2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is your GPA may I ask? Perhaps its not exactly the MCAT but the GPA in which they cut off
my gpa is 3.2. But I called them and asked them and they said it was my mcat score that was the problem. They said the minimum was 495.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what this school's average MCAT score is? I'm in the low 500s so I wonder what their cut off is for granting interviews 0_0.

Is anyone else having trouble finding the "View Your Checklist" tab on the portal? Either I am blind or it is not there.

Reactions: 1 user
So the middle of this month we should begin to hear something right? I feel like I've been waiting forever :(

Reactions: 3 users
So the middle of this month we should begin to hear something right? I feel like I've been waiting forever :(
I hope so! In last year's thread, someone got an interview during the second week of September!

Reactions: 1 users
If you are in the process of taking one of the pre-requisite courses for Meharry will they still send you an II invite? I still have not been marked as confirmed and I submitted the secondary app on the 24th.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are in the process of taking one of the pre-requisite courses for Meharry will they still send you an II invite? I still have not been marked as confirmed and I submitted the secondary app on the 24th.
Pretty doubtful of this...keep in mind people who apply their junior year of college to start post graduation don't have all their pre-reqs done and people get II/accepted. They just expect that those requirements are complete prior to matriculation, so I highly doubt that you're not complete due to have a missing pre-req.

Pretty doubtful of this...keep in mind people who apply their junior year of college to start post graduation don't have all their pre-reqs done and people get II/accepted. They just expect that those requirements are complete prior to matriculation, so I highly doubt that you're not complete due to have a missing pre-req.
I figured, but the pre-req is literally the only thing that I am missing....

I figured, but the pre-req is literally the only thing that I am missing....
Well if you submitted on "the 24th" meaning 8/24- need to seriously chill. It often takes 4+ weeks to process applications. You have to remember they get thousands. If you're super concerned and a month has passed you can always contact them but it is extremely early to have any concern. I know it sucks waiting, but an unfortunate part of the process!

Do schools automatically hold your application if you retake the Mcat? Even if your current Mcat score is within their top percentile on Msar?

Last edited:
Do schools automatically hold your application if you retake the Mcat? Even if your current Mcat score is within their top percentile on Msar?
I actually emailed them and they said that my application was on hold, because they were awaiting my new MCAT scores.

Lol yea. Her name Igbo or so I thought

did anyone get a "complete" email post secondary?

did anyone get a "complete" email post secondary?
Sort of. I got a "receipt" of my application ~3 weeks after submission that says I will receive further communication after the review of my application is complete.

Sort of. I got a "receipt" of my application ~3 weeks after submission that says I will receive further communication after the review of my application is complete.
Hmmm I never got that I just got the thank you for submitting your secondary your application will be complete once all items are received but that was awhile ago. On the portal how do I "view checklist" all I see is that the green submitted tab. Is there a way to see a checklist?

Yes, I did get that email a few weeks ago as well.

Hmmm I never got that I just got the thank you for submitting your secondary your application will be complete once all items are received but that was awhile ago. On the portal how do I "view checklist" all I see is that the green submitted tab. Is there a way to see a checklist?

Would like to know the answer to this as well

Referring to this post lol

Are we still in the silence squad? I really want an interview here... :(

yeah I haven't heard anything yet as well...

Am I the only one who is not seeing "view checklist" on my app? Does this mean my app is not complete, I submitted my secondary on 8/3.

Am I the only one who is not seeing "view checklist" on my app? Does this mean my app is not complete, I submitted my secondary on 8/3.
Huh. I've been complete for awhile now. I have never seen this actually...just have "View form HTML" and "View details" none of which have a checklist

I have sent 2 emails regarding the "View Checklist" issue but no one has responded. I also tried calling but it kept going to voicemail. :thinking: And no update emails at all. :help:

I have sent 2 emails regarding the "View Checklist" issue but no one has responded. I also tried calling but it kept going to voicemail. :thinking: And no update emails at all. :help:
Mildly concerning that they're this hard to reach, but at the same time, it seems no one has gotten any updates... the View Checklist missing seems to be the case for quite a few of us too. Not sure there is any issue, just where they're at right now!

Hi all!

I've called twice in the past 2 weeks regarding the status of my application (secondary submitted 8/30). Both times, the gentleman on the phone told me that they will be communicating with applicants via email if any further documents are required (no straight answer on the status of my application or anything related to that though....).

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all!

I've called twice in the past 2 weeks regarding the status of my application (secondary submitted 8/30). Both times, the gentleman on the phone told me that they will be communicating with applicants via email if any further documents are required (no straight answer on the status of my application or anything related to that though....).

So now we play the waiting game. May the odds be ever in everyone's favor.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi Everyone,

How are you checking the status of your application for this school? I only see that my secondary had been submitted and that I can view it...I read something about a "checklist" earlier in this thread?

Hi Everyone,

How are you checking the status of your application for this school? I only see that my secondary had been submitted and that I can view it...I read something about a "checklist" earlier in this thread?
Lol read through previous comments...

Hi Everyone,

You can't check the status. Also, there is no checklist as far as I know.

Got my secondary!!! Is there a screening process or does everyone get the secondary? Also, I am having technical issues with my secondary. Who do i talk to?

Submitted my secondary 7/13 and still silence. Anyone else been waiting 2+ months? Lizzy M 63