2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
No, I got a secondary complete email. I'm talking about an application complete email. My letters were submitted like 3-4 weeks after I submitted this secondary.
Ah okay got it. Hopefully you'll get it soon!

You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.

Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

Is this the complete email you guys are referring to our is there another?

There is a separate complete email:

"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

I submitted 8/1 and was marked complete on 8/30! Hope that helps :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wtf...I got an email saying my app was complete even though I got another one on 8/5 saying I was complete. This one looks more official though so I guess I just recently became complete. That took forever.

Reactions: 1 user
Complete email just today- exactly a month after completing secondary. Cmon guys...

Does anyone know if Albert Einstein accepts updates? Can't find anything on their website.

Over a 1000 students are interviewed with 183 matriculants.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

According to USNWR, Einstein accepted 363 out of 1324 interviewed applicants, yielding a 27.4% post interview acceptance rate.

I got the data from someone else's compilation here:

Reactions: 11 users
According to USNWR, Einstein accepted 363 out of 1324 interviewed applicants, yielding a 27.4% post interview acceptance rate.

Do you know if this includes acceptances off waitlist?

Do you know where the data comes from?

This is from USNWR:

OOS: 229/909 - 25%
IS: 134/415 - 32%

Not very good odds:(

It is the odds for top 20 schools, but other mid-tier schools are usually in the 30s and 40s.
Ill take em. Honestly wasant expecting to hear back from this school. Probably my top pick :love:

I feel like this isn't true. For WashU, sure, but Pittsburgh isn't like that.

Just based on USNWR data (don't know how reliable this is), it's definitely true for schools like Duke, HMS, UPenn, Columbia, Yale, etc. UPitt is closer to 40-45%. I looked this information up because i was curious. People here have said that these schools fill their seats 2-3X, which seems not to line up with USNWR data, so I don't know how USNWR gets their data. I guess the best thing is to not pay attention to this type of information because all it does is cause unneeded stress in an already stressful process. The best thing is just to do your interview well and let the process work itself out. That's easier said than done, though.

Reactions: 6 users
Maybe keep all those "crap jobs" under one category and state you have worked consistently x hours per week for the past 4 years as opposed to listing each individual job. I would say details of your research and the SMP are more important.
Sounds good, thank you! Sorry it took so long to respond, didn't realize you had responded to me.

This is from USNWR:

OOS: 229/909 - 25%
IS: 134/415 - 32%

Not very good odds:(

try being a canadian. applying in country is ridiculous. med schools in the middle of nowhere want 522 MCAT cutoffs if you don't live in the province. applying for US schools, of the handful of colleges that actually accept canadians, the classes are about 5-10% international with the higher end being ivy leagues and private unis that don't discriminate based on where you're from but have really high stat requirements. :arghh:

Reactions: 7 users
Do you know if this includes acceptances off waitlist?
I would guess that most students here are accepted off the high priority waitlist. Acceptances from the regular waitlist are almost unheard of.

Also, don't worry about the post-interview odds too much. Einstein likes to accept people that want to come to Einstein over their other acceptances, and is receptive to letters of intent.

Can I download that table?

Anyone else interviewing the 27th or earlier?

I think every school does for AOA
False. Yale and Pittsburgh see two examples that dont during preclinical years. I'm pretty sure Yale also just straight up does pass fail even through clinicals without ranking.

When they don't rank they refer to their grading system as "true pass/fail."

Does einstein rank their class during MS1/Ms1. I know its pass / fail but do they still keep a ranking?

Just to be clear, Einstein is completely true pass/fail for the first two years. That just means that you are not internally ranked. In your third and fourth year that changes; which I think is common at most medical schools. There are exceptions to this however.

False. Yale and Pittsburgh see two examples that dont during preclinical years. I'm pretty sure Yale also just straight up does pass fail even through clinicals without ranking.

When they don't rank they refer to their grading system as "true pass/fail."

Well Yale has no AOA so that makes sense. Not sure what Pitt's criteria are for AOA

so then how is AOA calculated? if there is no ranking for preclinical

I don't know about Einstein specifically but I just interviewed at a true preclinical P/F school and they base AOA entirely on clinical grades.

Lol that's so subjective

That school just changed their curriculum so they haven't had a new curriculum class go through clinical rotations yet, so who knows, they might agree and change it :p