2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Very surprising and delightful news. Wasn't put on hold, fwiw. Application complete 7/27/16
Congrats, what dates were available?

Members don't see this ad.

II! Complete and on hold since July.

Dates available are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday for the rest of March.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! Complete and on hold since July.

Dates available are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday for the rest of March.
Congrats. Are you going to withdraw the interview? As I saw your acceptance at Drexel.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my application here after being put on hold in August; hope one of you gets my spot!

Last edited:
Just got an II here. complete August. Not sure if I should take it, because I've already gotten into my state school. thoughts?

7 dates available.

Just got an II here. complete August. Not sure if I should take it, because I've already gotten into my state school. thoughts?

7 dates available.
I interviewed there recently and like it. They have a really cool simulation lab, the anatomy lab is clean, well-ventilated and has a lot of natural light. Students there seemed really down to earth. But it is on the more expensive side. Student housing is nice and decently priced, but if you were to live off campus (e.g. with a SO, or family) it is more expensive so that's something to consider. You will also need a car. PM me if you want to know more :)

Just received an II! Complete since August, put on hold back at the end of October. Sent in an update ~2months ago. This is my first MMI interview. Any advice?

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an II! Complete since August, put on hold back at the end of October. Sent in an update ~2months ago. This is my first MMI interview. Any advice?
I liked this book:

EDIT: Multiple Mini Interview for the Mind by Kevyn To

Amazon product

Last edited:

Course grinder on YouTube has good practice for MMI. He helps with all the possible types of scenarios you may be given.

Congrats on the interviews everyone...they do interview until the end of April, I forget who asked. Waitlist movement starts usually on traffic day which is I think 5/1 this year. Anyone with questions about the school feel free to ask or send me a PM!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! LM 64, have been complete since start of september.

Also II this morning! Complete since mid August, never put on hold. Likely going to decline it -- best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Declined my II just now. Was thankful for the opportunity but ultimately don't want to pay 2x my state school tuition. Good luck to you all. I hope one of you that has yet to receive any IIs gets it!

II earlier today, placed on hold end of Feb so definitely wasn't expecting that.

Reactions: 3 users
II earlier today, placed on hold end of Feb so definitely wasn't expecting that.
giphy.gif
congrats!

Reactions: 3 users
If I am interviewing here at the end of March is it basically just interviewing for a spot on the wait-list?

Anyone that was accepted.

Have you received any kind of confirmation after mailing in your signed acceptance agreement? I mailed it back the day after I received it but I haven't heard anything via email or post since

Have you received any kind of confirmation after mailing in your signed acceptance agreement? I mailed it back the day after I received it but I haven't heard anything via email or post since

I mailed it that day as well and have not received any confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

so what's going to happen with the interview scheduled for next Tuesday 3/14? I feel like nature totally forgot to winter and decided to squeeze in a nice snowstorm right before the beginning of Spring :eek:

I haven't received confirmation either

Nope, I don't think they send confirmation! I had sent in my agreement in late december and decided to call them a few weeks ago (due to my premed paranoia) to confirm they had received it, and they said yes :) but yeah I never got any confirmation by email

II today, complete Sept 15. Spots available up to 3/30

Got an email today asking for my unofficial transcript for Fall 2016 (although I had sent them an update on Dec 31st... didn't get a confirmation on that though). Then checked the portal and saw I'm on hold :(

Anyone on hold send in updates and get an interview? Do you think it would help in this case? I've been on hold since 11/09/16 and I really wanted the chance to interview

Anyone get the email about second look day? Excited to visit this school again!

Got an email today asking for my unofficial transcript for Fall 2016 (although I had sent them an update on Dec 31st... didn't get a confirmation on that though). Then checked the portal and saw I'm on hold :(

I received a similar email request a few days before they extended me an II. So hopefully they are asking you for the transcripts because they are interested in doing the same for you!! (I don't believe I was ever on hold, but then again I did not check my portal frequently).

I'm still waiting for mine.

Emails will start about health forms and all that soon enough, but if you're concerned send them an email.

How do you withdraw off the waitlist here ?

Send an email to MDADMIT@nymc with your amcas ID stating you want to withdraw from consideration. Good on you for letting your spot go to someone else!

Anyone interviewing next week, coming from OOS, and would also like to take a taxi to JFK airport, please PM me.
Feel free to also suggest cheap options to go to the airport after the interview in ~ 1 hr. Thanks!

To anyone interviewing on Tuesday, March 14, 2017...interviews have been cancelled due to the big snow storm we're supposed to be getting over the next few days. They have instructions on what to do to reschedule, but I hope everyone is able to reschedule and get airfare refunds etc!

Does anyone know how to send updates here?

I just sent it to the general admissions email. The link should be in your portal.

Anyone on hold send in updates and get an interview? Do you think it would help in this case? I've been on hold since 11/09/16 and I really wanted the chance to interview
I did! I was placed on hold on 10/30 and sent an update in December.

Have been on hold for as long as I can remember, II earlier this afternoon!

I wonder what the diff is when people are on hold and get II vs those who were never on hold and still silence. I've been complete since July with silence still! It seems like being placed on hold for this school is good news.

I wonder what the diff is when people are on hold and get II vs those who were never on hold and still silence. I've been complete since July with silence still! It seems like being placed on hold for this school is good news.

lol I've been on hold since July and still nothing so I'm not so sure

Does NYMC accept letter of interest/updates? If so, what method? Thanks in advance.

Is anyone interviewing on Thursday Mar. 16 that would like to share an uber/cab to LGA after the interview day is over?

I suppose those of us who interviewed in February will hear back in the coming days? Hope everyone here gets good news. :)