2017-2018 Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I took the 8/30 CAPSER and submitted my secondary 9/1. I think this has taken too long and am gonna send an email to make sure they didn't lost my stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

let us know what they say
I'll be 10 weeks complete on Monday so I would love if you called and asked
So their complete email said that they will get back to us in 8-10 weeks. As of today, it has been 10 weeks and no word. Wondering if I should call just to check...

So I'm quoting you 3 since you guys are wondering about complete email. Just some insight on RFU, they're a really small committee that personally checks on completed applications for everyone. Aside from LORs, nothing else is really automated. I do know that one of the biggest hold ups is the CASPer score and sometimes your secondary application payment depending on the payment method that you used. But I would say the 8-10 weeks is really more applicable if you submitted early early on in the cycle.

I submitted day 1 to them on 7/1, and I didn't get my complete email until mid-August. I was in the earliest bunch and yet it still took me the 10 weeks to get my complete email. So they're probably very behind and delayed, I wouldn't be too worried about it

So I'm quoting you 3 since you guys are wondering about complete email. Just some insight on RFU, they're a really small committee that personally checks on completed applications for everyone. Aside from LORs, nothing else is really automated. I do know that one of the biggest hold ups is the CASPer score and sometimes your secondary application payment depending on the payment method that you used. But I would say the 8-10 weeks is really more applicable if you submitted early early on in the cycle.

I submitted day 1 to them on 7/1, and I didn't get my complete email until mid-August. I was in the earliest bunch and yet it still took me the 10 weeks to get my complete email. So they're probably very behind and delayed, I wouldn't be too worried about it

I submitted on July 10 and received a complete email on August 3. Yesterday was the 10 week mark for me, so even if you submitted very early you may still be adrift in the wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on July 10 and received a complete email on August 3. Yesterday was the 10 week mark for me, so even if you submitted very early you may still be adrift in the wait.
I think you replied to the wrong person. I'm complete already lol. Oh oops, I did my math wrong, I received the complete email in 1 month, not 2 months. But still, the fact it still took me some time even though submitting so early just shows that they're backlogged.

I think you replied to the wrong person. I'm complete already lol. Oh oops, I did my math wrong, I received the complete email in 1 month, not 2 months. But still, the fact it still took me some time even though submitting so early just shows that they're backlogged.

I think everyone was commenting on how it says this in the complete email:

We give each application the proper time and attention needed to make an informed decision. Due to the volume of applications received we ask you to please allow 8-10 weeks for us to carefully review your complete file.

So after ten weeks of being complete (not waiting for their files to be complete) folks are wondering if they should call

Reactions: 1 users
I think everyone was commenting on how it says this in the complete email:

We give each application the proper time and attention needed to make an informed decision. Due to the volume of applications received we ask you to please allow 8-10 weeks for us to carefully review your complete file.

So after ten weeks of being complete (not waiting for their files to be complete) folks are wondering if they should call

Like, a day after ten weeks of being complete? Nah.
Weeks? Maybe.

Even then, sooooo many people are calling/emailing them everyday for a status update that it takes time from them processing applications. You guys will be fine, just be patient.

Reactions: 1 user
Like, a day after ten weeks of being complete? Nah.
Weeks? Maybe.

Even then, sooooo many people are calling/emailing them everyday for a status update that it takes time from them processing applications. You guys will be fine, just be patient.
+1

I know you all don't want to hear "just wait"... but seriously, wait. The admissions folks go through a thousand or two applications each. It takes time. You will hear from them, it just won't be as fast as you'd like it to be. And the more you call in, the less time they have to go through your apps.
If you're legitimately concerned about some part of your app being received, that's a valid reason to send an email to check. Anything else, you just need to be patient.

Reactions: 2 users
Just popping in to say that everyone who is still waiting for II, this school is 100% worth waiting for! I interviewed today and was sold by the general positivity in the atmosphere. All students had exams on Monday, yet every single one of them went above and beyond to make interview day a very positive experience for us. People were laid back, genuine, and just normal. Students did not look overwhelmingly stressed, despite the upcoming exams. The school really emphasizes collaboration, with its true P/F system, something that I could also gauge from student-student interactions. Also, people had a sense of humor! Mainly (if you couldn't tell already), I am really sold by the simple normality of this school. People have lives, yet are also excelling academically and professionally. It's really the best of both worlds. From what I gathered about frequent party buses students take to downtown Chicago after exam week, the social life at CMS is pretty great as well. I was also impressed about the push for inter-professionalism at this school, which is something I found unique. Students of different schools (podiatry, pharmacy, etc.) seem to interact quite a bit.

