2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where are people interviewing soon staying while in Nashville?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I think I called there but that rate was still pretty high in my opinion. Ugh....
It was but it is cheaper compared to the others I checked within 2 miles of the school. The ones I found that were cheap were far from the school, at least a 15-20 min drive.
EDIT: I thought the 'Meharry rate' would chop off at least $20-50....sigh

did anyone try calling to inquire about status? Im unsure if meharry is open to those calls pre-II?

To those traveling to interview, has anyone found affordable means of travel to Nashville from Washington, D.C./Maryland area?
Thanks!

did anyone try calling to inquire about status? Im unsure if meharry is open to those calls pre-II?

You should call and test the water for all of us waiting in silence lol

Reactions: 1 user
To those traveling to interview, has anyone found affordable means of travel to Nashville from Washington, D.C./Maryland area?
Thanks!
At this point i'm considering greyhound, it's $50 one way but takes about 19 hours. Then i'll probably fly back. Which is still 350+

Has anyone with an upcoming interview received their one-day parking pass yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody happen to know where I can find the curriculum, or if anybody has a class schedule? I looked online and couldn't find any info! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! To those who have had interviews: what time did you interview begin? When I selected my date it said from 9 am to 4 pm, but my confirmation email says 8 am to 3 pm.

Thanks!

Hey everyone! To those who have had interviews: what time did you interview begin? When I selected my date it said from 9 am to 4 pm, but my confirmation email says 8 am to 3 pm.

Thanks!
Nashville is an hour behind you so in Nashville, it starts at 8am but where you are, the time will be 9am. Same thing happened to me

If anyone interviewing on Monday would like to drive down with me from Atlanta tomorrow and share a room at Hampton Inn on Elliston, pm me. We can split costs. The room has 2 queen beds.

how much time should I leave to get to the airport after the interview?

Has anyone who interviewed on October 2 heard anything?

Hi, Guys,

Does Meharry screen before sending out their secondary? There seems to be conflicting information throughout the thread...

Thanks in advance!

Hi, Guys,

Does Meharry screen before sending out their secondary? There seems to be conflicting information throughout the thread...

Thanks in advance!

Yes. Last cycle I didn't receive one, this year I did. I was told mine was because of MCAT. I know they do MCAT and GPA screen. A previous thread showed 3.0/490. Now, I don't know the screening is done because I got my secondary 5 mins after I submitted my primary.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I got my secondary even before my score was released, so I'm not sure how they screen

Sent from my Z981 using SDN mobile

Not a word. Which is funny and frustrating since they said we should have heard by now.
I interviewed there yesterday and we were told that they only send out decisions on Fridays after 5pm central time. They also said if you don't hear anything this Friday, wait till next Friday. If nothing next Friday, send an email, do not call.

To anyone that has interviewed, was the interview closed file or open file?

To anyone that has interviewed, how was the set-up of the day (8 am-4pm I think the email said)? Did the interviews take place in the morning or afternoon? Was it conversational or completely academic related? Just interested in the experience as a whole.

Yes. Last cycle I didn't receive one, this year I did. I was told mine was because of MCAT. I know they do MCAT and GPA screen. A precious thread showed 3.0/490. Now, I don't know the screening is done because I got my secondary 5 mins after I submitted my primary.

what are your stats?

To anyone that has interviewed, was the interview closed file or open file?
They said both would be open file but both interviewers did not feel like looking through my file so they just went with the flow. One was more interested in my family background, struggles, etc and the other asked questions that made me talk about my ECs.

To anyone that has interviewed, how was the set-up of the day (8 am-4pm I think the email said)? Did the interviews take place in the morning or afternoon? Was it conversational or completely academic related? Just interested in the experience as a whole.
The interview day is 8am-3pm latest, depending on when you have your second interview. The mood of the interview depends on the person interviewing you but most of the day was spent waiting and conversing with other applicants in a conference room.

It just seems like it was active for a minute, now its just silent!! So I was curious if they went out on a certain day of the week, or if they were close to filling the class etc.

Just flew in for tomorrow's interview, what is awesome to see and eat in Nashville?

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone from today's interview that are staying overnight want to grab some dinner tonight? I have a recommendation for a good place and have a rental car if you need a ride.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Where are the IIs , not even for me, just somebody.

I think they send out IIs on Fridays....I could be wrong but I got mine on a Friday and they mentioned something like that when I interviewed.

is it to late to apply to this school? i applied to other schools over the summer but not to this one.

On the portal for Morehouse, I see "Confirmed" but I don't see that for Meharry. Does it ever say confirmed for Meharry? Do we get 'complete' emails from Meharry? I submitted the secondary for Meharry earlier than Morehouse. (If these questions have already been answered, sorry for asking again. I am reading through the thread right now)

Last edited:
On the portal for Morehouse, I see "Confirmed" but I don't see that for Meharry. Does it ever say confirmed for Meharry? Do we get 'complete' emails from Meharry? I submitted the secondary for Meharry earlier than Morehouse. (If these questions have already been unanswered, sorry for asking again. I am reading through the thread right now)
I believe once the admissions office receives your application it is supposed to be "confirmed" on the portal and also get the complete email. but some people have gotten II before even the complete email. The process is not same for everyone. Been complete for a month now and no "confirmed"/complete email, they said it may take up to 6 weeks to get the complete email. We may also be on hold as they process the apps and pick out the ones they like most.

Mins wasn't confirmed on the portal. But I emailed them and they replied saying I was complete and it is with the admissions committee for review.

ImageUploadedBySDN1508975520.674368.jpg

This is what I got. So not a "formal" generated email, but they can confirm whether or not you are missing any information. I submitted the secondary approx 2 weeks ago.

Hey guys would you happen to know any hotels with good pricing that I could book that is closest to the school?

I never even got a secondary

Sent from my iPhone