2009-2010 University of California - Los Angeles (UCLA) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Man, this thread is dead. No reported waitlist movement eh?

I guess now that this thread has died down, I have a few questions. Are there any current students out there?

I was just wondering what a typical weekly schedule is like, when you have exams/quizzes, how is the camaraderie between the students, what are the best/worst (if any) parts about DGSOM, what are the weekends like (e.g. is there time to visit sig others, etc.), how do people study (in groups? individually?)

^^Well those are my MAIN questions, but answers to ANY of them would be appreciated haha, thanks!

Man, this thread is dead. No reported waitlist movement eh?
as far as sdn goes i think only one person has reported an acceptance of the WL. People have called and apparently the WL movement is next to nothing and likely will remain so for a bit. It doesnt look good though...im holding out but i think we better prepare for option number 2 :(

im really surprised that nothing seems to be going on. i know theres still time but if its not happening now, i cant believe that much more will happen later as classes are close to being finalized? I wish we somehow knew more...ucla is beyond my number 1 :(

I guess now that this thread has died down, I have a few questions. Are there any current students out there?

I was just wondering what a typical weekly schedule is like, when you have exams/quizzes, how is the camaraderie between the students, what are the best/worst (if any) parts about DGSOM, what are the weekends like (e.g. is there time to visit sig others, etc.), how do people study (in groups? individually?)

^^Well those are my MAIN questions, but answers to ANY of them would be appreciated haha, thanks!

those are great questions! any current med students that can answer?

how come the facebook group only has like 35 people on it? That seems way too low!!!

Does anyone know how strict UCLA is about pre-reqs? I haven't taken statistics but still have a year of math...

Does anyone know how strict UCLA is about pre-reqs? I haven't taken statistics but still have a year of math...
most schools are very strict, call them to verify dont take someones random word on sdn :). You will likely need to take stats over the summer.

I'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but can someone tell me what the LOR requirements are for UCLA? Thanks so much!!!

I'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but can someone tell me what the LOR requirements are for UCLA? Thanks so much!!!

I submitted 2 science and 1 non-science LORs. For the vast majority of schools, 2 science and 1 non-science LOR are sufficient.

So 5 weeks till school starts... has anyone received any info regarding what's going to be happening on the first day (e.g. where/when to meet, what to bring, schedule, etc.), or to that effect, ANY information about what's to come? Or are we supposed to be expecting that a little later? All I know thus far is that orientation is 8/2-8/6 and... that's about it lol.

So 5 weeks till school starts... has anyone received any info regarding what's going to be happening on the first day (e.g. where/when to meet, what to bring, schedule, etc.), or to that effect, ANY information about what's to come? Or are we supposed to be expecting that a little later? All I know thus far is that orientation is 8/2-8/6 and... that's about it lol.

Nope...I also haven't gotten any info about what's to come other than what you have posted so you're definitely not alone on that. And YIKES! I can't believe there's only 5 weeks left before school starts! Where did my summer go? :eek:

Nope...I also haven't gotten any info about what's to come other than what you have posted so you're definitely not alone on that. And YIKES! I can't believe there's only 5 weeks left before school starts! Where did my summer go? :eek:

ok good. Same deal with Weyburn. All I know is my move-in date, but not my apt #, roommate, where to go on my move-in date. haha oh boy I'm not worried or anything, but I just remember for undergrad they gave us all our info like 2 months ahead of time!

Keep checking and following through on the stuff listed in the Accepted Students List. Watch your snail mail and email. You'll get all you need very soon I'm sure and it'll spell everything out. There will be Welcome Week Activities set up by the C/O 2013 that will prolly come through in the mail. Intro meetings/lectures will all be in CHS...likely on the 7th floor. Outdoor activities will be up by Powell Library/Royce Hall.

Your entire life.....errr schedule....is pre-set by the School and will be on the Angel calendar once you get access to it. The first day of class for the C/O 2013 was like a regular Monday...PBL from 8-10 and lecture from 10-12. All of the warm and fuzzy stuff about Welcoming you to UCLA etc. will take place right before the White Coat ceremony, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.