2017-2018 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What has the turnaround time been for people on receiving the secondary after submitting primary? added the school about a week ago

I got mine the day after I was verified.

Members don't see this ad.

What has the turnaround time been for people on receiving the secondary after submitting primary? added the school about a week ago
It took me almost two weeks to receive a secondary, and I submitted my primary early August.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a second complete email, a month after my first complete email... I thought it was going to be an II

Reactions: 1 user
I got a second complete email, a month after my first complete email... I thought it was going to be an II

When did you complete your secondary? Secondary completed 7/29 here and still no complete email...:(

Could you PM me what you said for an in the area request? I want to send one, but don't know how to word it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Literally just copy pasted it from some other sdn post. Say something along the lines of hey, I'm in the area and if I'm in the running for an interview it would save me a lot of time money and missed school if we could do it during this week. If you can't, that's cool and I'd still love to be considered for an interview later.

Could you PM me what you said for an in the area request? I want to send one, but don't know how to word it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Let me help:

To whom it may concern,

I have been fortunate in being offered an interview at X College of Medicine [or, insert reason here], of which is near Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Given the cost of traveling from X to New York, and the fact that I am currently enrolled in courses this semester [this was me, might not be you], I would like to respectfully ask if your institution may be inclined to grant me an interview; [insert your in the area date here], so any date during that week would be ideal in such a situation. If you would like confirmation of the aforementioned interview invite [only say this if you received an II, obviously], I will happily oblige. Thank you very much for this opportunity.

Best regards,
@hopefuldoctor93

Let me help:

To whom it may concern,

I have been fortunate in being offered an interview at X College of Medicine [or, insert reason here], of which is near Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Given the cost of traveling from X to New York, and the fact that I am currently enrolled in courses this semester [this was me, might not be you], I would like to respectfully ask if your institution may be inclined to grant me an interview; [insert your in the area date here], so any date during that week would be ideal in such a situation. If you would like confirmation of the aforementioned interview invite [only say this if you received an II, obviously], I will happily oblige. Thank you very much for this opportunity.

Best regards,
@hopefuldoctor93
Strongly suggest not name dropping the other medical school. I'm not saying it would kill your chances, but there's a good chance you could sound arrogant/dickish by doing that.

Strongly suggest not name dropping the other medical school. I'm not saying it would kill your chances, but there's a good chance you could sound arrogant/dickish by doing that.
I don't think so. It's offered as proof, which is why you're in the area in the first place.

Not saying this is what got my interview, but I had that exact same formula sent to Cornell, and received an II about 2-3 days later—so I don't think it was off-putting nor "dickish."

I don't think so. It's offered as proof, which is why you're in the area in the first place.

Not saying this is what got my interview, but I had that exact same formula sent to Cornell, and received an II about 2-3 days later—so I don't think it was off-putting nor "dickish."
Like I said. It could potentially rub some the wrong way. Highly doubt SUNY or Stony or maybe even Einstein would appreciate one saying "I've got an interview at Cornell, so..." Just an opinion; easiest way to get rejected from Med school when otherwise qualified is to be perceived as arrogant.

Members don't see this ad :)

I hate/love living near all of these wonderful NYC schools. Can't use the ITA e-mail to my "advantage." good luck on your interviews!

I hate/love living near all of these wonderful NYC schools. Can't use the ITA e-mail to my "advantage." good luck on your interviews!
"I'm going to be in the area always so please invite me too"

Reactions: 3 users
Like I said. It could potentially rub some the wrong way. Highly doubt SUNY or Stony or maybe even Einstein would appreciate one saying "I've got an interview at Cornell, so..." Just an opinion; easiest way to get rejected from Med school when otherwise qualified is to be perceived as arrogant.
Eh, I still disagree with you. I don't think they're that petty, and the sole purpose of including the information is to provide a reason of which you'd be able to back up if asked. You can assuage claims of arrogance by beginning the email with "I've been extremely fortunate to have been offered an interview at X medical school."

Of course, neither of us can be 100% sure, and, like you said, I'm sure someone could read such an email as arrogance; what I'm saying is that I think such a case is unlikely. But that's just my opinion:)

Eh, I still disagree with you. I don't think they're that petty, and the sole purpose of including the information is to provide a reason of which you'd be able to back up if asked. You can assuage claims of arrogance by beginning the email with "I've been extremely fortunate to have been offered an interview at X medical school."

Of course, neither of us can be 100% sure, and, like you said, I'm sure someone could read such an email as arrogance; what I'm saying is that I think such a case is unlikely. But that's just my opinion:)
Absolutely friend! Hope I didn't rub you the wrong way with my comment. I've just been cautioned about how many physicians-to-be "drop the H bomb" (aka casually mention they're from Harvard) and how off-putting that can be to other physicians. To be quite honest, I think it all depends on the person and the prestige differential between schools on the relative dangerousness of putting the name. You could always offer documentation without citing the name specifically if that makes you comfortable. All that said, congrats on your interviews!

