2008-2009 University of Louisville Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am out of printed pictures, so uploading it was easier for me... except that it apparently isn't working. It's really simple, just like adding an email attachment.

Members don't see this ad.

So this is the first week of interviews. Thought I bump the thread to see what people are up to.

ugh
population approx @ time of residence

seriously?

this kind of stuff makes me want to break my computer screen. i hate how i've already spent over an hour copying and pasting all the dates/activities/grades from my primary into this thing

Members don't see this ad :)
ugh
population approx @ time of residence

seriously?

this kind of stuff makes me want to break my computer screen. i hate how i've already spent over an hour copying and pasting all the dates/activities/grades from my primary into this thing

Yeah, but interviews there are academically blind, so some interviewers only read the secondary. It's worth putting some effort into (not that I'm suggesting you're not ;)).

So all the people listed on the interview thread have interviewed by now. How'd everyone do?

Congrats to anybody who has an interview invite from this or any other school so far!

Remember to post them on the interview invite threads :) It's helpful for other SDN members, not only this year but also in the future!

Thanks!

So I'm finished with their secondary, the photo upload thing seems to be working now. The fee has to be mailed in, right? I'm going to mail it in tomorrow, I just wanted to make sure that there isn't a way to pay it online that I'm overlooking.

So I'm finished with their secondary, the photo upload thing seems to be working now. The fee has to be mailed in, right? I'm going to mail it in tomorrow, I just wanted to make sure that there isn't a way to pay it online that I'm overlooking.

I think it can just be mailed in. Isn't there also a summary sheet or something that has to be mailed in anyway?

Please complete and return the following:
  • All six sections of the Secondary Application, Audit Form, Secondary Application Receipt, a recent photograph, approximately 2" x 2" in size (PRINT your name and AMCAS ID on the back of photo) or upload photo on-line.
  • A premedical Advisory Committee Report from your college.
  • A $75.00 nonrefundable application processing fee
I thought all they needed to be mailed in was the fee, since the rest was done online. Is anyone complete who just mailed in the fee? I don't want to mail my check if they need more than that in the envelope.

This is what it says on the "Secondary App Receipt" tab:

Secondary App Receipt Tab said:
Once you have submitted your Secondary Application and Audit page on-line, please do the following:
1. Print Secondary Application Receipt (Retrieve Printable Version)
2. Enclose 2” x 2” photo (write AMCAS ID# on back of photo) (You may also Upload Your Photo)
3. Enclose $75.00 Application Fee (write AMCAS ID# on check or money order)
4.All requested materials must be MAILED to:
University of Louisville
School of Medicine
Office of Admissions
323 E. Chestnut St.
Louisville, KY 40202
So you need to print out the receipt saying you submitted the secondary online and send that in as well.

So I think UofL had a committee meeting yesterday since it was the 4th Tuesday. Of course, it doesn't make a difference to people who have to wait until the 15th anyway, but anyone nervous/excited/queasy that some acceptances have been decided on already? :scared:

I think I'd be more nervous if I had an interview there:) Does anyone know what pending means on the LOR part of the status page? It also says they've begun evaluating my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'd be more nervous if I had an interview there:) Does anyone know what pending means on the LOR part of the status page? It also says they've begun evaluating my application.

I think "pending" means that they've received it but haven't verified it...maybe? I had one letter labeled as "pending" for a while. When I finally asked them about it, they said it had been received but they just hadn't updated my status page yet. The next day it was listed as "received" and listed a date 2 or 3 weeks previous.

If it's been a while, I don't think it would hurt to check up on it.

So I think UofL had a committee meeting yesterday since it was the 4th Tuesday. Of course, it doesn't make a difference to people who have to wait until the 15th anyway, but anyone nervous/excited/queasy that some acceptances have been decided on already? :scared:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, when will the status be updated, by the 15th?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, when will the status be updated, by the 15th?

End of business day on the 16th for sure, but could be as soon as the end of business hours on the 15th. Of course, that's if they made a decision on you...

Hey Keona I just saw that you added to the interview thread. Congratulations!

:soexcited::clap:

Thanks, I'm excited! When you all got your interviews and they asked you to e-mail them back confirming this, did they ever send you anything back or put on your secondary status page your interview date? I'm developing paranoia now, since my status page still has a blank next to it.

Thanks, I'm excited! When you all got your interviews and they asked you to e-mail them back confirming this, did they ever send you anything back or put on your secondary status page your interview date? I'm developing paranoia now, since my status page still has a blank next to it.

