2023-2024 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed after 9/14 heard back about a decision? A friend who interviewed before me and was accepted says that not hearing anything by now is highly unusual even with the delay, so now my neurosis is in overdrive lol

Has anyone who interviewed after 9/14 heard back about a decision? A friend who interviewed before me and was accepted says that not hearing anything by now is highly unusual even with the delay, so now my neurosis is in overdrive lol
I interviewed 10/24 and have not heard back. They let my interview group know we should hopefully hear back within 6-8 weeks. I wouldn't think too much about it, they have a lot going on behind the scenes. :)

I interviewed in early October and still waiting

Hello, I interviewed recently, and just wanted to get your guys' opinion. The "Start Interview" button is still visible for my last interviewer, and there is no green checkmark next to it under "Status," while there is one for all the other interviewers. Do you guys think this is something I should email them about? I don't want it seem like I didn't finish the interview. Also, did anyone get a confirmation email about finishing interview day? Please let me know and thank you!

Hello, I interviewed recently, and just wanted to get your guys' opinion. The "Start Interview" button is still visible for my last interviewer, and there is no green checkmark next to it under "Status," while there is one for all the other interviewers. Do you guys think this is something I should email them about? I don't want it seem like I didn't finish the interview. Also, did anyone get a confirmation email about finishing interview day? Please let me know and thank you!
I think that's just a glitch with their software. If you interviewed with the last person, then they know that you interviewed with them because that person presumably interviewed you and submitted the MMI evaluation following their interaction with you, even if the system doesn't mark it as complete.

I did not get an email about finishing the interview day

I applied to UToledo's MedStart Program 10/15. I was told by their admissions department that they anticipate sending interview invites in Decemeber. If there's anyone on here who applied to their MedStart Program, did you get an interview invite?

I applied to UToledo's MedStart Program 10/15. I was told by their admissions department that they anticipate sending interview invites in Decemeber. If there's anyone on here who applied to their MedStart Program, did you get an interview invite?

Nope, though I’m not really expecting anything rn

Interviewed 9/28 and haven't heard back. I was thinking of waiting til the end of next week and then potentially reaching out-at that point it will be about 12 weeks since I've interviewed and I'm freaking out a bit

Reactions: 1 user
Is there an admitted student groupme or anything
The Medical Student Council usually creates the Facebook, but that won't be until around March-ish/whenever the new MSC representatives feel like putting that together. Beyond that, you guys will have to create the social groups for your class. I personally made my class a Discord, a GroupMe, and a Google Drive for sharing resources like peer review session slides with each other in the class of 2026

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally heard back today, IS A! LM 84, interviewed 9/19

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
I was told today by the director of admissions that about 250 interview invites and 100 acceptances have gone out at the moment. We expect to have around 220ish total acceptances (based on how many choose Toledo vs other schools) and 440ish total interviews during this current cycle!

Does anyone know if there will be anymore interview invites (asking specifically for MedStart) or if they are going to be on break until January?

I was told today by the director of admissions that about 250 interview invites and 100 acceptances have gone out at the moment. We expect to have around 220ish total acceptances (based on how many choose Toledo vs other schools) and 440ish total interviews during this current cycle!
Would you say that this data on Medical School Statistics – Admit.org is inaccurate? I know it's based on last year's cycle and the numbers may change this year, but it seems significantly different. The website shows that Toledo has approximately 82% Post-II A rate and accepted 319 students from 389 II's, while it seems like it is going to be ~50% this year? I guess Toledo is becoming more selective? Not too sure...Do you have any insights on this?

Does anyone know if there will be anymore interview invites (asking specifically for MedStart) or if they are going to be on break until January?
I don't know about additional invites but they've been adding more time slots for interviews so maybe they could be sending more invites

I interviewed during the first week of October, and have yet to hear back (no R, A, or waitlist notification at all)—should I be expecting something soon?