Match list was also very, very impressive! They have quite a few students matching into ortho and other competitive specialities. Students also seem to be doing very well in STEP 1; they have quite some number of people scoring 260+.

The only complaint I had was that the tour was not very comprehensive in terms of facilities; our guide kind of just showed us around and told us where certain things were (anatomy lab, simulation lab, etc.), but we did not go inside. Regardless, campus did not have an outdated feel. Faculty was also very nice and staff exceedingly helpful. I was initially nervous about stoic reactions during MMIs, but my interviewers were super nice (at least the majority)! A few even made positive comments, which doesn't seem like much, but can do wonders to calm nerves in MMI setting. I am iffy about the interview and definitely think I underperformed in a few stations, but nothing to be done about it now. I can just hope for the best! Really loved this school and hoping to hear positive news!

Reactions: 5 users
Just popping in to say that everyone who is still waiting for II, this school is 100% worth waiting for! I interviewed today and was sold by the general positivity in the atmosphere. All students had exams on Monday, yet every single one of them went above and beyond to make interview day a very positive experience for us. People were laid back, genuine, and just normal. Students did not look overwhelmingly stressed, despite the upcoming exams. The school really emphasizes collaboration, with its true P/F system, something that I could also gauge from student-student interactions. Also, people had a sense of humor! Mainly (if you couldn't tell already), I am really sold by the simple normality of this school. People have lives, yet are also excelling academically and professionally. It's really the best of both worlds. From what I gathered about frequent party buses students take to downtown Chicago after exam week, the social life at CMS is pretty great as well. I was also impressed about the push for inter-professionalism at this school, which is something I found unique. Students of different schools (podiatry, pharmacy, etc.) seem to interact quite a bit.

Match list was also very, very impressive! They have quite a few students matching into ortho and other competitive specialities. Students also seem to be doing very well in STEP 1; they have quite some number of people scoring 260+.

The only complaint I had was that the tour was not very comprehensive in terms of facilities; our guide kind of just showed us around and told us where certain things were (anatomy lab, simulation lab, etc.), but we did not go inside. Regardless, campus did not have an outdated feel. Faculty was also very nice and staff exceedingly helpful. I was initially nervous about stoic reactions during MMIs, but my interviewers were super nice (at least the majority)! A few even made positive comments, which doesn't seem like much, but can do wonders to calm nerves in MMI setting. I am iffy about the interview and definitely think I underperformed in a few stations, but nothing to be done about it now. I can just hope for the best! Really loved this school and hoping to hear positive news!

Interviewed today as well. There is an internal ranking for first two years and then Honors/High pass/Pass/fail for clinical years, so not true pass or fail. Didn't really get much chance to talk to faculty, which was kind of disappointing, I would love to get the chance to meet my possible future teachers.
Totally agree with the social life part. Students seemed to have social lives....also heard the party bus thing, which makes this school sound more lively than other schools I interviewed at.

Were you in the morning or afternoon group?

Interviewed today as well. There is an internal ranking for first two years and then Honors/High pass/Pass/fail for clinical years, so not true pass or fail. Didn't really get much chance to talk to faculty, which was kind of disappointing, I would love to get the chance to meet my possible future teachers.
Totally agree with the social life part. Students seemed to have social lives....also heard the party bus thing, which makes this school sound more lively than other schools I interviewed at.
We have internal ranking only for AOA and for the honors degree. Otherwise, it is pass/fail for the first two years.

The only complaint I had was that the tour was not very comprehensive in terms of facilities; our guide kind of just showed us around and told us where certain things were (anatomy lab, simulation lab, etc.), but we did not go inside.

PM any of us at the school here if you're ever in the area and would like a second look. We'll take care of you. You should have been taken into the labs.

Didn't really get much chance to talk to faculty, which was kind of disappointing, I would love to get the chance to meet my possible future teachers.

Some of the faculty stays after to talk to the students during refreshments after the interview day. I've taken candidates to the actual offices of professors if they voiced an interest in meeting them. Again, if you're ever in the area and would like a second look/meet and greet with professors, let us know.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I second all this!! I interviewed a while ago and am on pins and needles to hear back! (and I also feel like I underperformed on the interview, which is not helping my anxiety at all, haha)

I'm sorry your tour was not great though! It might be tour guide-dependent, because the day I was there, we were taken into the labs (anatomy and simulation). Our guide was great, friendly and chatty, and it was the first tour I'd been on that genuinely felt like a chance to get a feel for the school (vs just taking up time during an interview day).

