2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything this week?

Members don't see this ad.

Is this true P/F? Are there internal rankings? Can any current students comment?

I just graduated from Rush. The preclinical years are F/P/H with only about 10% of the class getting honors. M3 and M4 year are Fail/Pass/High Pass/Honors. You are ranked against your peers based on quartile (top 25%, top 50%... etc.). You never find out your exact rank. Feel free to message me if you guys have any other questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not true any more. They specifically said they are going to be P/F preclinical with the new curriculum.

Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything back yet?

Kinda random, but I don't think Rush has a high WL movement.

They usually do have more waitlist movement. This year they've just had a higher yield. I talked to Jill last week and she said that they are just above class size currently but waiting on some people who've gotten off waitlists at other schools to make decisions and get back to them.

Emailed earlier this week. Was told there has been no movement off of the waitlist but that they expect movement in next couple of weeks. This did not come from Jill though.

Jill sent out an update letter today regarding the waitlist. It states that they have a matriculating class larger than the intended limit of 136 at the moment. They will only pull people off the waitlist if the class size drops below 136. They also encourage everyone to reapply as the 2017-2018 application cycle opens today.

Essentially, it seems as if the they are hinting that waitlist movement will be extremely minimal this year. Grim news for us waitlisters but important news to be informed about nonetheless. Hopefully at least some of us get the call from her this summer.

deleted

Last edited:
Nope. I feel like they would've sent an email if they had started accepting off the waitlist. Last I talked to Jill about a month ago it was not looking good.