Would you say that this data on Medical School Statistics – Admit.org is inaccurate? I know it's based on last year's cycle and the numbers may change this year, but it seems significantly different. The website shows that Toledo has approximately 82% Post-II A rate and accepted 319 students from 389 II's, while it seems like it is going to be ~50% this year? I guess Toledo is becoming more selective? Not too sure...Do you have any insights on this?
Idk why these numbers show up like this on this website, and I don't mean to cause alarm, but the past two cycles Toledo has maintained around these numbers/a 50% acceptance rate. If you watch the white coat ceremony vods of 2022 and 2023, our dean says around 220-240ish get accepted our of 440 interviews in both. However, don't let me mess with your confidence for these interviews! I only had one interview my cycle and got accepted, so if they send you an interview then they absolutely see a reason for you to be here at UToledo :)

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed during the first week of October, and have yet to hear back (no R, A, or waitlist notification at all)—should I be expecting something soon?
does a letter of interest seem appropriate since I haven't heard and it's been 2 and a half months?

I just skimmed over the last 2 year's white coat ceremony and I don't think there is any mention of the amount of acceptances or II's given out? Only mention of # of applicants, class average GPA & MCAT, which states the students come from etc....

IS alternate list. I interviewed on 10/31. I'm certainly bummed.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone who interviewed in November hear back yet?

I have gotten II at all other 5 Ohio schools as an IS student. Wonder why not one from Toledo. They must really only count Toledo area as IS.

I have gotten II at all other 5 Ohio schools as an IS student. Wonder why not one from Toledo. They must really only count Toledo area as IS.
They absolutely do count Ohio as in-state, they just give special preference to those from NW Ohio. If you look at their website they have the break down of NW Ohio vs Ohio vs OOS and a good chunk are non-NW Ohio Ohioans. Might just be mission fit or something, if you’ve got 5 Ohio IIs you’ll probably be going to med school in Ohio somewhere if you want to stay here 😉

They absolutely do count Ohio as in-state, they just give special preference to those from NW Ohio. If you look at their website they have the break down of NW Ohio vs Ohio vs OOS and a good chunk are non-NW Ohio Ohioans. Might just be mission fit or something, if you’ve got 5 Ohio IIs you’ll probably be going to med school in Ohio somewhere if you want to stay here 😉
Yea that was more of what I meant, that they value Toledo area IS over IS in general, but mission fit is an interesting thing because I fit in much more with Toledo than I do with Case Western in that regard.

• Hmm
I’m from SW ohio with a II from Toledo and another II from only one other ohio school so far. I don’t have any ties to NW ohio.

Just wanted to drop in and say best of luck to everyone applying to this school!

I was a MEDStart applicant who applied a few years back, and made it to the interview stage, but was ultimately rejected post-II.

So glad that happened though, gave me even more experiences and affirmed my interest in medicine.

Currently a M2 at a different MD school.

This is an amazing school, and I wish all you well on your journey. Just remember, if not Toledo then another school will be the right fit for you (as it was in my case).

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Was @banana123 the only one to have received a decision last Thursday on January 4th? Also have any November interviewees received a decision yet?

Was @banana123 the only one to have received a decision last Thursday on January 4th? Also have any November interviewees received a decision yet?
Interviewed 10/24.

No decision yet but did get a follow-up email on 1/5 saying: Due to unforeseen circumstances, our final evaluation process is taking longer than initially anticipated.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 10/24.

No decision yet but did get a follow-up email on 1/5 saying: Due to unforeseen circumstances, our final evaluation process is taking longer than initially anticipated.
Thank you for the response! Hopefully you hear back soon. Interviewed early December and I'm anxiously waiting for mine...

Last edited:
OOS no ties to ohio, wasn't expecting an II. Interviewed 10/31. haven't heard anything back, any OOS acceptance?. was surely got told A/Waitlist be told in 6-8 weeks and rejections would be sent out in March.

OOS no ties to ohio, wasn't expecting an II. Interviewed 10/31. haven't heard anything back, any OOS acceptance?. was surely got told A/Waitlist be told in 6-8 weeks and rejections would be sent out in March.
I am OOS with zero ties to Ohio as well! Interviewed early December. Did you not receive the "Due to unforeseen circumstances" email? Someone who interviewed few days prior to yours received that email last week. Prob why you have not heard back yet, as they're "taking longer than initially anticipated."

I am OOS with zero ties to Ohio as well! Interviewed early December. Did you not receive the "Due to unforeseen circumstances" email? Someone who interviewed few days prior to yours received that email last week. Prob why you have not heard back yet, as they're "taking longer than initially anticipated."
I THINK, not sure about it but, the people who are getting the delayed message will prolly end up on the waitlist, the ones' who didn't get any delayed messages are done (sadly me). But who knows. I haven't received any email from them.