2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm past the 30 day review period for my secondary. Should I call them or just continue to wait? 30 days was up 8/29

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

it sure is fun as an MS1 to watch you guys come and interview. good luck to everyone! there is still plenty of time in the cycle to apply.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Stats? And did you get an email saying that your file is under review? Cause I think I'll be on the same boat as you:(
I got the under review email earlier this morning, but I got the rejection very shortly after honestly. I have 3.7 sGPA and 3.73 cGPA. My MCAT is within their average, except one of my sections was below 42% which is the reason I was rejected per the e-mail :/ Don't assume the worst just yet.

I got the under review email earlier this morning, but I got the rejection very shortly after honestly. I have 3.7 sGPA and 3.73 cGPA. My MCAT is within their average, except one of my sections was below 42% which is the reason I was rejected per the e-mail :/ Don't assume the worst just yet.
Thank you, you have an amazing GPA so don't sweat it, you'll get plenty of love from other schools :)

Thank you, you have an amazing GPA so don't sweat it, you'll get plenty of love from other schools :)
Awh thank you! I hope so. Now I'm getting worried doing poorly in a single section is going to ruin me :/ Good luck and try to be patient. Like I said- I got my rejection super quickly after review email so if it's taking some time I'd almost say it's a good sign. Sending you good vibes!

II today! I got the complete email earlier today and a phone call about 30 min ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you been marked complete?

Yeah. I got the complete email on 8/8 and it said allow 3 weeks for a decision on my next status. I thought it was 30 days but just looked and it was actually just 3 weeks, my bad. 3 weeks was 8/29 and I haven't heard anything on my next status.

Yeah. I got the complete email on 8/8 and it said allow 3 weeks for a decision on my next status. I thought it was 30 days but just looked and it was actually just 3 weeks, my bad. 3 weeks was 8/29 and I haven't heard anything on my next status.

Call them

Members don't see this ad :)

Definitely call. I got an II a day after I was complete

Sent an email few days ago because I haven't heard from them.
Got a call today.
Received an II over the phone!!! Woot!!
Scheduled for 10/17.

Be patient. I was complete for 5-6 weeks until I received my II. I'm sure you're fine.

Seems like Friday morning will be the day.... this wait is killing me.

Anyone interviewing on Monday?

Reactions: 1 users

It took me 2 months to get a II

I interviewed last week and I know they said they would get back to us by tomorrow, but is there a chance that the committee didn't meet if they didn't have any interviews this week?

I interviewed last week and I know they said they would get back to us by tomorrow, but is there a chance that the committee didn't meet if they didn't have any interviews this week?
Decisions were made Wednesday the 6th, but the dean was out to town for conference. Heard the meeting with the Dean is scheduled for tomorrow morning, so we will definitely hear tomorrow around this time.

Decisions were made Wednesday the 6th, but the dean was out to town for conference. Heard the meeting with the Dean is scheduled for tomorrow morning, so we will definitely hear tomorrow around this time.
Oh okay thanks!

I'm actually really nervous for tomorrow now

Be patient. I was complete for 5-6 weeks until I received my II. I'm sure you're fine.

I called and got an II same day. I think it's better to call and check after the 3 weeks is up. The admin office was super nice over the phone.

1150: Got the call.... woot woot I AM IN

Congrats! I got an email saying I was accepted!! Yayy
Congrats... Do you have another acceptance/interview? I interviewed at Brody-ECU but don't care at this point coz I have an acceptance already. I will create a fcbk group for the class of 2022. Those who are sold to CUSOM should PM me if interested.

Congrats... Do you have another acceptance/interview? I interviewed at Brody-ECU but don't care at this point coz I have an acceptance already. I will create a fcbk group for the class of 2022. Those who are sold to CUSOM should PM me if interested.
I'm actually OOS and I had an II at West Virginia but I won't hear back from them til October. It's nice to have an acceptance for sure!!

@sb247 Are you happy with the rotations at CUSOM, and do most students get their 1st choice home site?

Congrats to all accepted! This is an awesome school

@sb247 Are you happy with the rotations at CUSOM, and do most students get their 1st choice home site?
rotations are what you make of them, I felt like I got to see a ton of patients and learn a lot about how to deal with them. i felt confident going on auditions.

Odds of first choice site really depends on which site you ask for, pick a popular one and your odds drop significantly. Buying a place or having a SO with a job does not allow you to "skip line" and take priority. Make all your arrangements with the assumption you may have to move for clinical years

Did you feel that you had the opportunity to see patients and perform procedures?

Where did people stay for interview day? I'm in raleigh but thinking of getting a hotel room

Where did people stay for interview day? I'm in raleigh but thinking of getting a hotel room

The Microtel is nice and clean, and it's like 30 seconds down the road. That's where I stayed and I would recommend it!

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for a ride to the school on Monday, let me know. I will have my car.

New to this site. Wondering if I should apply. From the Northeast, gpa 3.68, mcat 505, EMT, and rsch experience. Should I apply? Thank you!

New to this site. Wondering if I should apply. From the Northeast, gpa 3.68, mcat 505, EMT, and rsch experience. Should I apply? Thank you!
Hell yeah... Good luck

It was awesome meeting everyone today. Hope everyone gets good news :)

Really enjoyed interviewing here today. The facilities were amazing and I was really impressed by how organized the school was. I felt like my interviewers knew my file "cover to cover" which was nice.

For those accepted and decided to attend CUSOM next year here is the fcbk group: CUSOM class of 2022

Has anyone been accepted this cycle with a low CARS? I just interviewed and I'm getting paranoid

Has anyone been accepted this cycle with a low CARS? I just interviewed and I'm getting paranoid
Generally, if you get an interview, your scores are high enough to get you in the door, so try not to worry so much :)

Everyone I talked with yesterday seemed to be a really strong applicant so I'm sure you'll be fine!