2014-2015 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invite today for 9/3 at 845!!!
Are you going to be at the Indianapolis campus? If so, I'll see you there! Not a lot of time between then and now. Gotta start making travel plans!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been scheduled for 9/3 as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had any documents marked as received?

I have not and sent mine in early August. Would love to know if I need to follow-up with them. Thanks.

So AspirsingERMD you got notified of your interview details without having sent in all the documentation????

So AspirsingERMD you got notified of your interview details without having sent in all the documentation????
Yeah, the original invite just said it had to be in by the interview.

Are you going to be at the Indianapolis campus? If so, I'll see you there! Not a lot of time between then and now. Gotta start making travel plans!
Yes I am. See you then. Also, if any one traveling needs to a place to stay for before the interview on 9/3 you can couch surf free of charge. I live 10-15 min away from campus depending on traffic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question. I got an II on 8/8 but still don't have my interview date. Anyone else in the same position? How long did it take you guys to get your interview date? Thanks!

Quick question. I got an II on 8/8 but still don't have my interview date. Anyone else in the same position? How long did it take you guys to get your interview date? Thanks!

I received an II on 8/1 and was just scheduled for 9/3 today (2 weeks away). Didn't get my location preference of Indianapolis.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you are. Did you select Indianapolis as well?

II today!! OOS mcat 31 (10/9/12) GPA 3.8

Can anyone send me the link to the applicant portal? Too excited to think straight and cant seem to find it :D

II today!! OOS mcat 31 (10/9/12) GPA 3.8

Can anyone send me the link to the applicant portal? Too excited to think straight and cant seem to find it :D

Congrats! When did you receive the primary receipt email?

I am slightly confused with how the process for this school works. If I could get help I would really appreciate it.
I was sent an II but just it, no link to the applicant portal, no pdf file or anything... Perhaps I am missing a step but I dont understand what follows up next... Was I supposed to receive a supplemental application invite as well? Because I didnt receive anything. Also, how do i select my preferred interview location? I dont find any website or link to accomplish that... I just got an II and im stuck.. for the ones who already selected their location.. any help?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems like the supplemental material was slightly delayed :) I just got the email as I clicked submit comment haha
good luck to everyone

My preferred interview location would be Gary since I am currently living in the Chicagoland area and completed a large portion of my clinical volunteer hours in NW Indiana. Is this location only for Urban Health? I do not have a specific interest in this subset of care- would the interviewer ask about this/would this be the focus?

I'm sure you are fine since many people don't get their top choice.

My preferred interview location would be Gary since I am currently living in the Chicagoland area and completed a large portion of my clinical volunteer hours in NW Indiana. Is this location only for Urban Health? I do not have a specific interest in this subset of care- would the interviewer ask about this/would this be the focus?

I also live in Chicagoland (just moved from the suburbs to the far north side) and also picked Gary, despite its sketchiness, due to proximity. My understanding is that it doesn't matter, but if they ask you, I doubt they would hold it against you if you're not interested.

does anyone have a pdf of the secondary application that they could send me?

Beyond thrilled to get an II here this morning!!!

I finished up the IUPUI graduate application now and I'm wondering for anyone that received earlier IIs: Did the admissions office eventually email you telling you your interview date? That was the impression I got from reading the two emails

Beyond thrilled to get an II here this morning!!!

I finished up the IUPUI graduate application now and I'm wondering for anyone that received earlier IIs: Did the admissions office eventually email you telling you your interview date? That was the impression I got from reading the two emails
Yeah we got an interview date later on in a different email and it will inform you of the location too.

To anyone else that has an interview date and accepted it, does your application portal still say that the interview date is tentative until confirmed by IU?

does anyone have a pdf of the secondary application that they could send me?
There is no secondary until you get an II. Even then, there are no real essay questions. It is just the general graduate school application collecting demographic information.

There is no secondary until you get an II. Even then, there are no real essay questions. It is just the general graduate school application collecting demographic information.

I understand how secondaries work lol...nvm then

Sorry to hear that. When were you complete? That's interesting though because I've heard of applicants with below average stats being accepted here OOS. I guess they must be outliers or something.
I was complete with AMCAS 6/3/14 and there was no secondary for Indiana I guess.... only unless you are invited to interview.

Breaking my silence to post about my II. *happy dance* So excited and nervous.

To anyone else that has an interview date and accepted it, does your application portal still say that the interview date is tentative until confirmed by IU?

Scheduled in Indianapolis for September 10th!

My interview is 9/3 at 3pm at the Fort Wayne campus. The letter they sent out says to have as many of the references and forms as possible in our "folder" before the interview date. I am assuming by "folder" they mean the "folder" they hold for applicants, which is represented by our applicant portal. They don't want us to bring physical copies, right? Also, is anyone else in the same boat with an interview coming up and still no "received" updates on their applicant portal?

My interview is 9/3 at 3pm at the Fort Wayne campus. The letter they sent out says to have as many of the references and forms as possible in our "folder" before the interview date. I am assuming by "folder" they mean the "folder" they hold for applicants, which is represented by our applicant portal. They don't want us to bring physical copies, right? Also, is anyone else in the same boat with an interview coming up and still no "received" updates on their applicant portal?

Every time I post on here, it seem immediately afterwards my question is answered via email or portal update, my portal was updated to all green "received" check marks directly after my post. So never mind that portion of the question.

Reactions: 1 users
II for 9/3 at 11 am in Indy. See you all there! IS, EDP (3.9, 31).

Last edited:
Starting to get really nervous for next Wednesday... :-/ I feel like I'll never be prepared and my mind will just blank at the interview regardless of preparation...

Every time I post on here, it seem immediately afterwards my question is answered via email or portal update, my portal was updated to all green "received" check marks directly after my post. So never mind that portion of the question.
I was getting pretty anxious about those exclamation points but now it's all checks! Now I'm worried about the interview date is still "tentative"

I'm glad things are slowly working out

Starting to get really nervous for next Wednesday... :-/ I feel like I'll never be prepared and my mind will just blank at the interview regardless of preparation...
According to the interview feedback, the interview is straight forward and laid back. I think you'll be fine. Just remember to review those competencies

I'm excited to get my II date(9/10) and location, but despite asking for Indy, I got Muncie. I'm still looking forward to it, but it's difficult to gauge the school based on satellite locations you may or may not end up enrolling in or want to enroll in . . .

:/

I'm excited to get my II date(9/10) and location, but despite asking for Indy, I got Muncie. I'm still looking forward to it, but it's difficult to gauge the school based on satellite locations you may or may not end up enrolling in or want to enroll in . . .

:/
Yeah I understand that. At the Indy location, they don't offer a tour, so it might be difficult to gauge the school anyway.

Has anyone else with an application receipt on or around 7/18 not heard anything? I am worried that I am missing emails.

Has anyone else with an application receipt on or around 7/18 not heard anything? I am worried that I am missing emails.

I got the application receipt around then and since then, silence! You're definitely not alone.