2017-2018 Central Michigan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone accepted 5/14 or later received their admissions packet in the mail yet?
You should probably call the office

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted recently after giving up hope this cycle and misplaced my CMU info documents. Can someone please explain what CARES is? Are these exam weeks and how often are exams?
And while this question is out there...the Foundation of Med block ends a week after Thanksgiving. Does that mean exams are usually given after Turkey weekend:eek:?

Cares weeks are basically exam weeks... sometimes they have less exams than others. And yeah... there's usually an exam after Thanksgiving weekend if I recall correctly (which I liked, gave me time to catch up!! LOL)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else still on waitlist? Is there even a chance at this point or should I just prepare for my backup plan?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still on waitlist? Is there even a chance at this point or should I just prepare for my backup plan?
I’d start preparing a backup plan. But I noticed on sdn two people withdrew their acceptances last week, so there is still hope! :) good luck!

I always liked the thought: plan for the worst, and hope for the best. Time is valuable, it’s the one of the only things we can never get back...

Accepted!

But will be withdrawing :(

CMU is a great school and anyone going here will be very successful and supported throughout their medical education. Goodluck everyone!

Were we supposed to receive a schedule/online canvas or is that during orientation?

What is the pre-secondary screen for OOS?

All have a 500 word limit:
1. Tell us about a time when you have been an outsider and felt uncomfortable
2. What are two essential skills needed for success in medical school?
3. [REAPP ONLY]: If you have applied to any medical school in previous cycles, what have you done since your last application to prepare yourself for a career in medicine? If you have not applied to medical school previously, write “N/A” in the box.

Good luck to everyone applying!

sorry if this is a stupid question, by "all" do you mean all questions combined have a limit of 500 words? or does each question require its own 500 word essay?

sorry if this is a stupid question, by "all" do you mean all questions combined have a limit of 500 words? or does each question require its own 500 word essay?
Each question has a 500 word limit

Withdrew earlier this week, hope my spot goes to one of you lovely WLers :love:!
I know this stress of waiting all too well, so here’s hoping for good news!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all, I've been following this thread "in the shadows" since my interview here where I was very much impressed with the school. I appreciate all your help and insight on all topics covered throughout the length of this cycle. I was looking for a place to live in Mount Pleasant and came across "The Village at Bluegrass" and really like what I see. Any advice on living here as it pertains to noise level (I don't want to live in a party complex), safety, or any general advice? Thank you in advance! Fire Up Chips!

Hello all, I've been following this thread "in the shadows" since my interview here where I was very much impressed with the school. I appreciate all your help and insight on all topics covered throughout the length of this cycle. I was looking for a place to live in Mount Pleasant and came across "The Village at Bluegrass" and really like what I see. Any advice on living here as it pertains to noise level (I don't want to live in a party complex), safety, or any general advice? Thank you in advance! Fire Up Chips!

Hey I was just up in Mt Pleasant looking at apartments a few weeks ago. The Village at Bluegrass wasn't bad, but I'm pretty sure they only have 3 bedroom/4 bedroom leases left, unless something's changed since then. Before I visited each place, I also looked at reviews on google to see if I could get an idea of noise level/general problems with the place. I take stand alone bad reviews with a grain of salt, but when there are consistent bad ratings for the same reason, it weighs heavier.

Reactions: 1 user

I'd just throw a word of caution out there for Bluegrass, there can be some undergrad noise issues in that area (though some of my classmates were fine). I lived in the Woodside apartments (just moved out for my rural clinical rotation), and I know they have some vacancies currently and coming up (nice sized, 2 beds, central air, washer/dryer in unit, separate entrances for each unit). It's always been quiet for me. I've also heard Country Place is quiet.

A good bet for staying away from the undergrad noise would be more north and east of campus, around the high school area, and to stay away from the areas south of campus. That's just a general idea, some of those southern apartments will be fine.

edit addition: I'm a princess when it comes to noise levels, so my noise meter may be more sensitive than most. ;)

I was accepted recently after giving up hope this cycle and misplaced my CMU info documents. Can someone please explain what CARES is? Are these exam weeks and how often are exams?

CARES weeks are essentially the week of an exam. You'll typically have your exam on Monday and then CARES week will follow. It's essentially professional development. All the stuff you need to know as a medical student and future physician that you can't be taught from a textbook. Hope that helps :)

Accepted earlier this week! Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
guys, for the first question, do i go beyond the question and explain how I overcame that situation or do i only describe what the question asks: a time i felt uncomfortable? like what could they possibly learn about me by only knowing a time when i was an outsider but I don't tell them what i learned/how it changed etc

guys, for the first question, do i go beyond the question and explain how I overcame that situation or do i only describe what the question asks: a time i felt uncomfortable? like what could they possibly learn about me by only knowing a time when i was an outsider but I don't tell them what i learned/how it changed etc

I would definitely tell them what you learned from the experience and why it made you feel uncomfortable.

Hey everyone I am having trouble finding housing this late. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Hey everyone I am having trouble finding housing this late. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Woodside apartments, they usually have one or 2 vacancies, I really liked my apartment here. Oakridge Apartments on 1637 broomfield is also nice. Both these tend to be more adult less student, both have washer dryers in unit.

Best of luck to you!

Woodside apartments, they usually have one or 2 vacancies, I really liked my apartment here. Oakridge Apartments on 1637 broomfield is also nice. Both these tend to be more adult less student, both have washer dryers in unit.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you!