2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well if its any consolation i hope youre right becasue i interviewed mid to late february and it appears that would be next....

No way it’s going by interview date. I interviewed in October and still on the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't send in your primaries till like August or September. For the DO cycle, even early November is still pretty early to submit your app.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I am applying both MD and DO. I need to submit my MD application earlier or else it will be another bad cycle.
My DO application I know I can submit later and be fine, but I want to give myself the best chance possible to gain an acceptance at any medical school in the USA, MD or DO.

Reactions: 1 users
I spoke to admissions recently as well and also had not luck getting information about how many people were on the waitlist. Only info I got was that the waitlist is “extensive”. Seems to me that they really don’t want it public knowledge how many people are on it and how fast they are moving through it. I can’t decide if that’s a sign that they pretty much waitlisted everyone they interviewed and don’t want that known, or if it’s a sign that they are might move through close to the entire waitlist and don’t want that known. Or maybe it means nothing and they just think it’s easier to not give students that informaion

I kept in contact with 5 or 6 of the candidates from my interview date (March). They all got rejected post interview. As far as I know, I am the only one from my interview date that was WL. I checked the ARCOM class of 2022 FB members to see if anyone from my group was there, and so far no one. So I don't think they WL everyone.

I think if they WL you, it means they are actually interested in giving you a seat.

There was someone that said last year they went through the entire WL to fill the class and some rejects too, so I imagine the WL cannot be that big for a class of 150-162 students. Just my 2 cents :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I kept in contact with 5 or 6 of the candidates from my interview date (March). They all got rejected post interview. As far as I know, I am the only one from my interview date that was WL. I checked the ARCOM class of 2022 FB members to see if anyone from my group was there, and so far no one. So I don't think they WL everyone.

I think if they WL you, it means they are actually interested in giving you a seat.

There was someone that said last year they went through the entire WL to fill the class and some rejects too, so I imagine the WL cannot be that big for a class of 150-162 students. Just my 2 cents :)

When did you interview? I’d hope what you’re saying is correct for all our sakes, but I believe they’ve done things differently this year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I totally understand what that reasoning but I feel like we can’t completely compare things to last year because their application opened up way later than all other DO schools since it was the inagural year (kind of like how ICOM didn’t start accepting applications till a couple months ago).

And yeah I heard they did blow through the entire waitlist last year and even had to offer some acceptances to people they rejected... however I’m sure they would be more lenient on who the waitlist/accept his year to prevent that from happening. I pretty sure no medical school wants to accept everyone on their waitlist, I imagine that any school would prefer to have at least a little cushion of students that don’t get accepted off the waitlist. But your insight on how everyone you know from your interview day getting rejected definitely makes it seem like they weren’t throwing out waitlists to everyone, so who knows

Got off the waitlist on Wednesday!!!! See you next month :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I was wondering what type of clothes we should wear for class? I know it should be business casual, but what do you females wear? I'm also a female, but I would like as much input as possible. Thanks! :)

When did you interview? I’d hope what you’re saying is correct for all our sakes, but I believe they’ve done things differently this year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sorry I don't remember the exact date because I had 3 interviews that same month and it was kind of hectic. I just remember it was March and it was the last date they were interviewing candidates.

It's my first time applying, so I am speculating what's going on. But who knows, LOL

For those of you who got pulled off the waitlist recently how kind did you have to respond?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone! I’m not sure which school I’ll end up going with. I’ve got a tough decision to make. Arcom definitely has its perks!

Last edited:
Anyone else receive the stay on the ARCOM waitlist email today??

My LOR writers are getting frustrated too! :laugh: They're like, "will that school give you seat already, you're gonna be a good doc." Well, I'm glad they think so...

So still waiting...:diebanana::whistle:

My LOR writers are getting frustrated too! :laugh: They're like, "will that school give you seat already, you're gonna be a good doc." Well, I'm glad they think so...

I got to bug mine for 4 years, they were happy I was done ;)

i give up my seat today and planning to take a year break on some accomplishments need to do in life. hope someone will get my seat..

