2016-2017 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted - 7/12
Preliminary Review Complete - 8/9

One of my top 2 choices. Praying for an II soon. Good luck to everyone else.
Same here! I would love to attend.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my app 7/3 and I am still on the "secondary complete" status :/ and I'm IS

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my app 7/3 and I am still on the "secondary complete" status :/ and I'm IS

im IS and submitted towards the end of july i hope statuses change soon :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm IS, submitted very early July and still "Secondary Complete" status, is that normal?

I'm pretty sure the order in which they review apps is based on metrics (GPA and MCAT), though interviews and acceptances are of course holistic. That's what FAU says if you read their FAQ, and I'm pretty sure FIU also does the same. Most people in last years thread didn't start hearing back until September probably.

Reactions: 1 user
Just received a II this morning!

IS, LizzyM 77, and I was complete 8/10.

Preliminary review complete 7/27/16. Undergrad, show me some love :(

I wonder why my "preliminary review" has not been completed". Have been submitted since 6/28.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my app on 8/11/16 and got the Prelim review completed 3 days after. After reading some of the comments here, I'm guessing that is a good sign?

I submitted my app on 8/11/16 and got the Prelim review completed 3 days after. After reading some of the comments here, I'm guessing that is a good sign?

Better than my "secondary application completed" status which I've had since I submitted ~July 20th.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got my Undergrad at FIU so that might have something to do with the quick prelim review.

I got my Undergrad at FIU so that might have something to do with the quick prelim review.
I got prelim review back in early August. I think it might just be an algorithm or something.

How long do they take to provide you with complete email? Submiited last Monday and have not received any confirmation of secondary.

I'll be there next monday! My first interview of the season so i will let you all know how it goes. Based on previous feedback it seems to be pretry casual.
I'll be there Monday, too. First interview as well. Was hoping for some feedback but it looks like we might be the pioneers:cool: Good luck to you!

I submitted my secondary on 7/24 and status is still "secondary submitted". Has anyone submitted around the same time has a status change yet?

Interviewees...First off, congrats!
Second, any feedback?

OOS submitted 7/30 same thing

Secondary submitted or secondary completed? Mine says secondary completed from the day I submitted my secondary but I have never received any email confirmation.

Secondary submitted or secondary completed? Mine says secondary completed from the day I submitted my secondary but I have never received any email confirmation.

Mine says secondary completed, and when I contacted them about it they said that means it's complete and will be reviewed shortly.

Mine says secondary completed, and when I contacted them about it they said that means it's complete and will be reviewed shortly.

How short is shortly lol

"Secondary completed" since early July

My status has been "Preliminary review completed" since 8/21.
Is this another way of saying Ive been waitlisted already?

At least they reviewed your application. I'm just sitting here waiting for a status change. When did you completed your secondary?

At least they reviewed your application. I'm just sitting here waiting for a status change. When did you completed your secondary?

I would say youre in better shape it just means they haven't gotten to you yet. They reviewed me but have not felt moved enough to offer me an invite. Maybe Im overthinking it lol
Complete 7/12

I would say youre in better shape it just means they haven't gotten to you yet. They reviewed me but have not felt moved enough to offer me an invite. Maybe Im overthinking it lol
Complete 7/12
Lol you are definitely overthinking it. For me I feel like my stats are not good enough so they're not reviewing my application yet so at least your stats are better than mine to pass the computer screening. And I completed my secondary like two weeks after you did.

Lol you are definitely overthinking it. For me I feel like my stats are not good enough so they're not reviewing my application yet so at least your stats are better than mine to pass the computer screening. And I completed my secondary like two weeks after you did.

My stats are pretty damn low too GPA wise. I did attend FIU for undergrad which could mean why they reviewed me a little sooner than others. If you completed two weeks later though you're pretty much on the same track.

What was your status before review completed?

Reactions: 2 users
Just relax guys. You'll get news when you get news. It took me a while to hear back as well.
+1 the above.

The honest truth is that those with Lizzy M's of 70+ are going to get the very first interviews and acceptances. Wait until after Thanksgiving to start freaking out.

Reactions: 2 users
I got my II in February. Everything turned out fine in the end. Enjoy your time now as much as you can before school starts.

I got my II in February. Everything turned out fine in the end. Enjoy your time now as much as you can before school starts.

Would you mind sharing your stats? (Or PM me).

Thanks in advanced.

Would you mind sharing your stats? (Or PM me).

Thanks in advanced.

Kind of non-trad. Failed first year college (both semesters). Restarted my first year and did well at a CC. Graduated CC with 3.3 and moved on to FIU to finish Bachelors with 3.5 overall. 33 (~512 for new scoring I think) MCAT, published research, tons of clinical experience, tons of volunteering.

AAMCAS gpa with first year averaged into my stats was around 3.1. Wasn't easy but I made my case and here I am sitting in epidemiology as an M1 posting on SDN.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! Looking forward to meeting you guys:)