Are there 2 complete emails? I submitted July 13th and have yet to recieve a second complete email. Should I be worried?

Are there 2 complete emails? I submitted July 13th and have yet to recieve a second complete email. Should I be worried?
Yes, they will send a separate complete email. I submitted my secondary on 7/20 and did not receive complete email until 8/14.

How is it proof? They don't know you were invited anywhere. You are just saying you were.

This is definitely fishing.

Hey BU,

I have an interview at Harvard. Could you look at my app?

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes, they will send a separate complete email. I submitted my secondary on 7/20 and did not receive complete email until 8/14.

Are they going out of order for completes then? Do you mind if I ask your ask your stats?

Does anyone know how long being marked complete her typically takes? Submitted August 9-10 and haven't heard anything back.

Does anyone know how long being marked complete her typically takes? Submitted August 9-10 and haven't heard anything back.
Depending on when in the cycle you submitted/ the flow of other apps and other stuff the adcom has going on, it'll take anywhere between 2-5 weeks. You can read previous posts in the thread -- people said when they were complete/submitted secondary.

I'm a little confused. I received an email that said "you have successfully completed the secondary application" the same day I submitted. Is there another email they will send out prior to a decision?

Does anyone know if my major is bio, can both of my LOR be from bio professors?

Or can one of my LOR be from a bio professor, then one from an english professor?

Also is there a maximum amount of additional LOR that is allowed? Or can I submit as many as I want?

Max is 4 and LORs should be different (one from major, one from other science). This is what I was told when I called the admissions office.

Just received an II!!!!!!!!!! So excited. Secondary submitted 7/16, received complete email first week on august.

Reactions: 4 users
II! I got it in response to an in-the-area notice, so if any of you are going to be in NYC for other reasons, it's worth your time to send them a note!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys- I'm a current M2 at Einstein. I'm happy to answer questions about the school/the Bronx/whatever! Just reply to me here or shoot me a DM.

Hey guys- I'm a current M2 at Einstein. I'm happy to answer questions about the school/the Bronx/whatever! Just reply to me here or shoot me a DM.

Could you comment on the general feel of the Bronx? like hipster? Dangerous? tons of college students? Older more working class vibe? Very social or do you go elsewhere in NYC on weekends etc? Could you describe what kind of place the average student lives in?

Sorry for all of the questions, I've been to NYC a few times but never really outside of Manhattan for long periods

I'm really, really regretting not applying here this season. Is it far too late to turn in an application?

EDIT: like, I'm having dreams about applying here. I really feel like I should suck it up and send it out.

I'm really, really regretting not applying here this season. Is it far too late to turn in an application?

EDIT: like, I'm having dreams about applying here. I really feel like I should suck it up and send it out.
I would say, definitely apply then :)

I say it's worth it! The secondary is super simple which is another plus :)

According to the MSAR, they don't make acceptances until February. Doesn't sound too late to me.

Apply! Why not?

Someone told me it was too late (like a week or two ago) - I should have ignored that and applied!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Einstein's secondary application fee is definitely on the more expensive side ($120), but if you have that money to spare... I don't think it's too late to apply. Sure, Labor Day has passed, but your application will still get looked at, and if they like what they see, hopefully, they'll invite your for an interview!

Let me help:

To whom it may concern,

Best regards,
@hopefuldoctor93

Do you think it would be strange to send this to mulptile schools with the expecation that some will not accomodate me. For example I have an interview at stony brook but I haven't heard from Einstein or Mt. Sinai. Would you recommend trying the in the area card for both?

I am CA resident and I work 4-5 days a week, getting to NY is not the simplest or most inexpensive task.

Is there a way to check if your letters of rec got received?

Do you think it would be strange to send this to mulptile schools with the expecation that some will not accomodate me. For example I have an interview at stony brook but I haven't heard from Einstein or Mt. Sinai. Would you recommend trying the in the area card for both?

I am CA resident and I work 4-5 days a week, getting to NY is not the simplest or most inexpensive task.
Yes, I would recommend that.

I submitted a few hours ago! I have not yet received the link to their secondary. I know I cannot SUBMIT The secondary before I get the link, but is it possible to start filling it out? I only ask because I'm in the path of the hurricane and I'd like to work on it before we lose power over the weekend.

I submitted a few hours ago! I have not yet received the link to their secondary. I know I cannot SUBMIT The secondary before I get the link, but is it possible to start filling it out? I only ask because I'm in the path of the hurricane and I'd like to work on it before we lose power over the weekend.
You know, I'm not sure whether or not they give secure/individual links for each applicant...But either way, there isn't too much you'll have to fill out. Like others have said, it is one of the shortest secondaries. If you want, I can PM you a PDF of my app (with some things blurred out obviously) so you can see the questions beforehand!

Thank you! Also, for an email heading or title how does something like "In the Area Interview Request" sound?
That sounds fine to me! Mine was, "In The New York Area, Interview Request," but the impact of such a small thing as the title of your email is negligible (unless it's "B****I'm in the area gimme an interview"), so I wouldn't fret too much.