2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Doesn't sound like a hold. Wonder if I should be worried about not getting it.

I'm worried about receiving it haha. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens? Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an "Application Status Update" email from Rush basically saying that the committee is still reviewing applications/deciding who to invite to interview/etc. Did they send this to everyone or does it mean I'm on hold or something?
Don't think this is a hold, more of a courtesy email.
Edit: included incorrect app status (confused with another school)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did not receive email, complete 7/12 and no interview yet, but fingers crossed! Love Rush and would love an II :love:

I received the email.... Complete sometime in July

Don't think this is a hold, more of a courtesy email.
Edit: included incorrect app status (confused with another school)

clearly my overanalysis isn't going to help or answer, but if it were a courtesy email I think it would be sent to everyone. That's my main hesitation

Reactions: 1 user
Just got email (thought it was a rejection) complete 7/27

Got it too... thought it was a rejection at first. I read it as "we like you, but not enough for now, so just hang on and maybe we'll talk later.."

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got it recently. Thought I was getting an interview :/

I received the "Application Status" email last week and just received a II this morning... Open dates are first three Wednesdays in November.

I received the "Application Status" email last week and just received a II this morning... Open dates are first three Wednesdays in November.

Congrats!! When were you complete?

Secondaries: 13 II: 3 LizzyM: ~67

Congratulations!! Sounds like the email was just a courtesy... Do you mind letting us know when you were complete?

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! What were your stats and complete date?

Rush is like my top choice due to their mission lol

... and Thank you so much for the congratulations!

Does Rush accept application updates?

So we probably get decisions back on Monday. I'm flipping out. This is my top school and I loved it so much on interview day, but I'm trying not to completely get my hopes up because nothing's guaranteed even if an interview goes well.........

So we probably get decisions back on Monday. I'm flipping out. This is my top school and I loved it so much on interview day, but I'm trying not to completely get my hopes up because nothing's guaranteed even if an interview goes well.........
SAME! Fingers crossed for us both!
Also, do you know if Rush outright rejects after interviews or do those who aren't accepted automatically go onto the waitlist since the acceptance rate post-interview is so high? Trying to prepare myself for the possibilities but I would be really shocked if any of us who interviewed so early are rejected.

SAME! Fingers crossed for us both!
Also, do you know if Rush outright rejects after interviews or do those who aren't accepted automatically go onto the waitlist since the acceptance rate post-interview is so high? Trying to prepare myself for the possibilities but I would be really shocked if any of us who interviewed so early are rejected.
Right, I feel like acceptance or waitlist would be most likely, but again, anything's possible.

Congrats! But it's not 10/15. You are either the luckiest person on SDN or they made a glitch and sent you your acceptance early! Regardless, I imagine you're gonna be a MD!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It was just a tab on my application that said "Admission Offer." Check your portals!!!!!!!

ACCEPTED!! AHHH!! CRYING AT WORK HAHAHAH

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!! So pumped :)

Edit: interviewed early September if anyone was curious

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
:sendoff: PRE OCT 17 VIOLATION

but in other news, congrats all!!

Also interviewed early September. Wow I'm going to be a doctor!!!!!!!!!! Congrats everyone!!!

Reactions: 4 users
You guys are giving me a heart attack haha, I interviewed Mid-September but my portal doesn't show anything yet. Aghhh. Fingers crossed for Monday morning!

Dr. GrumpyGus please report to County, you've been summoned. :soexcited:

Now I'm pissed that I scheduled this interview so late haha

Can someone who has interviewed tell me if the 10-min, 40-min, or both interviews are open or closed file? Is the 10-min interview somewhat of a behavioral interview?

Both open file. The 10 minute seems to vary from interviewer to interviewer. Mine was just a conversation about myself and my experiences, without any real interview questions asked. However, another interviewee in my group said their 10 minute was just rapid fire questions, not behavioral though.

Both of my interviews were very low stress.

Is it just me or does the # of acceptance updates on SDN is a little low given the three interview dates eligible to hear back?

I was also 9/14!

Have you received an e-mail from Rush yet, or has all the information been coming via the application website? I was hoping they would be sent out first-thing in the morning, but it seems like they take their time according to last year's thread (3pm I think?). Thanks!

Interview is this Wednesday, flying in tomorrow afternoon, hotel is pretty close to Rush. Any interviewees interested in grabbing something to eat/drink tomorrow night?

Interview is this Wednesday, flying in tomorrow afternoon, hotel is pretty close to Rush. Any interviewees interested in grabbing something to eat/drink tomorrow night?

I'm interviewing this Wednesday too! I'm interested in checking out the area afterwards.