That's unfortunate, it's possible that there were classes going on so you couldn't go into the anatomy/simulation labs. If you ever want to see something though, don't hesitate to ask the students! We'll definitely emphasize that for future interviews.

I second all this!! I interviewed a while ago and am on pins and needles to hear back! (and I also feel like I underperformed on the interview, which is not helping my anxiety at all, haha)

I'm sorry your tour was not great though! It might be tour guide-dependent, because the day I was there, we were taken into the labs (anatomy and simulation). Our guide was great, friendly and chatty, and it was the first tour I'd been on that genuinely felt like a chance to get a feel for the school (vs just taking up time during an interview day).

Don't worry about how you did on your interview - I feel like all my classmates felt we underperformed too. Glad you enjoyed the tour. :)

FINALLY complete after having everything done in August :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waiting anxiously for an answer. Interviewed with first batch of interviewees and was told that answers will be given out 4 to 6 weeks from interview date. Which is today. I hope. Anyone heard anything? Please post if you do hear from them.

Waiting anxiously for an answer. Interviewed with first batch of interviewees and was told that answers will be given out 4 to 6 weeks from interview date. Which is today. I hope. Anyone heard anything? Please post if you do hear from them.

I interviewed early September so I'm hoping to hear back today too. Haven't heard anything yet but waiting anxiously.

Why do you think it took so long to get complete? I got a compete email a few days after submitting early august. My stats aren't super high or anything.
should have mentioned I took the 8/30 casper, so that is probably part of it

Just got an II! Not sure if I'll attend seeing as I just got accepted elsewhere and have low funds to travel. Exciting though. I got the application complete email on August 29th.

Reactions: 6 users
II here too!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an II! Not sure if I'll attend seeing as I just got accepted elsewhere and have low funds to travel. Exciting though. I got the application complete email on August 29th.

I was complete the next day!! Hopefully this brings good tidings for me as well. Congrats! :>

I interviewed in the very first batch of people, and I haven't heard anything if that helps ease some nerves for anyone!

Was offered an II yesterday! OOS. I took the Casper test early July and was complete early August.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know how long the interview day is? MMI can't take more than an hour...need to know for my flight

I received an II today. I'm OOS and received my complete email late August.

@anonymous873 when you sign up for a date, it says the interview day lasts four hours. Also MMI can take more than an hour! I interviewed at a school that had an MMI that lasted almost two hours!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does rosalind waitlist pre-interview or have you guys gotten that status after interviewing?
I think they are saying that they were waitlisted at another school. I interviewed here on the first interview day and have yet to hear anything.

Interviewed on Sept. 15. The waiting is killing me.

Reactions: 3 users
A couple of things for those that already interviewed...
1) What hotel did everyone stay at? I've been going through the list to try to find the cheapest rate but some of these hotels only have 1-2 stars. I'm not trying to stay in a sketchy area/dump. Any recommendations?
2) I've never done a MMI before and have little time to prepare. How do you even prepare for this?

Interviewed on Sept. 15. The waiting is killing me.
Last year they gave out answers on Wednesday, October 17. If the trend continues, answers should come out sometime this afternoon. Super anxious!

Just checked the 2015-16 thread for Rosalind Franklin. Decisions for the first batch of interviewees came down NOVEMBER 19! Toward the end of the day. So, I guess it depends on how busy the committee is. Sigh.

Does this school get that many apps or are they just a little slow in the review process?

A couple of things for those that already interviewed...
1) What hotel did everyone stay at? I've been going through the list to try to find the cheapest rate but some of these hotels only have 1-2 stars. I'm not trying to stay in a sketchy area/dump. Any recommendations?
2) I've never done a MMI before and have little time to prepare. How do you even prepare for this?
Pick one, you can't have both.

When I interviewed last year I stayed in the Ramada in Waukegan. Neighborhood - definitely sketch. But there were no real problems, the staff is friendly, and you get a decent breakfast.
Waukegan has the cheaper hotels, but you will also need to rent a car, although I would recommend this anyway (cheaper than Uber, faster than the train).
Also, if you're really trying to conserve funds, try posting your interview date & arrival time here and see who else is signed up for the same time that would be willing to split transport/hotel fees. I shared a room with one person and a car with 2 additional folks, making this interview the cheapest one I went to despite coming from ~500 miles away.

Does this school get that many apps or are they just a little slow in the review process?
They really get that many apps. And it's a small committee, so that slows it down more.
Just be patient, you will get an answer.