I never did get a response from UofL after I confirmed the interview. I don't remember how long it took for them to update the website, but it wasn't immediate. I'm sure they're pretty busy right now, but I'll bet it's up soon-ish.

Congrats again. :thumbup:

Does anyone know what their due date for submitteing the secondary app is? I saw 2 different dates on their website, one being Oct 15th which is soon....thanks.

Does anyone know what their due date for submitteing the secondary app is? I saw 2 different dates on their website, one being Oct 15th which is soon....thanks.

The opening web page to their secondary says it's due by Dec 31st. I don't see any other dates on the site at first glance, so I'd say 12/31 is a safe bet.

Of course, it's always better to get it in sooner rather than later...

How long after being complete did you guys get your invites?

around 2 weeks, I think. Everyone I know found out on a Thursday about theirs, but that's a small group.

Were all these people in-state? Did you have many out of staters at your interview?

How long after being complete did you guys get your invites?

A couple weeks, but I am IS and applied early. Don't worry if it's been longer than that though. I think I was a bit of an outlier.

mine still says "under review", any one status changed today, or we have to wait till oct 15?

mine still says "under review", any one status changed today, or we have to wait till oct 15?

I'm going to make myself wait until at least the 15th before I start checking. I don't think they'll put the letters in the mail until the 15th regardless, will they?

Does anyone know what your status is supposed to change to if they're sending out letters?

Don't rightly remember, to tell the truth.

I think it's at least by end of business hours on the 15th.

At any rate I'm refusing to let myself check the status until 5pm tomorrow. I will let myself check this thread though, so if any one finds anything out, y'know, help a brotha out.

At any rate I'm refusing to let myself check the status until 5pm tomorrow. I will let myself check this thread though, so if any one finds anything out, y'know, help a brotha out.

Almost end of the day now.

mine still says the same, maybe they'll start changing them tomorrow.

That would be my guess. They're having a committee meeting today, but who knows what time they meet. The meeting could end at 8pm for all we know. That makes me figure that the office people would have a full day of online status updates tomorrow.

No status change so far for me.

My status changed this morning to "Decision Notification Pending. The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file and a letter has been sent to you in the mail notifying you of this decision. No final decisions will be given out over the phone." Hope this is a good thing. I guess I'll find out in a day or two.

My status changed this morning to "Decision Notification Pending. The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file and a letter has been sent to you in the mail notifying you of this decision. No final decisions will be given out over the phone." Hope this is a good thing. I guess I'll find out in a day or two.

Same thing here. Looks like we're now at the mercy of the USPS...

So I'll be interested to see when we all get our letters. The postal service can be notoriously inconsistent.

Here's my theory about it. I have a netflix movie coming, A movie was shipped today, out of Louisville and estimating arrival tomorrow. I don't know if it's using the same post office though. If it is, hopefully I'll find out tomorrow, but we'll see. I live about 2 hrs away from Louisville, so we shall see if my method works. I wish they gave us tracking numbers!

Here's my theory about it. I have a netflix movie coming, A movie was shipped today, out of Louisville and estimating arrival tomorrow. I don't know if it's using the same post office though. If it is, hopefully I'll find out tomorrow, but we'll see. I live about 2 hrs away from Louisville, so we shall see if my method works. I wish they gave us tracking numbers!

Ugh. I hate all the neuroticism this process breeds. I mean, I got really, REALLY excited when I read your post beause, logically, it makes sense. I just want to know...

So, no letter today. I don't suppose it made it to anyone else?

Not for me:( My advisor brought up the point though that it might take it a day to clear the university, then a day to leave Louisville, so we'll see. He told me Monday was more realistic, but the UofL people said if you don't have it 5 days after your status changed to call them. So I guess we're on day 1. This waiting is killing me!

Not for me:( My advisor brought up the point though that it might take it a day to clear the university, then a day to leave Louisville, so we'll see. He told me Monday was more realistic, but the UofL people said if you don't have it 5 days after your status changed to call them. So I guess we're on day 1. This waiting is killing me!

Again I say: Ugh.

I have stuff to do this weekend so I won't be near my mailbox. I was really hoping I'd know something before I left!

Nothing for me either, but the people at the house where I think my letter is being sent aren't home right now, so I can't make sure. Why does it take this long for mail to go somewhere in the same state?

Status
Not open for further replies.