2015-2016 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where do students live? Rent?
People usually live in houses of about 4-5 people a house around campus in neighborhoods like Foxhall or near Reservoir Road (near the hospital). Some also live in Rosslyn, VA which is right across the Potomac in apartment complexes so there's a lot of options!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
don't give up hope! Lots of people still get in off the waitlist...even in July!
I hope you're right! It would just be REALLY NICE, if I didn't have to submit another application in June OR redo my MCAT.

But, are you talking Georgetown's WL specifically or other schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you're right! It would just be REALLY NICE, if I didn't have to submit another application in June OR redo my MCAT.

But, are you talking Georgetown's WL specifically or other schools?
Based on my experience last year, there's gong to be a lot of movement from a lot of schools including Georgetown! I've heard of people getting in just days before orientation (GUSOM and other schools as well)...I feel you though. I'd hate to reapply for a third time and retake the MCAT too (expires this year womp)

Reactions: 1 users
Watching the wait list support threads obviously have me feeling pessimistic because I almost thought that was an email to tell us the class was seated. :unsure::p

Haha I know the feeling but I think GU will have a good amount of movement. Seems like the fb group has a good chunk of students from previous years.

They really think that people have not yet decided what med school to attend/enroll????.... Its mid May. Those update emails are so unnecessary.

They really think that people have not yet decided what med school to attend/enroll????.... Its mid May. Those update emails are so unnecessary.
Hey, if there are still people withdrawing or tired of waiting, more spots for us! :rolleyes:

Georgetowns deposit is due by May 15th so they may be waiting until after then to do anything with a majority of the WL

Georgetowns deposit is due by May 15th so they may be waiting until after then to do anything with a majority of the WL

Good to know! GT also gave out acceptances last Monday and those who got accepted should have two weeks to decide to attend, so May 15th is looking like the next potential wait list move... Fingers crossed for everyone! This is my dream school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good to know! GT also gave out acceptances last Monday and those who got accepted should have two weeks to decide to attend, so May 15th is looking like the next potential wait list move... Fingers crossed for everyone! This is my dream school.
Yeah May 15 would be great. I would love to go here (my only interview :/)! An acceptance would be the best birthday gift ever *coughcough* :angelic:

Reactions: 2 users
I have just been accepted off of the waitlist today. Just got a phone call. Good luck to the rest of you waiting to hear back. It is a very tough time but keep rolling with the punches.

Congrats to everyone!! That is great news! Fingers crossed to those who are waiting!!

Also got accepted today!

Withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to those waiting - hope it goes to one of you guys on SDN.

Got a voicemail from the dean yesterday afternoon, taken off the wait list. Super pumped to go to Georgetown!

Good luck to anyone else waiting to hear back. It's still May, so DO keep your hopes up!!!!!!

Got a voicemail from the dean yesterday afternoon, taken off the wait list. Super pumped to go to Georgetown!

Good luck to anyone else waiting to hear back. It's still May, so DO keep your hopes up!!!!!!
Congrats!! Awesome news bro!

I think it's about time..... srsly puck's sake....

So.... I just asked all my professors for updated letters and decided to complete both the 2017 AMCAS and AACOMAS applications today... Now that i've put in all that effort for next year, hopefully i'll get an acceptance call from GU for this year.... :blackeye::angelic:

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of curriculum changes taking place for C/O 2020? The website is somewhat vague on the reform (and even when the changes are actually being enacted).

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of curriculum changes taking place for C/O 2020? The website is somewhat vague on the reform (and even when the changes are actually being enacted).

The only change for the class of 2020 is P/F grading. Any other changes in curriculum are starting for the class of 2021. That's what the dean said at second look at least.

I had a 124 in the Chem/Phys section and I was accepted.
That gives me a little more hope.... Even though it's almost June.

I'm hoping that works in my favor since it's my birthday month... :whistle:

Withdrew from further consideration from WL. Good luck guys.

Not looking forward to buckling down and writing my PS >_<

Are you applying to DO too? Their personal statement I think has 1000 less character max than MD. It was really hard for me to just take 1000 characters out for the DO statement ! Lol

Are you applying to DO too? Their personal statement I think has 1000 less character max than MD. It was really hard for me to just take 1000 characters out for the DO statement ! Lol
Yeah I am, but I wanna finish my MD PS first; I don't want to be complacent, but I want to prioritize my MD app since DO has already been opened for a while >__> I'll deal with my DO PS in June, lol.

At this point I had completely given up on the wait list, but this morning Dean Mitchell called to let me know I was accepted! Here I come DC!

Reactions: 7 users
At this point I had completely given up on the wait list, but this morning Dean Mitchell called to let me know I was accepted! Here I come DC!

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats, when you were interviewed/waitlisted, and if/when you sent any letters?

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats, when you were interviewed/waitlisted, and if/when you sent any letters?

MCAT: 30
GPA: 3.8
Interviewed Sep 1, Waitlisted Oct 22

I ended up sending in all of my letters, one immediately after my decision, one in January with grades, one in February, one in April, and then my final one about two weeks ago saying that I would accept their offer over my current acceptance.

Does anyone know how to view the financial aid package on MyAccess? I can't find it. I am thinking either it hasn't been generated yet, or I have to pay the deposit first?

Does anybody have any idea if/when more movement will happen?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Does anybody have any idea if/when more movement will happen?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I called them in the last week of May and she said that although she couldn't give me information about the wait list, that they're still accepting people off of it.

If someone has called recently, please update!

Reactions: 3 users