2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected. Congrats to everyone else, best of luck moving forward!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Rush is receptive to Post-Interview updates (i.e. Letters of Interest/Intent). Or is sending one this early in the national application cycle not taken seriously?

Thanks everyone!

How is the 10 min interview?
Well, the first four minutes were pretty slow, but that meant that for the rest of the interview, I was running through the 6 with my woes.

(just kidding, poking fun at your username :laugh:)

In all seriousness, it was super conversational. It felt a little crunched for time, but I had a really positive experience (and was just recently accepted!)

OVO 4 life, bro.

Reactions: 5 users
Well, the first four minutes were pretty slow, but that meant that for the rest of the interview, I was running through the 6 with my woes.

In all seriousness, it was super conversational. It felt a little crunched for time, but I had a really positive experience (and was just recently accepted!)

OVO 4 life, bro.

People like you make SDN fun haha.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user

OVO 4 life, bro.

My friend said that he got grilled and the interviewer didn't even smile or give a response to his answers...he said question after question for him...I hope mine is conversational lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend said that he got grilled and the interviewer didn't even smile or give a response to his answers...he said question after question for him...I hope mine is conversational lol..

My ten min was super fun and relaxed and consisted mainly of questions like "why medicine" and "why a doctor and not a nurse, PA, etc.", but my 40 min one was filled with questions about healthcare policies and the ACA (not in a bad way necessarily, it was a stimulating conversation but not what I had expected). So just be prepared for anything, it really all depends on who your interviewers are!

Accepted here on 10/17! First acceptance, this is so amazing!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted this morning for interview on 10/05! Really excited about the school too

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can people who have been accepted post Lizzy m? Thanks!

So I've applied broadly and thankfully already have acceptances to Jefferson and Wayne State. However, I recently went to Chicago and thought Rush looked amazing. You think it's too late to apply there now just for the heck of it?

So I've applied broadly and thankfully already have acceptances to Jefferson and Wayne State. However, I recently went to Chicago and thought Rush looked amazing. You think it's too late to apply there now just for the heck of it?
I think it's pretty late in the game. But if you have the $$ to spend, then go for it. Worst thing that happens is they reject you.

When does Rush do committee meetings? Do we know when decisions are typically made?

Yeah I remember them saying that. Someone posted on Friday with acceptance from a 10/6 interview so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I might hear by the end of this week for my 10/12 interview!

Did anyone else interview with Jill? I had my 10 min interview with her and I felt that I got grilled...she didn't seem to like me...

This school seems like a perfect fit, I'm really hoping they give me the chance to show that

Good luck to everyone! I choke up every time I see your acceptances! (Out of joy, not self-loathing)

This school seems like a perfect fit, I'm really hoping they give me the chance to show that

Good luck to everyone! I choke up every time I see your acceptances! (Out of joy, not self-loathing)
That's sweet of you , Good Luck to you too and I am sure you will have an acceptance soon !

anyone waitlisted last cycle get an interview invitation? they said they would guarantee ones for previously waitlisted applicants

Withdrew my interview here (such a great school but I can't afford any more travel), hoping it goes to one of you! :woot:

Gotcha! I interviewed 10/12, hoping to hear this Friday but not sure!!

Yeah I was looking at my calendar a week to far...I have one of those weekly ones not monthly ones...

Good luck! Their post interview acceptance rate is like 65 percent so get ready to move to Chicago!

Gotcha! I interviewed 10/12, hoping to hear this Friday but not sure!!

Wait...I though you hear back in 2 and a half weeks...did you not hear back last Friday?

I didn't. At our interview date they said they do their very best to get back to us in 3-4 weeks.

They said 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 weeks for us...dang it I hope that we don't have to wait any longer

Accepted just now! Interviewed 10/12. Thrilled!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Woah... Interview Invite! Was not expecting this at all lol. Do you guys think it's worth the travel/expenses? I'm just starting to save back up after several other interviews and I am really fortunate to have gotten an acceptance at my first choice medical school: my state school at the University of Maryland. But I would love to visit Chicago and one of the doctors who I really admire does research at Rush and I'd love to meet him if possible

Woah... Interview Invite! Was not expecting this at all lol. Do you guys think it's worth the travel/expenses? I'm just starting to save back up after several other interviews and I am really fortunate to have gotten an acceptance at my first choice medical school: my state school at the University of Maryland. But I would love to visit Chicago and one of the doctors who I really admire does research at Rush and I'd love to meet him if possible

If you think you would like it and attend, go. If you know for a fact you wouldn't pick it over your state school, then save the money.

I was very impressed and as of now, plan to attend.

Yay interview invite, submitted my secondary on 10/18

Can't share stats at the moment, sorry

Last edited: