2016-2017 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed mid-December heard back?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all! I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Masters in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology or
Physiology (regular MS or SMP) programs? I'm just looking for some insight into these programs and which would be best for me to improve my application as well as prepare me better for medical school. Also if you know anyone in these programs please do help me get into contact with them, I'm looking for info about class size, linkage etc. Thanks y'all!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

Just got the email about the Stewart scholarship. Definitely applying!

It says deadline is March 3rd...but it says matriculating student?

Does anyone know if you can apply if you aren't sure yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a waitlist email, interviewed mid-December.

Just got the email about the Stewart scholarship. Definitely applying!

It says deadline is March 3rd...but it says matriculating student?

Does anyone know if you can apply if you aren't sure yet?

Stewart scholarship? did that go to your personal email?

Stewart scholarship? did that go to your personal email?

What do you mean personal email? Yes it was emailed to me on the account associated with my application. Gives you a link to a doc file to submit via Box or something.

To answer my earlier question the verbiage says if you are offered the scholarship, accepting it is the same as accepting the school and you will drop other acceptances at other schools. It's full tuition and fees all four years.

I'm guessing so people who don't plan to attend can't hold onto the offer, and it can be offered to someone else and cemented.

What do you mean personal email? Yes it was emailed to me on the account associated with my application. Gives you a link to a doc file to submit via Box or something.

To answer my earlier question the verbiage says if you are offered the scholarship, accepting it is the same as accepting the school and you will drop other acceptances at other schools. It's full tuition and fees all four years.

I'm guessing so people who don't plan to attend can't hold onto the offer, and it can be offered to someone else and cemented.

In the info, did it say that you could apply as a 1st year or is it just an incoming student scholarship? I'm still waiting to hear on the admissions decision, so I assume I wouldn't be able to apply in time even if I got accepted.

In the info, did it say that you could apply as a 1st year or is it just an incoming student scholarship? I'm still waiting to hear on the admissions decision, so I assume I wouldn't be able to apply in time even if I got accepted.

It says "first year, matriculating student" in criteria, so Im guessing it is only incoming so it can be used for recruitment purposes.

Holy smokes, I was accepted!! Received a call this evening! Interviewed mid January. So very thrilled!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted last week!! I interviewed on December 20th.

Interviewed on 12/7, waitlisted 1/28. Just sent in my LOI w/5 new recommendation letters from doctors who I work for...hopefully it boosts me off the waitlist. Georgetown is my FIRST CHOICE!
For sending in additional letters of recommendation this late, are they still submitted via AMCAS?

Accepted as well! Is there a facebook group? If not, can we start one?

Also, does anyone know if we need to have a car? I'd rather not if there's a way...

Accepted as well! Is there a facebook group? If not, can we start one?

Also, does anyone know if we need to have a car? I'd rather not if there's a way...

They usually make the fb page and you don't need a car for first or second year!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who was waitlisted been accepted yet?

Hey all! I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Masters in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology or
Physiology (regular MS or SMP) programs? I'm just looking for some insight into these programs and which would be best for me to improve my application as well as prepare me better for medical school. Also if you know anyone in these programs please do help me get into contact with them, I'm looking for info about class size, linkage etc. Thanks y'all!

Hi, I am in the SMP now. Feel free to message me with any questions!

Waitlisted this morning, interviewed late January

Last edited:
waitlisted. interviewed late january as well. anyone know how to send additional LORs? via e-mail or through AMCAS?

Does anyone know if you can call and ask about where you are generally on the waitlist? I spoke with someone who attended a long time ago and he said there used to be a "high" waitlist and normal waitlist and you could call and see which you were on.

Does anyone know if you can call and ask about where you are generally on the waitlist? I spoke with someone who attended a long time ago and he said there used to be a "high" waitlist and normal waitlist and you could call and see which you were on.

Let us know if you volunteer as tribute to find out!

According to last year's thread, the first documented movement from the waitlist occurred on March 14th. Keep your chins up fellow listers. This battle is far from over

Would anyone mind sharing what this school's grading system is like? (P/F, A-F or whatever) & also, does anyone knows if they rank the students

It's P/F both years. Don't recall the specifics of ranking. Maybe someone else can answer.

Did anyone else who interviewed in January not hear back yet?

According to MSAR students are ranked to be included in dean's letter

Also just got accepted! :D Interviewed in Jan!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the acceptance call! Interviewed Jan 19.

Accepted off the waitlist by email! This is my first acceptance! So excited

Reactions: 4 users
have been on the waitlist since October. got a call at 6pm from the dean today saying i was accepted!

Congrats to all those accepted today. Any word on when SMP's will hear about interviews?

Anyone with access to MSAR know how many people get in here off the waitlist?

It doesn't say unfortunately. Maybe we can find it in older threads or someone can volunteer as tribute to call. I probably will next week assuming I hear nothing back

Update: I tried to Google it and looked on here and didn't find much. I'm assuming since they accept 350 for 200 slots that it can't move that much, but I've been wrong before.

Last edited:
Accepted off the waitlist by email! This is my first acceptance! So excited
Do you mind sharing your stats and the exact date you were waitlisted? I was waitlisted October 31st. I'm hoping to be up next! I have also sent in 3 LOI and a letter of rec

does anyone know how common it is to get off the waitlist? from what I've heard from others, GU waitlists a lot of people? any info would be helpful!

does anyone know how common it is to get off the waitlist? from what I've heard from others, GU waitlists a lot of people? any info would be helpful!
I don't know any exact numbers but I would think it depends on the person's stats. If the person's stats are close to the average number of accepted applicants they are most likely to get off waitlist when those applicants whom have stats above average. Sorry this isn't hard factual info but I would say gauge your own stats vs the available info of average stats of previous matriculated class to see how likely for you it is to get off the waiting list.

But the hard thing is it depends on who declines. If the above average students don't decline then obviously less waitlisters get off. My advice would be pray and relax. You did the hard part of applying etc!

Per my interview way back when, they accept ~350 for 200 seats, reject about 200 and the rest are waitlist. Since they interview about 1000 people the WL is about 450-500 people. At this point, though, a lot have probably withdrawn their applications because of other acceptances.