2012-2013 University of Southern California (Keck) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got the waitlist call in march but no call today. what does this all mean!??? lol

It could be because maybe they accept applicants similar to those who withdrew (i.e. if 10 male applicants withdrew and no female applicants withdrew, they will accept males off of the wait list but not females). But this could be entirely wrong...

Members don't see this ad.

Also got the call from Dr. Arias earlier today!! I'm till ecstatic to be going to Keck. See you guys there. And good luck to those on the waitlist - I hope you guys will hear good news soon enough!

I should have posted yesterday, but ditto! WHOOOO!
Also, I was one of the peeps who got the waitlist CALL earlier this year.

Best Of Luck Everybody

did any of you guys who got in off of the wait list send in a letter of interest/intent??

because Dr. Arias clearly said that could help, but not to send anything till May 15. Yet people are obviously getting in off the wait list before May 15 - so this is weird and making me discouraged a bit. Still gonna send one in though.

Members don't see this ad :)
did any of you guys who got in off of the wait list send in a letter of interest/intent??

because Dr. Arias clearly said that could help, but not to send anything till May 15. Yet people are obviously getting in off the wait list before May 15 - so this is weird and making me discouraged a bit. Still gonna send one in though.

I didn't send a LOI. Got waitlisted in October. Got a call today notifying me of my acceptance.

Hallelujah!:D

I wish the best for those who are still waiting, I know how you feel.

I didn't send a LOI. Got waitlisted in October. Got a call today notifying me of my acceptance.

Hallelujah!:D

I wish the best for those who are still waiting, I know how you feel.

could you tell us the area code of whoever called you? haha

and congrats!!!

I did not. I however did make it clear that USC was my top choice during both of my interviews. :love:

Do accepted students get a hard copy/snail mail letter of acceptance, if so, how long after you received your acceptance did you get the letter and was there anything really important in it?

I did not. I however did make it clear that USC was my top choice during both of my interviews. :love:

Do accepted students get a hard copy/snail mail letter of acceptance, if so, how long after you received your acceptance did you get the letter and was there anything really important in it?

The only hardcopy I got was basically the email they sent you, telling you how to accept the offer, etc.

Congratulations on the acceptance!

Yep, I got a snail mail letter about a week after I got the call. No new information on it.

Does Dr. Arias tell you how long you have to decide when she calls you?

Members don't see this ad :)
received an email notifying me that the admissions office got my LOI

come on USC, please show me some love! I want to stay in california!

received an email notifying me that the admissions office got my LOI

come on USC, please show me some love! I want to stay in california!

Did you send it by email? If so, what email did you send it to?

I sent mines in but didn't receive a "we got your letter" notification as of now.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I did get a thank you for your email/inquiry email though. Was that the response that you received? I sent it to [email protected]

Thats the automated message that you get anytime you email that address. I got that one and another email saying "Your letter has been received. Thank you." a short while ago

When did you send your LOI in? i sent mine in yesterday but I haven't received the "we got your letter" email.

isee mines was sent at 2am :)
thanks for the clarification! best of luck to you.

NEVERMIND--GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!! BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!:love::thumbup:

Just a heads up, last year's thread had almost no movement until June 1st. It seems like we'll have to see what happens in the next few days to see if that trend holds true.

Last years thread also had very little/no movement prior to May 15 or on May 15. They didn't get a big wave of acceptances like we've had these past couple days last cycle. Seemed like last cycle they saved the acceptances from May 15 withdrawals until June.

Housing Question !

Does anyone know how safe it is in Downtown LA (Like the Artist District), and how safe the walk/bike would be from downtown to KECK.

Thanks

Housing Question !

Does anyone know how safe it is in Downtown LA (Like the Artist District), and how safe the walk/bike would be from downtown to KECK.

Thanks

Downtown isn't too bad. It's well populated during the day, and reasonably safe even at night. I would not recommend the walk to Keck, though. Especially after dark.

I used to do the bike ride all the time, but I think most people wouldn't do that after dark either.

You have to weigh how comfortable you'd be walking/changing a tire on a dimly lit "inner-city" street if you were to get a flat. I've done that before also, but I've lived in that type of neighborhood all of my life, so my comfort level may be relatively high compared to the average student.

Downtown isn't too bad. It's well populated during the day, and reasonably safe even at night. I would not recommend the walk to Keck, though. Especially after dark.

I used to do the bike ride all the time, but I think most people wouldn't do that after dark either.

You have to weigh how comfortable you'd be walking/changing a tire on a dimly lit "inner-city" street if you were to get a flat. I've done that before also, but I've lived in that type of neighborhood all of my life, so my comfort level may be relatively high compared to the average student.
Thanks.

Comparatively, it looks like downtown is the "safest closest" area by USC.
I know the City View Apartments are the closest, however, I have heard that you can't really walk around there at night.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Comparatively, it looks like downtown is the "safest closest" area by USC.
I know the City View Apartments are the closest, however, I have heard that you can't really walk around there at night.

Is this correct?

Are you a part of the Facebook group? If so, there's a document that was posted a month or two ago that details all of the places to live from student perspectives. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

Hey just wondering did anyone miss the call but get the email?!?!?!?!!?

Are you a part of the Facebook group? If so, there's a document that was posted a month or two ago that details all of the places to live from student perspectives. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.
I am and I did...

I was just looking for a little more info

No news today?
How many people do you guys think are on the waitlist?

No news today?
How many people do you guys think are on the waitlist?

no news for me yet. I assume about 50-100 people still on the waitlist? hopefully less lol.

I put a lot of effort and time into my LOI, I hope it helps, but it seems some people didn't really need it to get in off the waitlist. Well, good luck to the rest of us and congrats to those accepted!

no news for me yet. I assume about 50-100 people still on the waitlist? hopefully less lol.

I put a lot of effort and time into my LOI, I hope it helps, but it seems some people didn't really need it to get in off the waitlist. Well, good luck to the rest of us and congrats to those accepted!

I think last year's thread said there were 150-200 on waitlist, completely take it with a grain a salt.

Maybe the past couple days of acceptances were taken straight from the "called-in-march" group of waitlisters who were top tier. Who knows, it sucks to speculate and wait though :|

I think last year's thread said there were 150-200 on waitlist, completely take it with a grain a salt.

Maybe the past couple days of acceptances were taken straight from the "called-in-march" group of waitlisters who were top tier. Who knows, it sucks to speculate and wait though :|

There was someone who said they didn't get a call but still got off the regular waitlist

Yep just heard from someone else that they were on the regular waitlist (interviewed in August) and just got accepted today. Waitlist movement seems to be pretty significant this year!

Hey just wondering did anyone miss the call but get the email?

Status
Not open for further replies.