2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey thanks man. Both the why do you wish and describe a personal situation of failure are secondary prompts for this school? Can you tell us whats the word max?
There's no max or minimum stated. They're both required questions for this secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who has submitted their secondary been able to view the "view your checklist" page?

I submitted and cannot see this page- can anyone see this page?

Has anyone who has submitted their secondary been able to view the "view your checklist" page?

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me submit, granted it was the night of, and I'm a FAP recipient. I wonder if they'll send an email out addressing the inconsistencies.
Any update on your fee waiver situation? I'm also a FAP recipient

Reactions: 1 user
Any update on your fee waiver situation? I'm also a FAP recipient
Nothing, no update. I can login and I'm able to click on View Form HTML and it shows that it's been submitted. I'm assuming since they get FAP information from AAMC we should be okay, but I'm not 100% sure.

How many characters/words are allowed for the secondary questions from Meharry?
EDIT: Nevermind. One of the above posts provided the answer. Thank you!

Not to be redundant, because I know I kind of asked this earlier, but is everyone basically just submitting 3 letters of recommendation? Is that the understood min & max?

Not to be redundant, because I know I kind of asked this earlier, but is everyone basically just submitting 3 letters of recommendation? Is that the understood min & max?
There is nothing wrong going above 3 (5) just don't go below 3.

There is nothing wrong going above 3 (5) just don't go below 3.

Thanks for replying. I have 6 letters total. Do you think that would be too much? I've been erring on the side of giving as much as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm able to view the checklist page. Have you tried clicking on the "View form HTML" tab?

Yeah I click that and only my submitted application shows, I want to see view you checklist so I can update my application.

Ah, I see. It appears that the school hasn't made that option available yet.

Thanks for replying. I have 6 letters total. Do you think that would be too much? I've been erring on the side of giving as much as possible.

You should definitely go for quality over quantity. I think the max number of letters most schools will accept is 6.

You should definitely go for quality over quantity. I think the max number of letters most schools will accept is 6.
I also have another question. I wanted to serve both inner city and rural area, but the website won't allow me to select both. Hence, the question does the school as any preference for one over the other? I know the governement subsidize physician in rural area, but still in the blue when it comes to serving inner cities.

Stick to 5 if you can.

I definitely already submitted & used all 6. I did try to email them about it maybe a week ago, but no one got back to me & I wanted to be complete earlier rather than later. My bad. Maybe they'll read the first 5??

True. I just like all of my letters for different reasons & feel they give a more complete picture of who I am as a student, researcher, volunteer, etc. when they're read together. I do respect any explicitly stated limits though (e.g. only send 3 to schools with a 3 max).

Has anyone gotten any information about paying the $65 fee? I was also able to submit without having to pay (and I'm a FAP recipient)...

Has anyone gotten any information about paying the $65 fee? I was also able to submit without having to pay (and I'm a FAP recipient)...
It's likely the case that all non-FAP recipients pay the fee while FAP recipients don't.

Reactions: 1 users
how's going guys! Do Meharry have preference for in-state over out-state?

how's going guys! Do Meharry have preference for in-state over out-state?
Seeing how MeHarry is a private institution, I feel that the adcom accepts IS:OOS applicants somewhere closer to 50/50. But I may be wrong.

What is the secondary prompts please?
1. Why do you wish to attend Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine?

2. Please describe a personal situation of failure, significant challenge or a major obstacle that you have overcome. Include a description of your coping skills and lessons you learned about yourself from that situation.

Reactions: 2 users
I thought Meharry screened? Added them 5-10 minutes ago, received their secondary just now. :eek:

1. Why do you wish to attend Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine?

2. Please describe a personal situation of failure, significant challenge or a major obstacle that you have overcome. Include a description of your coping skills and lessons you learned about yourself from that situation.
Hi! Just looking for some advice. Do you think immigration to the US would be a good answer to the second question, even though I have already mentioned it in the primary personal statement?

Hi! Just looking for some advice. Do you think immigration to the US would be a good answer to the second question, even though I have already mentioned it in the primary personal statement?
yes, I currently do research on African immigrants at NIH and immigration can be a major obstacle to overcome. Tell your story...

Did you elaborate it more on your primary? If yes then there is no need to be redundant again. Come out with something else. For example did you repeat your senior year of high school? Something like that you can explain how you dealt with it.

verified today, secondary today!

I called about the same question. If you're a FAP recipient they automatically waive the fee.

Hey, has anyone received a complete email after submitting their secondary yet?

Received one day after I submitted it.

Oh. Was it the "Thank you for completing your online application!" email or was it an email that said your application is complete and ready to be reviewed? Because I need not receive the latter

Oh. Was it the "Thank you for completing your online application!" email or was it an email that said your application is complete and ready to be reviewed? Because I need not receive the latter
I received the former, not the latter, seems we're on the same boat!

I received the latter email. You should receive the email ~ a week after you submit the secondary.

would a post-bacc program be considered a "summer or other enrichment program"?

I received the latter email. You should receive the email ~ a week after you submit the secondary.
I submitted the first week of July (a few days after receiving it) and did not get a complete email. Do you mind me asking when you submitted your secondary and received a complete email?

Anyone still waiting on a secondary? Was verified in early June, and nothing.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted the first week of July (a few days after receiving it) and did not get a complete email. Do you mind me asking when you submitted your secondary and received a complete email?
My apologies, it wasn't Meharry, but a different school. I just double checked my folders and I haven't received the "ready to be reviewed" email.o_O

My apologies, it wasn't Meharry, but a different school. I just double checked my folders and I haven't received the "ready to be reviewed" email.o_O
Lol it's okay! I'm just glad we're all on the same page with our secondary here. Thanks for double checking though!

Does Meharry send secondaries to everyone??? asking 'couse I got a secondary 5 minutes after I received a email from amcas that I was completed....

Does Meharry send secondaries to everyone??? asking 'couse I got a secondary 5 minutes after I received a email from amcas that I was completed....
Same happened to me. But according to MSAR,
"All applicants do not receive the secondary application; applicants are prescreened and invited to complete the secondary application if eligible."

Same happened to me. But according to MSAR,
"All applicants do not receive the secondary application; applicants are prescreened and invited to complete the secondary application if eligible.
that's something....eehh?? good luck. Also, any idea when they send IIs???

anyone know if they're receptive to update emails. If so, to who?