2009-2010 University of Toledo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new to this site but got accepted a couple weeks ago and am excited to be part of Toledo's class of 2014!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I'm new to this site but got accepted a couple weeks ago and am excited to be part of Toledo's class of 2014!

Congratulations! You should also join the facebook groups - UTCOM Class of 2014 and University of Toledo College of Medicine Class of 2014.

By this time last year they were already accepting waitlisters but now it seems like everyone is just being waitlisted... cmon toledo, give me hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Were they, really? That'd be awesome....come on waitlist! Mooove!

wer
By this time last year they were already accepting waitlisters but now it seems like everyone is just being waitlisted... cmon toledo, give me hope!

Still no word from them :(
Anyone know if they reject post-interview and whether I interpret the silence as that? I'm terrified of calling!

Hmm..that's so weird. You must be anxious to hear! I know I was dying. So, I know you interviewed 4/1 with me.... id say wait til Thursday and call. Thursday is 5weeks from the day we interviewed so you could easily ask when they will review your file, without being pushy. I don't know if they reject post-interview?? But, I bet they do juddpging by the amount of people sitting there on our day. I don't think Toledos waitlist is that long. But, what do I know?

Good luck! And don't interpret the silence as a rejection, you never know til you knowzs know what I mean? ;)

Anyone know if they reject post-interview and whether I interpret the silence as that? I'm terrified of calling!

Don't be afraid to call. I was getting anxious and called. They were very nice and informed me that I am on the wl. I got the official notice a week later

Wonder why the more recent interviewees haven't been posting. I feel like the sooner they finish reviewing everyone, the sooner they will start pulling people off the wl. Any ideas what day of interview they are onto now?

I interviewed on April 5th and received an alternate letter today.

I interviewed on April 5th and received an alternate letter today.

Thanks for updating us and good luck!

Comparing october interviews to april interviews, it seems like they were quick to accept early interviews and wl later ones. At least that's how I'm trying to justify my otherwise mostly good feeling about my interview day. Have any april people gotten an acceptance?

Good luck everyone on the wl... We are almost there!

Hey WL-ers,

Don't give up hope! I was accepted off the waitlist on Monday (5/3) after being placed on it on 4/12. Yay!

Good luck everyone :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey WL-ers,

Don't give up hope! I was accepted off the waitlist on Monday (5/3) after being placed on it on 4/12. Yay!

That's the post I was waiting for! CONGRATS!

How were you notified that you were accepted?

Last edited:
Hey WL-ers,

Congrats! I have to say that I am EXTREMELY JEALOUS lol...but happy for you. Does anyone know when we find out our priority? This wait is really getting to me...but I am glad to hear that movement has officially started!!!

Hey WL-ers,

Congratulations! Did you send them a loi or anything like that? Do you plan on attending?

Hey WL-ers,

Congratulations! That was a very quick turnaround. If you plan on attending, don't forget about the facebook groups. Good luck to everyone else!

Hey WL-ers,

Does this mean they'll have answers for all of the people who interviewed recently soon?

Finally got the WL letter yesterday even though it was dated 4/29...guess it knew it was non-important and took its sweet time through the mails. Commence prayer.

Thanks so much for the congrats, everyone!

How were you notified that you were accepted?
I received an email; no special phone calls for me like for some people in previous years. And the package arrived yesterday (5/6).

Does anyone know when we find out our priority? This wait is really getting to me...but I am glad to hear that movement has officially started!!!
I think they rank the waitlist in mid May, so you can probably call after a week to find out.

Congratulations! Did you send them a loi or anything like that? Do you plan on attending?
YES to both. Immediately after I interviewed, I sent in a letter of interest and thank you letters to both interviewers. After I was waitlisted, I emailed one of my interviewers to express my strong interest and ask if there was anything I could do. (BTW, her answer was just to wait.) But I was about to send another LoI this week as well.

Good luck guys!

Hey Guys,
So apparently the wl is not prioritized until the end of may, so we find out the beginning of june. Does this make any sense to you guys? How do they take people off the wl unless it is already ranked...hmmm

Hey Guys,
So apparently the wl is not prioritized until the end of may, so we find out the beginning of june. Does this make any sense to you guys? How do they take people off the wl unless it is already ranked...hmmm

Did you call to find this out? I called the other day and they said that spots are available but they are waiting until May 15th sort out the waitlist and begin offering acceptances.

Did you call to find this out? I called the other day and they said that spots are available but they are waiting until May 15th sort out the waitlist and begin offering acceptances.

Yes I did call and find this out. They still give offers b4 the wl is prioritized. I just do not understand how they determine this. It seems like a big mess...

Anyone else still waiting for their decision? I'm hoping it's really before May 15th like they said!

