2015-2016 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't gotten an email, extra nervous now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't gotten an email, extra nervous now
Same here so I stared reviewing last year's thread. It looks like there are some acceptances after people started announcing wait lists. And I didn't see anyone announce a rejection this early. So we may have a chance.

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted. LM 76, interviewed late October. Got the email at 12:27pm ET.

I'm feeling lazy, has anyone looked at the threads and seen when there was movement off of the waitlist in the last few years?

WL as well, interviewed in Jan

Same here so I stared reviewing last year's thread. It looks like there are some acceptances after people started announcing wait lists. And I didn't see anyone announce a rejection this early. So we may have a chance.
I sure hope so, good luck to you!

Waitlist as well. Thought interview went awful (early october) so was expecting a straight-up rejection. Pleasantly surprised.

I'm feeling lazy, has anyone looked at the threads and seen when there was movement off of the waitlist in the last few years?

Hardly. I think they just waitlist everyone post-interview and then if you don't hear back, well yeah...

It looks like the waitlist started moving at the beginning of may last year.

Did everyone on the WL get the email at the same time? I'm so stressed here, can't get any work done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted! Anyone know how many people they usually put on the waitlist and how many they usually end up taking off?

No WL email... Maybe I really screwed up my interview or something

1ba1b6de036b3daa75dc21e28a0b7cbe.gif

Wait list as well. LM ~ 73. Anyone have any insight into our chances of getting off it based on past years?

Haha so I was rejected via email previously (interviewed 10/26) but just got an email saying I'm waitlisted

Mistake? Or did they change their minds? Lol

Haha so I was rejected via email previously (interviewed 10/26) but just got an email saying I'm waitlisted

Mistake? Or did they change their minds? Lol

It almost seems like they slipped and accidentally revealed its the same thing.

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted as well.

If there's any consolation, friend of mine was waitlisted and got off the list towards June. NYU tends to have some movement.

It almost seems like they slipped and accidentally revealed its the same thing.
I hope they're not the same! waitlisted earlier today. Any insight as to how much waitlilst movement there usually is? Im assuming this year will be less than most as they are decreasing their class size this year

Did all the WL emails go out at the same time or are they sending them out in batches? I'm wondering because I have heard nothing and I interviewed in mid November. Every time my email pings, my heart skips a beat.

No email, very curious to see if I am accepted or WLed. This does not seem like the type of school that does a lot of post-interview rejections.

No email, very curious to see if I am accepted or WLed. This does not seem like the type of school that does a lot of post-interview rejections.
I think that makes 4 of us in here. I like my chances now better than I did yesterday, but that's not saying much.

haven't heard back yet as well, interviewed mid October

+1 haven't heard back yet. Interviewed mid-November LizzyM 76. For people who haven't heard back, what are your stats?

I'm an October interview, 3.9/37. I think that's around LM 76 but I don't remember.

Waitlisted as well.

If there's any consolation, friend of mine was waitlisted and got off the list towards June. NYU tends to have some movement.
This is probably more of a general question, but isn't there a date by which you can only hold a seat at one school and have to officially "withdraw" from all others? If that's the case, how are people moving around on the waitlist after that?

This is probably more of a general question, but isn't there a date by which you can only hold a seat at one school and have to officially "withdraw" from all others? If that's the case, how are people moving around on the waitlist after that?

That date is April 30th. I don't know the answer to your second question.

Hold seat at one school, drop it and accept seat at different school if offered.

Hold seat at one school, drop it and accept seat at different school if offered.

Oh I totally misinterpreted that second part. I read it as how much are people moving around after that date. Whoops!

I hope they're not the same! waitlisted earlier today. Any insight as to how much waitlilst movement there usually is? Im assuming this year will be less than most as they are decreasing their class size this year

Yeah the smaller class size could pose an issue. Really, I wouldn't expect much movement from waitlists at top schools until March, when a bunch of top non-rolling schools release their decisions and people start letting go of back-ups/multiple offers.

The follow up email just now about the financial aid webinar was not appreciated given today's WL email...

Reactions: 4 users
The follow up email just now about the financial aid webinar was not appreciated given today's WL email...

Had to increase their lead in the trolling olympics

Edit: Trolympics

Reactions: 3 users
Wait Listed earlier today also, not thrilled about the Financial Aid Webinar email either.

WL :( well, I'm holding on to hope with this one. Loved NYU.

Sorry to hear about the rejections guys! It does, however, mean that the WL isn't just a hollow gesture.