2017-2018 Georgetown University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any late October interviewees heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Are they receptive to ITA emails? Will be in DC this coming week coming from NYC (would be very late notice, I know)

Haven’t heard of it working yet. But you could try! It can’t hurt.

Rejected 10 mins ago. Complete 9/8. Congrats to all accepted / good luck to those still in the running!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it better to send update letters pre II or to wait until a possible II here and talk about the things I've been up to since sending my primary in my interview?

Is it better to send update letters pre II or to wait until a possible II here and talk about the things I've been up to since sending my primary in my interview?

I would send it now, so long as it is a meaningful update. A good update can only help your chances, as it may get you noticed and it will show continued interest in the school. You can still talk about them in an interview if you get invited. Leaving it up to chance to talk about in the case that you MIGHT get an interview is a risky, low-reward move to make. If you end up not sending the update and then don't get an interview, you'll probably wish you had sent it.

Just got the "thanks, but no thanks". First R of the season. Pre-II. Complete 9/16. Congrats to everyone accepted, and best wishes to those still in the race.

Accepted 12/14, interviewed 10/25. 509 MCAT, 3.98cGPA. Definitely my top choice of med school so im SUPER hype. Anyone have input on how to gain some scholarship here so I can (somewhat) afford to matriculate?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the "thanks, but no thanks". First R of the season. Pre-II. Complete 9/16. Congrats to everyone accepted, and best wishes to those still in the race.

Not going to DC because I Just got big bloody R, my 10th of the cycle. Completed mid-September, LM 70. Good luck all. The stone which GW rejected will become a corner stone.

Last edited:
Rejected just now, LizzyM 69 complete first couple days of September ....and so dream school remains a dream

anyone know if georgetown uses prioritized waitlists?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back who interviewed on October 30th? The anticipation is killing me!

Cancelled my interview and withdrew my app today. I hope my interview slot goes to one of y'all soon! Best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear back from Georgetown. MCAT 516, GPA 3.68, complete 10/9. Thoughts?

I have no idea how this process works. My stats are similar to yours, you have a better MCAT. For the secondary, I wrote about relevant life experiences that align with Georgetown's mission. With 8 interview days left, I'm sure more people will hear from them soon.

Probably premature... but has anyone on the waitlist had any movement yet? Lol

Edit: FYI I looked and first WL movement was early March last years so... I’ll chill lol. Merry Christmas and happy holidays y’all :p

Last edited:
Probably premature... but has anyone on the waitlist had any movement yet? Lol

Edit: FYI I looked and first WL movement was early March last years so... I’ll chill lol. Merry Christmas and happy holidays y’all :p
I'm also trying to be patient in waiting to get in off the waitlist!!! Very difficult to do haha. Good luck to you :)

Interviewed first week of November too and got the call yesterday. Gonna be a Hoya next fall :) better yet, I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR! Never thought I'd be posting such great news, esp before the new year. Int'l non-permanent residents, its totally possible. May the odds be forever in your favor

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted yesterday and interviewed end of October!

Reactions: 4 users
How long does Georgetown take to reject people or make some sort of decision? Been “under review” for monthssss

How long does Georgetown take to reject people or make some sort of decision? Been “under review” for monthssss
I remembered 8 to 10 weeks being mentioned at the interview. My phone call came at about ~7 weeks, probs because of the holidays.

I remembered 8 to 10 weeks being mentioned at the interview. My phone call came at about ~7 weeks, probs because of the holidays.
I assumed they meant pre-II. If that’s the case, no one knows how long it could be. They do reject liberally though so if you haven’t been rejected that’s a good sign.

Hello all! This whole cycle I have been stalking SDN without contributing, and I feel guilty. I am updating all school threads that I have heard from so everyone can get some more data!

Interviewed 09/21, WL in mid-October. Sorry I am so late on this one.

LizzyM: 71.5, OOS. Let me know if you want to know more.

Any idea when those who interviewed in early December will hear back? I remember being told January, but can't remember if they specified when.

Pre-II rejection. Completed Sep 26.

Any of my 11/14 interview peeps out there? Anybody heard back?

Hello! About to have my interview at Georgetown. I was wondering whether there are two standard interviews (one faculty and one student) or is it just 1 interview with either a faculty or student? I really hope I get a faculty member if its the latter. Thanks!

Hello! About to have my interview at Georgetown. I was wondering whether there are two standard interviews (one faculty and one student) or is it just 1 interview with either a faculty or student? I really hope I get a faculty member if its the latter. Thanks!
1 with one or the other. Good luck!

Any of my 11/14 interview peeps out there? Anybody heard back?
I interviewed on 11/14 and the admissions office told me we should hear back around Jan 15th

Thoughts on sending a letter of intent before receiving a decision post-II? I really liked it here.

Go for it if you really love it. :) good luck!
Thanks for the input!

Anyone else agree or disagree with this course of action? Has anyone done this that can speak to its benefit?

Last edited:
Thanks for the input!

Anyone else agree or disagree with this course of action? Has anyone done this that can speak to its benefit?
I sent an update letter/interest (not intent) pre-decision. I got waitlisted, but at a school like gtown I can’t imagine it will hurt.