2009-2010 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so does anyone on here have any experience emailing Callahan??

I emailed her a couple days after my interview, too, and did get a response - albeit a little one-line "thanks for the info, good luck" kind of thing. Which one of them has been communicating with you so far, like to offer you the interview and stuff? I'm not sure if this is right, but from what they said at the interview, I was under the impression that they each get to select x number of people for interview from their "pile" of half the applicants... have you been in touch with Dr. Callahan or Dr. Brooks so far? In any case, probably couldn't hurt to email it to Dr. Brooks as well...

Hey, can I ask what time of day they emailed u?

don't give me that :/, lol, hpwl isn't a bad place 2 be

Don't know about the other person, but I got the hp waitlist email yesterday at 4pm-ish.

Anyone know how likely we are to get in off this waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed her a couple days after my interview, too, and did get a response - albeit a little one-line "thanks for the info, good luck" kind of thing. Which one of them has been communicating with you so far, like to offer you the interview and stuff? I'm not sure if this is right, but from what they said at the interview, I was under the impression that they each get to select x number of people for interview from their "pile" of half the applicants... have you been in touch with Dr. Callahan or Dr. Brooks so far? In any case, probably couldn't hurt to email it to Dr. Brooks as well...

Don't know about the other person, but I got the hp waitlist email yesterday at 4pm-ish.

Anyone know how likely we are to get in off this waitlist?

ah, thx for the help - she finally got back 2 me this morning though. so yea. world keeps turnin.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty excited as well! Hopefully, I will be able to make a final decision after second look. Are you guys going to both days?

I was just wondering, did everybody receive the financial aid email regarding the MPN?? I heard they sent it out but I never received one....

I was just wondering, did everybody receive the financial aid email regarding the MPN?? I heard they sent it out but I never received one....

I never got one. Are we supposed to fill out and sign a MPN in order for awards and the financial package to be processed? I thought you don't have to sign a MPN until you take out the actual loan for the school....

I never got one. Are we supposed to fill out and sign a MPN in order for awards and the financial package to be processed? I thought you don't have to sign a MPN until you take out the actual loan for the school....

I emailed them and got this:
Hello -,

We will send you an email as to where and when to complete the MPN for the Stafford loan. As far as the Grad plus loan is concerned do not apply for that until after you are awarded.

zomg I might be hearing back from them within the next two hours.... gyyyaahhh!

I'll let you guys know what the decision is ;)

Hey! Has anyone gotten off the HP wait-list, so far, this year? Does anyone know of anyone who has?

ah. another week, another no decision.

i think they said three weeks at most.... so i'm really expecting it next week lol.

ah. another week, another no decision.

i think they said three weeks at most.... so i'm really expecting it next week lol.

I really don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I interviewed at Jeff last week and they told us we would either hear in one week (today) or in 3 weeks because the committee would not be meeting during the week of 4/21. :( However, they did say that all decisions would be made no later than 4/28, so I guess it's good that we at least have a definite date.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I interviewed at Jeff last week and they told us we would either hear in one week (today) or in 3 weeks because the committee would not be meeting during the week of 4/21. :( However, they did say that all decisions would be made no later than 4/28, so I guess it's good that we at least have a definite date.

lol its all good.

I wonder why they didn't get to me yet. Maybe they were unsure about me? Maybe my interviewer was MIA? I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I take it you didn't hear back either?

Did anyone on here interview 3/31 or 4/7 and hear back?

Last edited:
lol its all good.

I wonder why they didn't get to me yet. Maybe they were unsure about me? Maybe my interviewer was MIA? I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I take it you didn't hear back either?

Did anyone on here interview 3/31 or 4/7 and hear back?

No, I didn't hear back. My interviewer kind of hinted she wasn't going to be at this week's meeting, though. Yours was probably just a busy person, too.

No, I didn't hear back. My interviewer kind of hinted she wasn't going to be at this week's meeting, though. Yours was probably just a busy person, too.

maybe he is busy... or maybe they talked about me but couldn't come to a decision? idk if that ever happens though lol.

or maybe there were other ppl they wanted to do first? who knows.

Are interviews over here?

I'd assume they are which just makes me a little upset since I applied here in like September and have heard nothing (no rejection no interview notice just silence). Seriously if you want to reject me just send me an email saying sorry we don't want to accept you.

I'd assume they are which just makes me a little upset since I applied here in like September and have heard nothing (no rejection no interview notice just silence). Seriously if you want to reject me just send me an email saying sorry we don't want to accept you.

just got mine this morning lol :thumbup:

....still waiting on the last slow pokes (drexel and loyola) to finally put me out of my misery

I FINALLY got my rejection email today.... now Drexel is the ONLY school left that has yet to say anything since submission.

Anyone else get a letter about fraternities at Jeff? I had no idea they existed. Sounds cool.

I second that.....look we sent you money to review our apps..you could send us some reponse that we didn't make the cut ..but no word :(

Anyone else get a letter about fraternities at Jeff? I had no idea they existed. Sounds cool.

Never got that email, but yeah I had heard about them and was looking forward to hearing more

haha me too, funny enough on a day I complain about hearing nothing. Now I have New york medical college to hear from. So far its just waitlists rejections and silence woohooo hears hoping for some good news come may 15ht.

I found it funny they couldn't be bothered to put my actual name on the rejection e-mail

Got my pre-interview rejection today too.

Rejected too. Why do you think it took them so long. Maybe we were in some sort of a maybe pile? I thought I was sufficiently qualified to get an interview and at one point I had sent an "in the area" email so I really don't understand this.

Hey! Has anyone gotten off the HP wait-list, so far, this year? Does anyone know of anyone who has?

I did.

