2017-2018 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!!! Completed July 20th, MCAT 525, 3.68/3.75 s/cGPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II Here also! NY schools are really showing me some love! (completed 7/10)

Reactions: 7 users
If anyone has any questions about what the process was like, I'm happy to answer a few questions. I'm starting this fall and I'm happy to help!
Hi! I just scheduled an interview and I was curious if you had any comments on how the interview went. I can't seem to find much info on the structure of the day etc.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
My app was completed 7/24. Should I be concerned that I didn't get an II?

Alright, good. Thanks! Just seeing all of these people getting interviews at different schools I applied to and, as a re-applicant, this is all getting a bit overwhelming. Thanks again!!

Reactions: 1 users
II with the rest of the 2 o'clock crew! complete 7/19

Reactions: 3 users
I got put on Academic Probation during my Freshman year, does that count as "I have been subject to a disciplinary action and/or an administrative action, expunged or not, while in school"?

If anyone has any questions about what the process was like, I'm happy to answer a few questions. I'm starting this fall and I'm happy to help!

Hi! I just scheduled an interview and I was curious if you had any comments on how the interview went. I can't seem to find much info on the structure of the day etc.

Thanks!
I second @premedST! Any particular tips for the interview?

II Here also! NY schools are really showing me some love! (completed 7/10)
I see you're on every page getting interviews, Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Do they send complete emails? If not, where can I check the status of my LORs and whether or not I'm complete?
They did send out complete email. I submitted on 7/16, and got the complete email on 7/27.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!
II today! Compete 8/1, LM ~75

II here. Complete 7/20

Question to all: I submitted 3 weeks ago but haven't been marked complete. Sent an email to the office yesterday and haven't gotten a response yet. I've read some mixed reviews re: calling the office. Any one have experience calling to check to see if all required materials are in?

Congrats!

Question to all: I submitted 3 weeks ago but haven't been marked complete. Sent an email to the office yesterday and haven't gotten a response yet. I've read some mixed reviews re: calling the office. Any one have experience calling to check to see if all required materials are in?

Hm. I did get marked complete, but about 9 days after I had my last letter in. Your call.

Keeping up with all of these apps is insane. Just realizing that I submitted on 7/24 and don't have a complete email yet.

I submitted on 7/16 and wasn't marked complete until 8/8. I also submitted apps to other schools that day but was marked complete within hours. Einstein seems to take a while to mark apps complete

Has anyone received a confirmation email after scheduling the interview?

II today! Compete 8/1, LM ~75
Congrats!

I submitted on 7/17 and was complete 8/1 so it definitely took a while, but it seems like there isn't much of a pattern with AECOM so far for submission and completion dates. I would give it until early next week before you call; it might just take a bit for them to get to your email.

Question: is the email message "You have successfully completed the Secondary Application" the same thing as the completion email? Just wondering because I received it only hours after I submitted my secondary (on the 28th) and didn't think it would be the official 'completion' message.

Question: is the email message "You have successfully completed the Secondary Application" the same thing as the completion email? Just wondering because I received it only hours after I submitted my secondary (on the 28th) and didn't think it would be the official 'completion' message.
No, mine was titled EINSTEIN - COMPLETED APPLICATION

well looks like i haven't marked complete after 2 weeks, in case any one else is anxious :p
yo same here, AND I just realized it. I thought the "you have completed your app" message was saying I was COMPLETE but I guess not. My buddy just got one and he submitted his app mid july with me. Honestly, I think it may be them checking recs and what not. Did u have any particular recs sent in late or anything cuz my Pre-Health committee like updated letters Im pretty sure. LMK if this was the issue cuz im getting worried ahaha

yo same here, AND I just realized it. I thought the "you have completed your app" message was saying I was COMPLETE but I guess not. My buddy just got one and he submitted his app mid july with me. Honestly, I think it may be them checking recs and what not. Did u have any particular recs sent in late or anything cuz my Pre-Health committee like updated letters Im pretty sure. LMK if this was the issue cuz im getting worried ahaha

I actually had all my letters received by AMCAS by the first week of July (my pre-health committee was also the last one sent in) so I think it's all the other administrative work involved in matching the secondary fee with the primary! It'll take a while since they will probably have 8000+ applications like they did last year

Keeping up with all of these apps is insane. Just realizing that I submitted on 7/24 and don't have a complete email yet.
I submitted 7/20 and haven't received a complete either

I submitted 7/20 and haven't received a complete either
when do you recon we should give a call. I know Einstein has so many apps so they prefer we don't but I also want to make sure it's not something big, ya know?

when do you recon we should give a call. I know Einstein has so many apps so they prefer we don't but I also want to make sure it's not something big, ya know?
Yeah, I feel you. I just emailed my pre-med advisor about it. I'll let you know what she says

Is it a good idea to schedule the "special interest meeting" with a PI just to say hi? I did research at Albert Einstein during one of my summers in undergrad and the PI I did research with is one of the professors I can schedule the special interest meeting with.

