea if there is?

does this school have a high unwritten volunteering requirement or is that Rush? because i only have about 75-100

You're thinking of Rush, but only having 75-100 hours is not doing you any favors at any school.

You're thinking of Rush, but only having 75-100 hours is not doing you any favors at any school.

i feel like thats average ? lol. i know its not a lot, hence why i used the word only....

i have 1500 chief scribe hours and many other ecs so im not that worried...

Finally got the "Application Complete" email today. Submitted secondary 9/4.

Still no complete email. Submitted 8/17. Anybody else not have one yet?

EDIT: Apparently I never sent my CASPer score to them :((((((((((((( Just sent it so hopefully that will put me into the screening process now since everything is complete. Still sucks tho

Does anyone know how long the interview day lasts? trying to plan my return trip

Does anyone know how long the interview day lasts? trying to plan my return trip
It's a half day so budget 5 hours there but you'll get out a bit quicker than that

Just got an II! However, the only available date is this friday, October 13th which is impossible for me to make :( anyone know what days they typically have interviews on? they have a "waitlist" option for future II dates and not sure what to put as my "preferred date".

Whoa, they only gave you a 3 day notice? When were you complete btw?

Submitted secondary on 7/19 and took 7/26 CASPer.

Last edited:
Still no complete email. Submitted 8/17. Anybody else not have one yet?

EDIT: Apparently I never sent my CASPer score to them :((((((((((((( Just sent it so hopefully that will put me into the screening process now since everything is complete. Still sucks tho
I was complete 8/18. My email from them said that review would take 8-10 weeks, so I am hoping to hear something soon. Hopefully it is an actual decision.

I was complete 8/18. My email from them said that review would take 8-10 weeks, so I am hoping to hear something soon. Hopefully it is an actual decision.
I hope so too! I got the complete email on 8/4 so my 10 weeks is coming up on Friday... Not feeling too hopeful that I'll hear from them after everything else has been going though...

Just got an II! However, the only available date is this friday, October 13th which is impossible for me to make :( anyone know what days they typically have interviews on? they have a "waitlist" option for future II dates and not sure what to put as my "preferred date".
RFUMS M1 here - they also do Mondays and Wednesdays, but they don't always do 3 days a week, so you'll have to wait and see what they have when there are more dates released.
And FYI, that waitlist for dates can be pretty panic inducing. When you sign up for it, you'll get a message that you have to schedule your interview in the next available block of dates or forfeit your invite. So once you do, just make sure to check back on the scheduling site several times a day, as all dates fill up about as fast as they come out. They release new dates pretty frequently as the current ones fill up and they send IIs to more people, so just keep your eyes peeled for more options.
I know 3 days notice can be next to impossible to make for many folks, especially if you're coming from out of state and have to make travel arrangements, but anything else that might cause a conflict, be willing to reschedule/skip it for an interview. Priorities, ya' know.

Anything else I can answer about RFU, let me know :)

RFUMS M1 here - they also do Mondays and Wednesdays, but they don't always do 3 days a week, so you'll have to wait and see what they have when there are more dates released.
And FYI, that waitlist for dates can be pretty panic inducing. When you sign up for it, you'll get a message that you have to schedule your interview in the next available block of dates or forfeit your invite. So once you do, just make sure to check back on the scheduling site several times a day, as all dates fill up about as fast as they come out. They release new dates pretty frequently as the current ones fill up and they send IIs to more people, so just keep your eyes peeled for more options.
I know 3 days notice can be next to impossible to make for many folks, especially if you're coming from out of state and have to make travel arrangements, but anything else that might cause a conflict, be willing to reschedule/skip it for an interview. Priorities, ya' know.

Anything else I can answer about RFU, let me know :)

Thank you this is reassuring! I am hoping they upload more dates in the next week before I need to be put on waitlist :)

Thank you this is reassuring! I am hoping they upload more dates in the next week before I need to be put on waitlist :)

Is there date you need to reserved an interview spot by? I wouldn't worry, there are interviews almost every week. :)

Finally got the complete email yesterday (forgot to submit CASPer until Wednesday from my 7/27 test). Hopefully that doesnt put me at the end of the pile since everything else was complete early August.

So their complete email said that they will get back to us in 8-10 weeks. As of today, it has been 10 weeks and no word. Wondering if I should call just to check...

Reactions: 5 users
So their complete email said that they will get back to us in 8-10 weeks. As of today, it has been 10 weeks and no word. Wondering if I should call just to check...
I'll be 10 weeks complete on Monday so I would love if you called and asked