I totally understand what that reasoning but I feel like we can’t completely compare things to last year because their application opened up way later than all other DO schools since it was the inagural year (kind of like how ICOM didn’t start accepting applications till a couple months ago).

And yeah I heard they did blow through the entire waitlist last year and even had to offer some acceptances to people they rejected... however I’m sure they would be more lenient on who the waitlist/accept his year to prevent that from happening. I pretty sure no medical school wants to accept everyone on their waitlist, I imagine that any school would prefer to have at least a little cushion of students that don’t get accepted off the waitlist. But your insight on how everyone you know from your interview day getting rejected definitely makes it seem like they weren’t throwing out waitlists to everyone, so who knows

I do believe that opening late their first year caused them to have an application cycle that it seems they weren't 100% happy with. (Lower than anticipated MCAT and fewer Arkansans than they wanted) However, they said at Welcome Day that they had 2,300+ applicants and 700 interviews this cycle so maybe they were able to be more picky and not burn through their wait list to the same degree.

I do believe that opening late their first year caused them to have an application cycle that it seems they weren't 100% happy with. (Lower than anticipated MCAT and fewer Arkansans than they wanted) However, they said at Welcome Day that they had 2,300+ applicants and 700 interviews this cycle so maybe they were able to be more picky and not burn through their wait list to the same degree.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. I just wish they could tell us how many people they started out on the waitlist at the end of their interviews. I don’t understand why they couldn’t make that information public

Hey guys, quick question: For those students who have been accepted and will be attending ARCOM this year, will obtaining titers and providing proof of vaccinations suffice to fulfill the vaccination requirement? If I understand correctly, the only time we would get another vaccination is if the titers show that we no longer have immunity to the disease, correct?

Thank you in advance.

Hey guys, quick question: For those students who have been accepted and will be attending ARCOM this year, will obtaining titers and providing proof of vaccinations suffice to fulfill the vaccination requirement? If I understand correctly, the only time we would get another vaccination is if the titers show that we no longer have immunity to the disease, correct?

Thank you in advance.
Correct. Except for influenza, you just need proof of a seasonal flu shot.

For those who are living at the Residents, when are you guys planning to move? Orientation is not too far away! It all feels so real now! :)

It looks like new student orientation is set for July 30 - August 2, with classes starting on August 3rd. Can any first years
chime in on what occurs during orientation. Curious as to whether there are four full days worth of activities.

Thanks!

What is the link to the student portal? I am trying to access it in order to see the financial section and the link we were sent awhile back is not working. Just wanted to confirm what the link is. Thanks!

What is the link to the student portal? I am trying to access it in order to see the financial section and the link we were sent awhile back is not working. Just wanted to confirm what the link is. Thanks!
I still use the old link we were sent a while back.

It looks like new student orientation is set for July 30 - August 2, with classes starting on August 3rd. Can any first years
chime in on what occurs during orientation. Curious as to whether there are four full days worth of activities.

Thanks!

It took up pretty much every bit of scheduled time

Here’s to another weekend of waiting!

We've waited this long for ARCOM, what's another weekend...LOL

I'm happy I got accepted to a master's program and can get into their med school for 2019. So even if ARCOM doesn't take me off the waitlist, I have my plan B all set. :soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users

I'm happy I got accepted to a master's program and can get into their med school for 2019. So even if ARCOM doesn't take me off the waitlist, I have my plan B all set. :soexcited::soexcited:
Same!!!!!!!

awesome, congrats!!! what program?

awesome, congrats!!! what program?

Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine (GCSOM) Master's in Biomedical Science.

The funny part is I applied to both MD and DO schools for master programs, but only the MD schools worked quickly to offer acceptances. The DO schools still have not gotten back to me, but it's fine because the MD schools had higher criteria for admission. I feel blessed and honored they admitted me. The other school was Case Western (a really good school too).

I have always been torn between MD and DO. My "Dr" personality is more DO. But my stats (GPA, etc) seem to be more MD apparently. All I know is I want to become the best physician I can be one day: MD or DO

A parent on the ARCOM parent’s Facebook page said that their daughter was accepted yesterday, so it looks like the waitlist is still moving...