Surprised that 5/7 IIs on the tracker have been to in-state students since AECOM is private. Any idea why this is?

Anyone else having issues logging into the interview scheduler?

btw II today, 8/11; submitted secondary 7/12

Reactions: 3 users
Does it also prompt a box to discuss about the YES answer to the question:
I have fulfilled all of the competencies No Yes

If so, how did you guys go about answering it?

Last edited:
I second @premedST! Any particular tips for the interview?

Hi! I'm sorry I haven't been on SDN for a while--so many things to do these past few weeks!

First off, congrats on all you guys getting inteviews! You should be proud of yourselves for working so hard. For those of you still waiting to hear back, good luck to you! I hope you get some Einstein love. I'm sure you're all working hard so keep your heads up! Have faith and be confident in yourselves! <3

Interview Day:
Einstein holds traditional format interviews and which were very low-key in my experience. They don't want to trick you or make you anxious, they just want to know what you're all about, and if you can see yourself here and why. I was basically having a regular conversation about myself during the interview, and he was genuinely interested in my life story. I know it must sound silly, but I could just tell he was great with his patients from just a 1/2 hour conversation with him. Of course, n=1 and I don't know if other students had the same experience. What I've just described was the case across the schools that I interviewed at, so maybe I was just lucky.

The day started out with me heading to the admin's office; I think I got there around 9:45AM or so. They invited us to have coffee, tea, and snacks. (Edit: Someone actually brought their DS to interview day. I'm not sure I'd recommend it, but he and a bunch of others were having a blast and were getting along, so I thought that was neat.) I chatted with other interviewees, and then I headed out to meet my interviewer! Some students are lucky to have been able stay in Belfer (brown building where admin office is) for their interview; others, like myself, have to walk to a hospital building to head over to the interviewer's office is. But, at the same time, you get a glimpse of what the campus is like, so that was neat. In the afternoon, we ate lunch, got to tour the rooms and the facilities on campus. All the first and second years were really friendly and welcoming. What sold the school for me was the obvious support there was for the students (within the class and within the administration). I was actually stuck b/w Einstein and NJMS at the end, and decided I wanted to be here for a few different reasons despite my love for NJMS (closer to home, children's hospital--really considering peds, lots of family in the surrounding area).

For those of you asking if secondary e-mail = completed e-mail, no, they are not the same. I just check my past e-mails haha. FYI, I got my completed e-mail two months after, so don't sweat it. Secondary was in 8/2 & got the completed e-mail in October of last year. Take advantage of the time you have now to enjoy yourself, your classes, and if you must, prepare for interviews. One of the BEST two resources I used was, "The Medical School Interview" and "MMI Strategies" (of course, the latter is NOT for use at Einstein. No MMIs here, at least it wasn't the case for my cycle). Just giving some general tips.

Tips for the interview: Dress professionally/act professionally and friendly with all staff and students you interact with. And just be yourself! You'll be less anxious if you know you are doing this because you want to and this is your goal. You don't need to feel stiff and robotic--you're all in the same boat so enjoy the ride together.

Reactions: 8 users
@Apple_1 thank you so much for your post! Very informative, and I'm looking forward to the interview; I actually know some MS3's over there, so I'm looking forward to it (though I know they'll be uber busy).

Yeah, I feel you. I just emailed my pre-med advisor about it. I'll let you know what she says

I emailed admissions and they stated that they are marking applications as complete in the order in which they are submitted, and that they haven't gotten to my submission date yet (July 24).

I emailed admissions and they stated that they are marking applications as complete in the order in which they are submitted, and that they haven't gotten to my submission date yet (July 24).

Thanks for calling! I submitted the 20th an haven't been marked yet :/. They prolly got a deluge in the middle of July, so here's to hoping for completion soon!

Yeah, same here .... still waiting.... let me know when you get it!!
Thanks for calling! I submitted the 20th an haven't been marked yet :/. They prolly got a deluge in the middle of July, so here's to hoping for completion soon!

Did anyone else take a while to get complete here? I submitted my secondary and had everything in on 7/20 and just got a complete email yesterday (8/14)

Did anyone else take a while to get complete here? I submitted my secondary and had everything in on 7/20 and just got a complete email yesterday (8/14)

Read the 3 posts prior to yours