2017-2018 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Apple_1 thank you so much for your post! Very informative, and I'm looking forward to the interview; I actually know some MS3's over there, so I'm looking forward to it (though I know they'll be uber busy).
You're welcome! :)

Yes, I've learned from friends who have MS3 roommates that they're quite busy! Some have mentioned they may not even meet them until September as they've made arrangements to live elsewhere during rotations. I'm not sure if these compromise away rotations through VSAS or they just did it out of convenience.

Good luck to all of you again! <3

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I added this school last weekend. Still haven't got one. Should I email to get a secondary just in case they forgot me?

II received today! Complete on 8/9!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having trouble logging in to sign up for an interview date? I am using my secondary application login information but I keep getting an error message.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to sign up for an interview date? I am using my secondary application login information but I keep getting an error message.
Me too!!! I just sent an email out to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS ON THE II's!!!

I'm sorry for the spammy post in the school specific threads :( - but I wanted to plug my interview invite tracker! If you haven't seen it, I'm compiling data on the current application cycle to reproduce planeblue's exercise (Planeblue's Interview Invite Tracker) and get some info on GPA/MCAT, IS/OOS, and URM/ORM for those receiving invites. Maybe we can use it to help future applicants build better school lists!

If you'd like to add info on your interview invite to Einstein and any others and haven't already, fill out the Google Form here - 2017/18 MD Interview Invite Tracker

You can find the responses and various summaries in my sig!

If you have already - a tremendous thanks to you!

Also, for those who haven't received an II/Complete Email yet - hang in there! It is still incredibly early and there are plenty more invites/completes coming our way!

I submitted my secondary on July 23rd (my letters weren't received until July 25th) and just got a complete email yesterday. Hope this info helps!

Reactions: 3 users
Can you have the spreadsheet's raw data sort with the most recent II at the top?

Unfortunately, not by default. The way Google Forms links up with Google Sheets, it adds newest entries at the bottom and many times people enter II's they've received in the past.

BUT - I added a filter view to sort my most recent submission and date! From the "Raw Data" tab go to Data>Filter Views>Most Recent

II! I was able to log in fine -- your username is your email address, not your AMCAS ID, just if that's something that was tripping anyone up.

Reactions: 4 users
II today, I was completed Jul 24th; I wish everyone the best!

Reactions: 6 users
I have not received a secondary yet, but I am waiting on MCAT scores. Should I be worried?

Hi! Does anyone know if these are blind interviews (i.e. the faculty member has not seen our application)?

I have not received a secondary yet, but I am waiting on MCAT scores. Should I be worried?

I haven't gotten a secondary either and I added the school on 8/12. (I have my MCAT score & it isn't something that'd be screened out. So maybe something is holding them up on sending out secondaries?)

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't gotten a secondary either and I added the school on 8/12. (I have my MCAT score & it isn't something that'd be screened out. So maybe something is holding them up on sending out secondaries?)

I think their system may be pretty manual - I was verified prior to AMCAS sending primaries to schools on June 30 and received my secondary 2 weeks later. It also took about 3-4 weeks to be marked complete.

I wouldn't worry just yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Glad I checked this thread. I didn't realize the, "you have successfully completed the secondary app" email is not the same as the completion email. I submitted 7/19 and no completion email on my end yet. I'm guessing its because my post-bacc program just now sent a letter of good standing for me.

Glad I checked this thread. I didn't realize the, "you have successfully completed the secondary app" email is not the same as the completion email. I submitted 7/19 and no completion email on my end yet. I'm guessing its because my post-bacc program just now sent a letter of good standing for me.

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it. I submitted my secondary on 7/26 and didn't receive a complete email until 8/18.

I'm guessing its because my post-bacc program just now sent a letter of good standing for me.

Maybe I overlooked it, but do they want letters of good standing from newly started (fall17) grad programs? Or do you need it from programs you're already in?

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it. I submitted my secondary on 7/26 and didn't receive a complete email until 8/18.

Jeez. They must not be evaluating these linearly because I submitted 7/24 and still no email.

Yep, everything was in before I submitted any of my secondaries. *Kanye shrug*

That's weird. I'm sure you'll get the complete email soon! I didn't have my letters in until 8/8.. the admissions process is such a mystery

That's weird. I'm sure you'll get the complete email soon! I didn't have my letters in until 8/8.. the admissions process is such a mystery

Hopefully, thanks! And it really is - so tolling as well, especially the lull between secondaries > II > acceptance/waitlist/rejection. I've never been this attentive to my email in my entire life.

Hopefully, thanks! And it really is - so tolling as well, especially the lull between secondaries > II > acceptance/waitlist/rejection. I've never been this attentive to my email in my entire life.

Me neither. I'm refreshing my email like every half hour (i know i know. bad). I'll need some bifocals after this process is over from staring at my inbox waiting for a new email to show up. Best of luck to you and everyone else in this process! :)

Me neither. I'm refreshing my email like every half hour (i know i know. bad). I'll need some bifocals after this process is over from staring at my inbox waiting for a new email to show up. Best of luck to you and everyone else in this process! :)

Speaking about this must have brought about some luck. Finally got my complete email :) Good luck to you as well!

Secondary submitted 7/28, complete today

Does anyone have tips/insights into the interview at Einstein?

Interview invitation received 8/18 (same day as being rejected from UC Irvine, so that was nice!)

LizzyM ~70.
Secondary received 7/13, submitted 7/18, marked complete shortly after.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys,

For Question #3, [I have taken off at least a year since college graduation
(Please explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates)]

AND

For Question #7, [I have applied to medical school previously
(Please list schools and year of application, and tell us what actions you have taken to improve your application)]

I need to use all 100 words to list out my activities and their dates + schools and can't write my reasons for taking time off + actions I have taken to improve my application. Do you think that's okay?

Anyone else run into this problem? Not sure what to do here either...

Interview invitation received 8/18 (same day as being rejected from UC Irvine, so that was nice!)

LizzyM ~70.
Secondary received 7/13, submitted 7/18, marked complete shortly after.

What did the complete email say? I'm not sure I've been marked even though I submitted 7/13.

Should I be worried that people submitting significantly later are hearing back?

What did the complete email say? I'm not sure I've been marked even though I submitted 7/13.

Should I be worried that people submitting significantly later are hearing back?
Don't worry. They stratify applications based on LizzyM, geography, race, etc

What has the turnaround time been for people on receiving the secondary after submitting primary? added the school about a week ago