Interviewed 11/4, HP waitlisted 12/10, sent update letters 12/28, and 1/28, accepted 1/29.

Very random question:

so i interviewed on 3/31

found out my file is going to be reviewed 4/28

but i have a prof that is down to write me a new lor (and it would be a great one)

would it be inappropriate to send it before being reviewed, and before being waitlisted? would that make me look bad/pushy?

i'm afraid to email and ask callahan lol. i might email the reg admissions address.

I would call them directly and ask if send the LOR would be added to your file before you are reviewed. I think Jefferson has an outside 'liason' who presents your complete file given an unbiased look at all the information available to him or her.

I would call them directly and ask if send the LOR would be added to your file before you are reviewed. I think Jefferson has an outside 'liason' who presents your complete file given an unbiased look at all the information available to him or her.

can you unpack the second part of that a bit???

i mean asking my prof to have the letter done before 4/28 is a tall order, but maybe if she's completely free this week it can happen lol.

I'll shoot them an email tomorrow.

Hi I am thinking about applying here next cycle and I was wondering how strict they are about having a letter of rec each from a biology, physics, chemistry, and humanities professor? I already have my letters in place and I don't think I have time to ask for another one. Does it greatly hurt your chances if you don't have these exact requirements? Thank you!

I did.

Interviewed 11/4, HP waitlisted 12/10, sent update letters 12/28, and 1/28, accepted 1/29.

hey. if you don't mind- what kinds of things did you talk about in your updates? was there a specific reason they WL you that you corrected? an answer would be appreciated! :) thanks.

I did.

Ok. Thank you! Congrats! I am pretty sure that there is not a committee meeting this week, so I guess I will be waiting at least another week!

Hi I am thinking about applying here next cycle and I was wondering how strict they are about having a letter of rec each from a biology, physics, chemistry, and humanities professor? I already have my letters in place and I don't think I have time to ask for another one. Does it greatly hurt your chances if you don't have these exact requirements? Thank you!

I did not submit letters from each of a biology, physics, chem, and humanities prof, and I was accepted. I did write an e-mail to them beforehand, though, asking whether it was okay and giving my rationale for why I couldn't, and why it was better to submit the letters I did. Since I'm a grad student, profs that have taught me in first year physics and chem could do little more than repeat my mark (from ~ 5 years ago), and would have no clue who I am. If there is a similar logic to your letters, then I see no reason why they wouldn't give you an exemption.

hey. if you don't mind- what kinds of things did you talk about in your updates? was there a specific reason they WL you that you corrected? an answer would be appreciated! :) thanks.

I talked about why I believed jeff was the right fit for me outside of just being a spectacular school, and I also talked about how i'm doing in my classes (grade specifics) and how writing my thesis is going. I made sure the letters were super sincere and honest, and thats basically it.

Does anyone know the specifics of the second look schedule?

I just got the call this morning at 9:30am!!!! I've been on the HP waitlist since January so this was a very pleasant surprise. Top choice!!!

I just got the call this morning at 9:30am!!!! I've been on the HP waitlist since January so this was a very pleasant surprise. Top choice!!!

Congratulations!!!!!:thumbup:

wish we knew how (and if) the HP waitlist is ranked and how much of a deviation there is within that ranking...tough to gauge whether everyone in this category has a good shot of getting accepted if spaces open up.

Does anyone know the specifics of the second look schedule?

I was hoping to get more information too... the original email they sent out (to me at least) said that after sending in our RSVPs more information would be sent regarding the schedules and specs for Thurs and Fri.

I just wanted to know what the dress code, schedule, etc. are so that I don't show up to meet everyone and the teachers and such in jeans and sneakers lol.

If anyone knows or has called can you post the info?? I won't have the chance to call today at least...
thanks! looking forward to meeting everyone! ;)

I was hoping to get more information too... the original email they sent out (to me at least) said that after sending in our RSVPs more information would be sent regarding the schedules and specs for Thurs and Fri.

I just wanted to know what the dress code, schedule, etc. are so that I don't show up to meet everyone and the teachers and such in jeans and sneakers lol.

If anyone knows or has called can you post the info?? I won't have the chance to call today at least...
thanks! looking forward to meeting everyone! ;)

Admissions said that dress code is business casual. However, I've talked to my student host, who's also one of the coordinators for second look, and she said jeans are OK and that she wore jeans last year herself. I'm going to dress business casual to be on the safe side. It'd be really awkward to be the only in jeans....

Alright, cadets, it looks like Wednesday is D-day.

I know there's thousands of you on here that have interviewed between 3/31 and 4/14 that are all waiting to hear a decision - Lord knows I'm one of them.

I just want to say it's been an incredible ride, and regardless of the outcome, I love you all.

Now who's ready to get waitlisted!!!!! Yeaaaa!!!!

I'll be posting my decision on here the moment it happens. I expect you all to do the same.

Alright, cadets, it looks like Wednesday is D-day.

I know there's thousands of you on here that have interviewed between 3/31 and 4/14 that are all waiting to hear a decision - Lord knows I'm one of them.

I just want to say it's been an incredible ride, and regardless of the outcome, I love you all.

Now who's ready to get waitlisted!!!!! Yeaaaa!!!!

I'll be posting my decision on here the moment it happens. I expect you all to do the same.

:xf: my fingers are crossed so hard. i loved this place, and i'm trying not to get my hopes up, but i keep coming back to their post-interview acceptance stats and being like !!!!!

i wonder if they will actually get through everyone's apps on wednesday? it seems like there are a lot of people to review...everyone from 4/14, plus us stragglers from 3/31 and 4/7. good luck! :luck:

Last edited:
Withdrawing my acceptance. Hope one of you gets it! :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.