2008-2009 University of Louisville Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost 100% sure they only notify by snail mail. I would image the biggest flurry of letters going out will be soon after the 15th with it tapering off from there. I think most of the movement happens before the middle of July, but there are always exceptions. Good luck!
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am anxiously waiting to hear the good news. I love the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am anxiously waiting to hear the good news. I love the school.

It is pretty super-great, isn't it? Hopefully I'll get to see you there in the fall! :thumbup:

It is pretty super-great, isn't it? Hopefully I'll get to see you there in the fall! :thumbup:

I just got an email that I have been accepted to the UOfLSOM.
Btw, I'm OOS. I was put on the top third of the waitlist. :laugh:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email that I have been accepted to the UoLSOM.
Btw, I'm OOS. I was put on the top third of the waitlist. :laugh:[/QUOTE

Hey great! Congratulations!!

I heard at my interview that OOS people move faster and farther down the WL, so that is what I'm holding out for!! Good luck all!

I just got an email that I have been accepted to the UoLSOM.
Btw, I'm OOS. I was put on the top third of the waitlist. :laugh:[/QUOTE

Hey great! Congratulations!!

I heard at my interview that OOS people move faster and farther down the WL, so that is what I'm holding out for!! Good luck all!

Thanks!! I am sure you are right that OOS waitlist is pretty dynamic because OOS applicants generally hold many offers. I think Louisville is a very good school. I am glad that I got off the waitlist that quickly:smuggrin:

Do you know whether I can be considered as an in-state student after my first year? What do I have to do to make it happen? Also when is the white coat ceremony?:laugh:

White coat is 8/9. They told us that UofL is one of those schools that you can't be considered in-state after a year, so OOS tuition applies all four years. Sucks man.

Been put in the top third of the waitlist. Is there any historical data on number of people accepted off waitlist and from how hi/low in the rank they get?
Hi Irish37, did you hear any good news as yet?

Hi Irish37, did you hear any good news as yet?

thus far, no. still waiting and the admin office won't say a darn thing. quite frustrating. btw, do you know how health insurance works @ UoL? do i have to buy my own or is it part of tuition?

thus far, no. still waiting and the admin office won't say a darn thing. quite frustrating. btw, do you know how health insurance works @ UoL? do i have to buy my own or is it part of tuition?

I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting. I am sure things will work out for you. Most People who are on top 1/3 get off the waitlist. The way I understand about the medical insurance that UofL will provide you the health insurance with a minimal cost. I don't think it is part of tuition but it is part of COA. Good luck.

I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting. I am sure things will work out for you. Most People who are on top 1/3 get off the waitlist. The way I understand about the medical insurance that UofL will provide you the health insurance with a minimal cost. I don't think it is part of tuition but it is part of COA. Good luck.

Just got the acceptance email! kick ass! Get this, UoL, a school from what i understand prefers In State accepts me over my own state school, OHSU. It's the irony that will kill you.

now to decide between here and DO school where my family lives... Definately excited to finally have the official Accept.

Just got the acceptance email! kick ass! Get this, UoL, a school from what i understand prefers In State accepts me over my own state school, OHSU. It's the irony that will kill you.

now to decide between here and DO school where my family lives... Definately excited to finally have the official Accept.

Cogratulations!!!

:clap: Way to go!

I just got my letter last friday that I was accepted. My status online still says I am on the waitlist. I keep calling the admissions office and they say they will check on it. I sent them my seat deposit and it was updated online but my decision status has not. I was wondering if everyone elses statuses were changed online once they received their letter.

I just got my letter last friday that I was accepted. My status online still says I am on the waitlist. I keep calling the admissions office and they say they will check on it. I sent them my seat deposit and it was updated online but my decision status has not. I was wondering if everyone elses statuses were changed online once they received their letter.

I got accepted on May 15 and my status page still says waitlisted. Don't even worry about it and enjoy!! See you then during the white coat ceremony:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.