2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No email here either.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance call today! I have one week to make a decision

God, this is killing me....congrats to everyone who got in!!

I just noticed that there is a "Financial Aid Application" on their site. Does this need to be turned in before getting a fin aid award letter/packet/whatever?

I just noticed that there is a "Financial Aid Application" on their site. Does this need to be turned in before getting a fin aid award letter/packet/whatever?

I think so... its really really really easy though and should only take 5 minutes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I, and a couple of other people on here, got it last week

I, and a couple of other people on here, got it last week

Haha yea and you all got accepted, but now we're wondering if at this point they're sending out that email to everyone on the waitlist and not just a select few.

I received the touch base email with the others on May 21st. Still no word. :luck: Patiently waiting, sure hope to hear something good.

- Did you guys get a reply back after sending your email return to the touch base email?

I received the touch base email with the others on May 21st. Still no word. :luck: Patiently waiting, sure hope to hear something good.

- Did you guys get a reply back after sending your email return to the touch base email?

Ah okay, well hopefully you'll hear back soon :xf: (along with the rest of us haha)

I got a reply back but I'm not sure how strong of an indicator a "Thank you" is for an acceptance call haha

For those accepted off the waitlist. How long after your acceptance did you get your financial aid package?

Haha yea and you all got accepted, but now we're wondering if at this point they're sending out that email to everyone on the waitlist and not just a select few.

Nah, I haven't heard anything. I think I got passed from my cohort--I'm guessing they're grouping people, asking if they're interested, accepting and then going on to the next group. oh well, it was nice while it lasted! arrivederci, mayo!

Nah, I haven't heard anything. I think I got passed from my cohort--I'm guessing they're grouping people, asking if they're interested, accepting and then going on to the next group. oh well, it was nice while it lasted! arrivederci, mayo!

Woops, I thought you did..sorry :oops: Guess that means our group will find out over the next couple of days..really hoping for some love from Mayo..

But best of luck with wherever you end up!

This is kinda what I was wondering too given we were both in the May 21st group. Never know though :) just gotta keep waiting!

Decided to accept and will attend Mayo...good luck to everyone still waiting!

JUST GOT THE CALL FROM GINA AND WAS ACCEPTED OFF THE ALTERNATE STATUS THIS MORNING AT 8:15AM!!! Will most likely be attending!!!

JUST GOT THE CALL FROM GINA AND WAS ACCEPTED OFF THE ALTERNATE STATUS THIS MORNING AT 8:15AM!!! Will most likely be attending!!!

Congrats! Guess I've been passed over :( It was a good run while it lasted..

Congrats! Guess I've been passed over :( It was a good run while it lasted..

You and me both, brother.

pouring-out-liquor.gif

Congrats!! :thumbup:

Thanks!! I am so excited and thankful for everything right now. This interview trail compared to other school trails has been much more exciting and fun which is probably indicative of how I'll feel during all 4 years

I was curious about this--when DO they plan on finally rejecting students?

I could be wrong, but I thought at this point they don't officially reject anyone anymore..? That it's pretty much just assumed if you don't get the call?

I could be wrong, but I thought at this point they don't officially reject anyone anymore..? That it's pretty much just assumed if you don't get the call?

I would hope they at least send out an email that everything is over for the season.

I would hope they at least send out an email that everything is over for the season.

Haha that would make sense but I think they don't do that cause people may withdraw at any instant between now and the first day of class...for whatever crazy reason that may be. Haha but again, I could be wrong here..

But Gina did tell me in an email two weeks ago that they would continue making appointments "over the next several weeks." So I'd guess there's at least a few more weeks before it's all said and done

Haha that would make sense but I think they don't do that cause people may withdraw at any instant between now and the first day of class...for whatever crazy reason that may be. Haha but again, I could be wrong here..

But Gina did tell me in an email two weeks ago that they would continue making appointments "over the next several weeks." So I'd guess there's at least a few more weeks before it's all said and done

I noticed on a thread from last year, couldnt tell you exactly where but near the end... someone said something along the lines of "doesn't the waitlist close today" so maybe they had some type of deadline, it may have been the first day of class for all I know.

I noticed on a thread from last year, couldnt tell you exactly where but near the end... someone said something along the lines of "doesn't the waitlist close today" so maybe they had some type of deadline, it may have been the first day of class for all I know.

Ah okay. Well if there is a deadline, it sure would help put an end to this nerve-wracking waiting haha. But if not, eh...not expecting anything anyway. Just glad I got in somewhere at least :thumbup:

That was their first day.

Just decided to check on this thread, and there has been a lot of activity! As someone who never got the "touch base" email on the alternate list though, I'm not feeling too optimistic haha.

Just decided to check on this thread, and there has been a lot of activity! As someone who never got the "touch base" email on the alternate list though, I'm not feeling too optimistic haha.

Well they may send out more emails this week so you never know :)

Accepted from the WL this week and I'm still over the moon. Mayo is an amazing school and I have a very tough decision to make in the next few days.

It's getting down to the wire but for those still waiting it's definitely not over yet!

Edit: For those wondering, I did get an email asking about my interest a couple weeks ago, part of what looks like the second batch (at least to SDNers).

Last edited:
Accepted from the WL this week and I'm still over the moon. Mayo is an amazing school and I have a very tough decision to make in the next few days.

It's getting down to the wire but for those still waiting it's definitely not over yet!

Edit: For those wondering, I did get an email asking about my interest a couple weeks ago, part of what looks like the second batch (at least to SDNers).

Congrats! Good luck with your decision!

Just withdrew. Although I'm confident in my decision, that was a difficult email to send. Mayo is an excellent school and the people there are wonderful.

Good luck to everyone still hanging in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.