2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been accepted this cycle with a low CARS? I just interviewed and I'm getting paranoid
You got an interview, so you have passed the screenings. Don't worry about the CARS... You should be fine if and only if your interview went well

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I absolutely loved this school. I wasn't expecting it, but my interviewers really impressed me. My first interviewer was the head of the ER residency at unc hospitals. I mean wow!! I am seriously hoping for a phone call tomorrow!! I have five other interviews but would consider withdrawing apps if I got a spot here.

So I absolutely loved this school. I wasn't expecting it, but my interviewers really impressed me. My first interviewer was the head of the ER residency at unc hospitals. I mean wow!! I am seriously hoping for a phone call tomorrow!! I have five other interviews but would consider withdrawing apps if I got a spot here.
That's awesome to hear! I hope you will get in. I have an interview on October 3rd and I am so nervous about it

Really hoping to get a call today, but its getting late out east.

Reactions: 1 users
Got a letter in the mail saying I received a scholarship! Looks like I'll definitely be attending CUSOM next year!

Reactions: 7 users
For those accepted and decided to attend CUSOM next year here is the fcbk group: CUSOM class of 2022

^^ Oh snap, the Facebook group is making everything all too real. Hopefully I will be getting an acceptance soon!

Anyone interview October 16th? Very excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
Couldn't they call at anytime this week or do they just make those calls Friday?
If I've learned anything this cycle, I've learned to enjoy the crippling anxiety of not knowing my status at a school :)

Reactions: 2 users
Got a letter in the mail saying I received a scholarship! Looks like I'll definitely be attending CUSOM next year!
Congrats Buddy!!! Was this a scholarship that you had applied for or just a random award?

No, they said during the interview that they call on Fridays and meet to decide on Wednesdays
For what its worth: The same thing was said during my interview, but my acceptance call came on Tuesday. Maybe today is your day!!

For what its worth: The same thing was said during my interview, but my acceptance call came on Tuesday. Maybe today is your day!!
Seriously? Well thanks for the anxiety haha!

Reactions: 1 users
My bet is that we will hear tomorrow. We had a lot of people interviewing last week so I think the committee is going to meet one more time to make final decisions on us (tomorrow)!
Probably will be Thursday actually. They have to make decisions all day Wednesday is my guess and won't start calling if it is late in the day.

Wow, that's amazing!! They must really <3 you, congrats!

Thank you! I was pretty surprised.

Congrats Buddy!!! Was this a scholarship that you had applied for or just a random award?

Thanks a lot! They gave me a call asking me to apply and sent an email with a prompt asking for a short essay and it went from there.

ACCEPTED!!!!! Couldn’t be happier :happy:

I wasn't sure about CUSOM at first but their interview day BLEW ME AWAY. I am so honored to receive an acceptance from this school!

I wasn't sure about CUSOM at first but their interview day BLEW ME AWAY. I am so honored to receive an acceptance from this school!
Yeah same, their facility and board scores are very impressive. It is going to be a tough decision

When was your interview date?

Rejection post-interview...surprised as I felt very comfortable in all 3 of my interviews. The sting hurts a little less when I received an acceptance about 10 seconds beforehand! congratulations to everyone who got in today, Campbell seems like a fantastic program!!

Rejection Post Interview, Interviews went well

Congrats guys!!! :) Any words of wisdom? How did you guys feel about the three 1:1 interviews?
Honestly, I'd say be yourself. I know that is what everyone says, but just be honest and wear your heart on your sleeve. One interviewer was from near my home town and we talked sports for half of the interview to be honest. They want to see that you're a person, they know you have the smarts and ability, they want to know YOU outside of that! Good luck!

Congrats guys!!! :) Any words of wisdom? How did you guys feel about the three 1:1 interviews?

2/3 of mine wanted to know how I got to this place of applying. Show them why you deserve a spot.

Accepted today as well.
Interview day blew me away and I'm highly considering attending!