2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, I turned in my secondary on 7/12 or 7/13 and nothing but silence...

Just so everyone feels a bit better, I submitted my secondary on July 2nd and have not heard anything yet. I didn't even get the "application complete " email until late August. So if you submitted your application a week ago and have not heard anything, no reason to lose your cool and call the admissions office demanding an update

Reactions: 4 users
Just so everyone feels a bit better, I submitted my secondary on July 2nd and have not heard anything yet. I didn't even get the "application complete " email until late August. So if you submitted your application a week ago and have not heard anything, no reason to lose your cool and call the admissions office demanding an update
I submitted July 3rd and I have not even received a 'complete' email. I only received a "Thank you for your AMCAS app..." in August

Got an II yesterday and booked my flight for Nashville today!

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Edit: posted in wrong thread

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This is one blessed SOB...submitted less than a month ago and got an II while the rest of us who submitted in mid-July here like...

Reactions: 7 users
Just got my II!! It's liiiit!!

Reactions: 10 users
First reports of interview invites from Meharry AND Howard on the same day?!?!

Keeping my fingers crossed for some good news soon! :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 users
I received the secondary as well, but I'm having trouble finding the actual essay because I keep getting the message "information access denied" every time I try to go on the "Supplemental Application for Medical School Admission" link.

Can someone please post the essay prompt and the word limit for it?
How'd you fix this? Did you just call Meharry? (Does anyone else know how to remedy this?) I'm a reapplicant so that might have something to do with it.

Am I the only one who is having an unpredictable cycle? I got denied by UW, MCW, and Morehouse about 3 weeks ago, haven't heard back from Meharry, Howard, or Drew, and got 3 IIs from schools I didn't even think I had a real shot at...this is all left-field, I guess I just imagined the cycle going different than it is now, especially quicker

Reactions: 2 users
Am I the only one who is having an unpredictable cycle? I got denied by UW, MCW, and Morehouse about 3 weeks ago, haven't heard back from Meharry, Howard, or Drew, and got 3 IIs from schools I didn't even think I had a real shot at...this is all left-field, I guess I just imagined the cycle going different than it is now, especially quicker
Can I private message you?

Do you guys think that only having one summer of research experience severely hinders your chances of receiving an II invite and acceptance? I have been trying to get more experience, but it hasn't been going so well.

Do you guys think that only having one summer of research experience severely hinders your chances of receiving an II invite and acceptance? I have been trying to get more experience, but it hasn't been going so well.

Although a summer research experience is not as comprehensive as working in a lab since your freshman or sophomore year, the importance lies in the caliber of the experience and what you learned and grew from it. Research is great, but communicating its effect on your collegiate matriculation in your app is the key.

Just got an II from Meharry a few mins ago. Submitted July 7th, never got a 'complete' email.

Just got an II from Meharry a few mins ago. Submitted July 7th, never got a 'complete' email.
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Hey guys. I received an II from Meharry on 9/25/17 for Monday, October 2nd. Responded accordingly and received a confirmation email with instructions on how to get a parking pass, times of the interview, etc.

I sent an email to Mr. Gregg Cane as instructed yesterday to receive a parking pass and didn't receive anything back.

Today, I was refreshing my email to see if he had responded when I received ANOTHER email congratulating me on receiving an interview invite, and asking me to pick a date for an interview.

You can see my problem. It seems the admissions office isn't open on the weekends, and I received the second II minutes before they closed up shop in the phone calls department. I've sent 2 emails regarding the issue to Mr. Cane and the admissions staff and I really hope they get back to me soon.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

Hey guys. I received an II from Meharry on 9/25/17 for Monday, October 2nd. Responded accordingly and received a confirmation email with instructions on how to get a parking pass, times of the interview, etc.

Today, I was refreshing my email to see if he had responded when I received ANOTHER email congratulating me on receiving an interview invite, and asking me to pick a date for an interview.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

I have an interview on October 2nd as well and also just got another email inviting me to an interview. I have no idea what to make of it so I hope they still expect me on Monday.

II earlier today! LM 64, 3.8GPA, URM, and OOS.

Does anyone know if they have a student hosting program?

Complete date?

They emailed and informed me that they completed an initial review of my application Sep 7th (but had to wait for Sep 12th MCAT release).

They emailed and informed me that they completed an initial review of my application Sep 7th (but had to wait for Sep 12th MCAT release).

Ahh, gotcha. I still haven't gotten an "initial review complete" email yet.