2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now! I'm excited!!! LM= 73

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II received! LizzyM = 71, complete 7/25

Anyone else with interviews, are you having trouble logging in to the scheduling page?

II received as well! I was able to use the scheduling page, they offer several different interview dates/times, but it looks like they only interview 2 students at a time for each interview slot (when I reserved mine the slot disappeared)

Members don't see this ad :)
II received as well! I was able to use the scheduling page, they offer several different interview dates/times, but it looks like they only interview 2 students at a time for each interview slot (when I reserved mine the slot disappeared)

Did you use your email address as your username?

II! OOS LizzyM 64

Horrible post-interview acceptance rates tho..

Interviews are only a couple of hours

Reactions: 1 users
For secondary question: I have not yet completed all of the competencies

Is there a link that states exactly what they consider these competencies? I can't find anything on their website. I looked at MSAR and it states 20+ hours in humanities and 20+ in social sciences... I don't know exactly what they consider to be included in either of these categories.

II just now! I'm excited!!! LM= 73

II received this morning :)

II! OOS LizzyM 64

Horrible post-interview acceptance rates tho..

Interviews are only a couple of hours

Completion dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nooo I was complete 7/20. Must have set my application aside. Einstein doesn't send rejections until the end of the season right?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Not necessarily, just be patient! If you look at last years thread, they have people completed very early getting IIs in the later waves, so don't count yourself out yet. Looks like first rejections came in January.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats y'all! Did you receive II via email or portal?

Congrats guys. Hopefully there'll be some love for us late July finishers around the end of the month.

II received yesterday. LizzyM ~80, not sure what to do about scheduling though, most of the dates conflict with days I have ones scheduled for, would it be terrible to pick one of the later dates because of this?

II received yesterday. LizzyM ~80, not sure what to do about scheduling though, most of the dates conflict with days I have ones scheduled for, would it be terrible to pick one of the later dates because of this?
As long as you schedule a date before Thanksgiving, and as long as you don't bomb the interview I think that you have a fair shot with a LizzyM of 80. Crazy impressed!

As long as you schedule a date before Thanksgiving, and as long as you don't bomb the interview I think that you have a fair shot with a LizzyM of 80. Crazy impressed!

Even interviews after Thanksgiving is fine. I think the SDN mantra is you don't have to worry if you have IIs by Thanksgiving.

Even interviews after Thanksgiving is fine. I think the SDN mantra is you don't have to worry if you have IIs by Thanksgiving.

Thanks to you both for the advice, good luck with both of your cycles!

Hi~ Just wondering, anybody get an II for MSTP yet?

Current Einstein MS1. They didn't accept anyone until February last year, so when you schedule your interview isn't as much of a concern.

Current Einstein MS1. They didn't accept anyone until February last year, so when you schedule your interview isn't as much of a concern.
So I'm assuming if you get "waitlisted" after the interview, there's hope? Or is it that you just don't get any status updates until February?

I just got the complete email on Friday after submitting my secondary on 7/26. The slowest turnaround of all the schools I applied, unfortunately, but at least it happened.

Is there anything at all that you would like to share with the Committee on Admissions that might not be apparent from your AMCAS application or from you Secondary Application? (200 words)

is this kind of a like a gap year activity section?

Is there anything at all that you would like to share with the Committee on Admissions that might not be apparent from your AMCAS application or from you Secondary Application? (200 words)

is this kind of a like a gap year activity section?

I don't think so. That would be redundant seeing as there already is a question that asks you to explain what you're doing during your time off.

Anyone know how long it took Einstein to send them an app complete email after everything was in? I submitted my secondary at the end of July and AMCAS got my letters last week, but I still have yet to receive an app complete email from here.

Anyone know how long it took Einstein to send them an app complete email after everything was in? I submitted my secondary at the end of July and AMCAS got my letters last week, but I still have yet to receive an app complete email from here.

Well...

I just got the complete email on Friday after submitting my secondary on 7/26. The slowest turnaround of all the schools I applied, unfortunately, but at least it happened.

So by that logic you'll hopefully get it either this week or next week.

Well...

So by that logic you'll hopefully get it either this week or next week.

Wow okay what a slow turnaround. Thank you! I guess I'll wait a few more weeks and then call to check if I don't receive anything.

Wow okay what a slow turnaround. Thank you! I guess I'll wait a few more weeks and then call to check if I don't receive anything.
I got an email the day I submitted (August 20) saying I've completed the secondary. Did you get a confirmation after you paid then copy and pasted it into the app?

I got an email the day I submitted (August 20) saying I've completed the secondary. Did you get a confirmation after you paid then copy and pasted it into the app?

No, I got a secondary complete email. I'm talking about an application complete email. My letters were submitted like 3-4 weeks after I submitted this secondary.

Not sure if this was addressed already...I'm was wondering how others are handling this prompt:
"I have taken off at least a year since college graduation
(Please explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates)"
..I took off 4 years, did research, had crap jobs to support myself, did a SMP and just listing all of these activities with dates takes more than 500 words lol, so idk how to reshape my response into 100 words. This has been holding up some of my other secondaries, bc they all have 1400 characters or 200-100 word limit.

Any advice?

Not sure if this was addressed already...I'm was wondering how others are handling this prompt:
"I have taken off at least a year since college graduation
(Please explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates)"
..I took off 4 years, did research, had crap jobs to support myself, did a SMP and just listing all of these activities with dates takes more than 500 words lol, so idk how to reshape my response into 100 words. This has been holding up some of my other secondaries, bc they all have 1400 characters or 200-100 word limit.

Any advice?
Maybe keep all those "crap jobs" under one category and state you have worked consistently x hours per week for the past 4 years as opposed to listing each individual job. I would say details of your research and the SMP are more important.

Finally got a complete email today! Submitted 8/1

... and now to wait :)

Reactions: 2 users
Question for people who are complete: there's no way to check status via the portal is there? All I see is the link to my submitted secondary app, but unlike for other schools there are no checklists or app statuses.

Has anyone requested overnight stay with a student and heard anything back?

update: For anyone who cares, I inquired about it yesterday and heard back today with confirmation that there was a student willing.

Last edited:
Question for people who are complete: there's no way to check status via the portal is there? All I see is the link to my submitted secondary app, but unlike for other schools there are no checklists or app statuses.

Nope. Just wait for an email.

II today, first of the season :soexcited:
Complete August 1st

II for me as well!!!!