:xf:

I interviewed on April 15th and recieved a letter today (5-12) that said I had been placed on the alternate list.

This was definitely a bummer as I had thought that the interviews went really well. Now I have to wait until late May/ early June to see where I stand on the alternate list. I can't stand the uncertainty, haha.

I interviewed on April 15th and recieved a letter today (5-12) that said I had been placed on the alternate list.

This was definitely a bummer as I had thought that the interviews went really well. Now I have to wait until late May/ early June to see where I stand on the alternate list. I can't stand the uncertainty, haha.

Seems like everyone has been getting waitlisted lately

Seems like everyone has been getting waitlisted lately

Yep, that's what I've noticed as well - those who interviewed early had a much greater chance of being accepted it seems like. Maybe that's a good thing for those of us who were waitlisted recently, just as soon as the WL really starts moving? It could be that they have just ran out of seats and even though they might have accepted you earlier on, now they are forced to waitlist. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

Last edited:
just got the background check email - you think they sent it to everyone on the WL or should i take it as a good sign?

edit: accepted! see you in august mofos!

Congrats blairwaldorf. I hope to be joining you there. This whole dynamic is weird. From one standpoint I am happy for you, and happy to see the list moving, but at the same time I think "Damn you.... I want that spot!" Haha. I gotta rope those emotions in for Karma's sake. Anyway, congratulations.

just got the background check email - you think they sent it to everyone on the WL or should i take it as a good sign?

edit: accepted! see you in august mofos!

Congrats! Anyway, I called the admissions office today to see if they'd made a decision on my app (they promised at the interview they would let us know before the 15th), and they told me I was on the agenda for the meeting on the 19th. So... they're not done reviewing all the apps yet, which could be bad news for the people who interviewed around the same time as me. Or that the waitlist won't move a ton until after then. Either way, it kind of sucks.

Girfaroo, when did you interview? I was 4/19 and was just wondering when I would hear back as well! Best of luck to you.

Withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting!!!!

Girfaroo, when did you interview? I was 4/19 and was just wondering when I would hear back as well! Best of luck to you.

I interviewed on 4/26 (the very last day), so chances are you'll be discussed before me (?). Good luck to you too!

You know, I just have to tell you guys... I interviewed 4/1, and I already found out I was waitlisted... so, I'm obviously hoping to get off of the waitlist. BUT... I still think it is SO wrong for them to be pulling people off of the waitlist before they have let the last round of those of you who interviewed know. I wish you all the best! This is SO tough and GOOD LUCK! :oops:)

You know, I just have to tell you guys... I interviewed 4/1, and I already found out I was waitlisted... so, I'm obviously hoping to get off of the waitlist. BUT... I still think it is SO wrong for them to be pulling people off of the waitlist before they have let the last round of those of you who interviewed know. I wish you all the best! This is SO tough and GOOD LUCK! :oops:)

Same boat for me...I feel so bad for those just waiting with absolutely no information. I guess I do not like that the school continued to interview so late...it makes them disorganized. I guarantee there are plenty of us on the wl willing to attend if given the opportunity.

Same boat for me...I feel so bad for those just waiting with absolutely no information. I guess I do not like that the school continued to interview so late...it makes them disorganized. I guarantee there are plenty of us on the wl willing to attend if given the opportunity.
Yeah seriously, stillpremed2010. I hope that the fact that they were interviewing that late means that they are expecting a lot of people to withdraw acceptances and they think they will need to fill a lot of spots. Somehow I think this is just wishful thinking.

I just found out the other day that they expect to have the wl prioritized by the end of this week. Thought some of you might like to know that :luck:

I think it's a good sign that they are pulling people off the WL before the end of interviews. It shows that more people are withdrawing than expected.

Just an FYI about the WL... in previous years, they have pulled anywhere from 20-60% of the WL to fill the class, so it can move quite a bit. I don't have any other info, but just wanted to let anyone in WL land know that there is still plenty of hope! GL to everyone! :luck:

Yea I know one person (not me damnit) that got accepted today... give me a shot toledo!

I recall someone saying that UToledo would tell you where you are on the waitlist? Or did I read it wrong? Also it's ranked, right?

I think the waitlist is ranked and that we find out our position (give or take) in early June. On another note, does anyone know what day orientation starts?

So just called and she said the list is moving and they should have the ranked list done by the end of this week early next week. Good luck

How do you know??? Please share!!!

I interviewed on the last day, and when I called last Friday to ask if a decision had been made (since May 15th was the next day), they said I was on the agenda for the 19th.

Hmmmm...I wonder does that agenda include figuring out the waitlisted people as well

Status
Not open for further replies.