2016-2017 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I work for the University, we just received an update that the University will be closed until Saturday afternoon due to hurricane Matthew. Make necessary adjustments and contact admissions office to reschedule if you have an interview this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Status Change: Admissions Committee Review Completed :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got my II today and they only gave me the options to either interview this Friday or next Monday. Did anybody else get such short notice? I literally am not able to interview for any later date and I'm from OOS so I have to buy plan tickets and arrange for lodging

So I got my II today and they only gave me the options to either interview this Friday or next Monday. Did anybody else get such short notice? I literally am not able to interview for any later date and I'm from OOS so I have to buy plan tickets and arrange for lodging
I'll gladly take that option if I got an II from FIU.

I'll gladly take that option if I got an II from FIU.

Lol sorry I don't mean to come off like I am complaining. I am extremely grateful and I do plan to enjoy my visit to the school. I was just wondering if it was abnormal to have similar short notice for an interview with them. I work full time and have a weird work schedule so it's a little hard to schedule OOS interviews. But, again, I am extremely grateful.

Btw congrats on your acceptance! That's one more than I have at the moment.

Last edited:
So my status here is still "secondary application complete" and it's been that way since 7/14. Should I call the school or wait longer?

Reactions: 3 users
So my status here is still "secondary application complete" and it's been that way since 7/14. Should I call the school or wait longer?
Mine says that too since 7/1, I would just wait. Some people got interviews right from that status, so maybe they just don't update them all the time

Reactions: 1 users
Status Change: Admissions Committee Review Completed :eek:

Mine says that too since 7/1, I would just wait. Some people got interviews right from that status, so maybe they just don't update them all the time

People, do NOT try to pick out more from these statuses than is already there. You can't do anything at this point to make your application magically shoot to the top of the pile so just sit tight and let it be. Try to enjoy the time before school starts as best as you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fully aware they will likely not be giving any decisions until Monday but I cannot stop freaking out about the tiniest possibility they may still do it today:( Someone calm me down please

Thank you:rolleyes: I'd apologize for being a spaz but I know most of you are just as neurotic. We must stick together
Haha yeah you're fine! I am neurotic about this school myself because I am listed as "Secondary application completed" since 6/28...

Haha yeah you're fine! I am neurotic about this school myself because I am listed as "Secondary application completed" since 6/28...
Same for me for 74% of my other schools:yeahright:

(I suggest killing time by figuring out the exact percent of schools you haven't heard from. Disclaimer: may result in more panic.)

Anyone interviewing this Monday? I'll be doing one of your tours.

Anyone interviewing this Monday? I'll be doing one of your tours.
I am! I got here yesterday morning and I seriously love Miami so far/could definitely see myself here if given the opportunity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

I am! I got here yesterday morning and I seriously love Miami so far/could definitely see myself here if given the opportunity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

woops, change of plans. M1s have a mandatory meeting after our anatomy midterm today so I won't be giving the tour. Good luck.

OMG!!! ACCEPTED via phone call just now!!!!! :D :D :D

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call! Accepted!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Just got a call from FIU and when I picked up they hung up:):):):):):):):):):) this is too much for me

EDIT: ACCEPTED!!!!!!! IM GONNA BE A DOCTOR GUYS

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
To everyone being accepted, what dates did you all interview? Congrats to everyone! So exciting :)

Oh wow doctorbob we went to the same undergrad :)

I interviewed 9/12

congrats on acceptances!!! @osckey ive been complete since july and still stuck on secondary application complete. my lizzy m is 67.5 should i be worried yet? fiu is my #1 choice since i live 15 minutes away :(

ACCEPTED! Got the call yesterday. :banana:

Reactions: 4 users
for all of those accepted: congrats!! do you mind sharing your stats please?

congrats on acceptances!!! @osckey ive been complete since july and still stuck on secondary application complete. my lizzy m is 67.5 should i be worried yet? fiu is my #1 choice since i live 15 minutes away :(
Not having an invite by November? Yeah, probably worry a little bit. Don't worry. Happened to me last year.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted already!
I interview on Monday. I'm very excited but very nervous

my thoughts exactly lol^

Too early to worry. You should only start worrying about a new cycle in the new year. Even then, I interviewed at FIU in February (I think).

Just got the preliminary review completed status yesterday. Hoping an II will come soon. Submitted 8/2 IS.

Edit: Got the call today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users