UT College of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to all of you that are making it into UH!!

I do want to throw it out there not to be too discouraged with UT though. It's unfortunate in a way that UT may do their admissions process just a little different than UH or even Tech, but don't completely turn your shoulder on UT. If Houston is where you definitely want to go, then by all means accept them and be happy. I know I'm happy for whoever chooses them as their top choice because they have a great program too, and because that school will get a happy student! Just because UT takes longer or may have deferred you or not looked at you yet, doesn't mean you can't be accepted. Just look at last year's thread or the facebook group. Acceptances trickle in over a period of time. Just don't give up hope, and choose the place based on what is best for you. Congrats again though!!

Oh I totally agree with you. UT is by far and away my first choice...I am from Austin, I did my undergrad at UT, I am a true Longhorn at heart, and UT has the best program for my pharmacy goals. However, I was feeling pretty low about getting the TWO deferrals, and it just felt nice to know that I went on UH's interview and BAM they accepted me. That doesn't mean that I'm going to end up at UH, but it feels great to know I have a back-up at a school that I know I could be happy at. It takes a lot of the pressure off waiting for UT's letter on April 16th.

Members don't see this ad.

SOOOOO....who all is counting down to the 24th to see if you get a last round interview, with all this deferment and crazy stuff i just don't know whats going to happen. I can't wait for spring break to be over so i can obsessively check my email, and stalk the mailbox waiting on tech.

I'm with you Tabouli.

Members don't see this ad :)
so the next round of acceptances don't go out until next tuesday? or is the 24th for interviews?

so the next round of acceptances don't go out until next tuesday? or is the 24th for interviews?

the 24th is for interviews everyone that got accepted the second round has already got an email. All of the people deferred will have to wait till april 17th... On another note who's spring break sucks because they are waiting for an acceptance or an interview, it doesn't even feel like spring break. I took some extra hours at the pharmacy and it hasn't helped i just go straight home and ponder my future. Then being at the pharmacy makes me think about pharmacy school because every day i re-live my interview with one of the pharmacist I work with.. We just discuss the answers that I gave and what could of been better what sounds great..sigh...someone save me from myself... I need a hobby

Last edited:
you can write my arlyn paper if you want. :)

Where did everyone hear that the last round of interviews go out on the 24th?

i think someone emailed wilcox

According to the schedule I have:

Round 2 acceptances sent out March 13 (email + snail mail)
Round 2 denial letters sent March 16 (snail mail)
Round 3 invites sent out March 24 (email + snail mail)
Round 3 acceptances sent out April 17 (email + snail mail)
Round 3 denials sent April 20 (snail mail)
Final acceptances sent out May 4 (email + snail mail)
Final denials sent May 5 (snail mail)

This is not set in stone, however.

Mike, a P3 at UT, posted this a while ago... it's been my guide to life lately... j/k (sort of) :).

Anyways, it's been very accurate so far.

Mike, a P3 at UT, posted this a while ago... it's been my guide to life lately... j/k (sort of) :).

Good to know. Thanks!

Glad to be of help. I've been coming on here everyday to read what everyone's saying, but haven't posted anything recently just because it seems like mostly everyone is just trying to work through the stress and frustration of UT pharmacy admissions by letting off some steam in this forum. Try not to let the wait for an answer from UT consumer your life. Remember to eat, sleep, bathe, etc. Good luck everyone. :D

Hi I have a question.
Does UT send out rejection mails (paper form) if an applicant isn't selected for an interview?
Thank you!

ok i am hoping someone accidentally sends out last round invites today... If anyone gets one please post so the rest of us know if we got rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been reading posts on this forum for a week now but never posted anything cos I never had any useful info. I stopped by Dr.Wilcox's office today and talked to one of his office personnel and she said that the invitations may be sent out later this week or even next week. I am also anxiously waiting for some kind of response cos I took the JAN pcat.

I have been reading posts on this forum for a week now but never posted anything cos I never had any useful info. I stopped by Dr.Wilcox's office today and talked to one of his office personnel and she said that the invitations may be sent out later this week or even next week. I am also anxiously waiting for some kind of response cos I took the JAN pcat.

later this week:( maybe next :scared: the interviews are going to be on the 3rd and 4th... that's cutting it close.

That's what I was thinking! I just wanted to let you now what she told me. Maybe she really did'nt know.

I kinda think they are out of loop because last week someone called the school and they said everything will be going out by snailmail... then everyone got emails that night. My info comes straight from Wilcox... He said around the 23rd so thats like tomorrow or the day after

Should we assume that if we don't get an email by Thursday that we had been rejected? :eek:

Should we assume that if we don't get an email by Thursday that we had been rejected? :eek:

UT has been behind this year so i wouldn't go that far... If i don't get anything by thursday I will email Wilcox and give you guys the status update.

i am not going to look at my email until like 3pm... that is my goal lol yeah right

i am not going to look at my email until like 3pm... that is my goal lol yeah right

So far, I have been checking my email every 15 minutes. Thankfully no more classes today.

I don't know about the second round of invites, but for the first round I didn't get my interview email until around 5 that afternoon.

So far, I have been checking my email every 15 minutes. Thankfully no more classes today.

I have my email open i am sitting on the couch and periodically look over at it... I can't see who the email is from but i can tell i get an email. Auto trader just sent me an email and i almost **** my pants in excitement. F' autotrader

I don't know about the second round of invites, but for the first round I didn't get my interview email until around 5 that afternoon.

That is what I figured.

Tabouli, I THINK I speak for everyone when I say you need to calm down. I am a worrier too, but all that is not going to make the email come faster. I think you need to find something else to occupy your time while you wait, trust me you can go crazy from obsessing over this pharmacy thing. Been there done that.

Tabouli, I THINK I speak for everyone when I say you need to calm down. I am a worrier too, but all that is not going to make the email come faster. I think you need to find something else to occupy your time while you wait, trust me you can go crazy from obsessing over this pharmacy thing. Been there done that.

I know i should be making kafta but i just can't peal myself away from the computer. Last night I had a dream that i got in.... I guess i was saying "i got in" in my sleep and my husband shook me and was like WTF are you talking about. LOL

I know i should be making kafta but i just can't peal myself away from the computer. Last night I had a dream that i got in.... I guess i was saying "i got in" in my sleep and my husband shook me and was like WTF are you talking about. LOL

lol you are going bunkers :laugh: just make sure you dont loose your mind before you get in.. watch a movie, read a book do something...

That's a good sign TABOULI. I had a dream of a dancing banana before I got my acceptance.

lol you are going bunkers :laugh: just make sure you dont loose your mind before you get in.. watch a movie, read a book do something...

bonkers i passed bonkers two weeks ago... I need to be committed...This waiting is just inhumane

maybe they're going to send them out tomorrow? It's almost 5 PM...

OMG. I have been checking my email on my blackberry literally every hour throughout work today. Still nothing. Now I have to go through the same thing again tomorrow!!! :scared:

another day of agonozing waiting...its not good for the heart looking at that email all day..i know lol

My refresh button must not be working. :rolleyes: Still no e-mail. Anyone else heard anything today?

nope...this wait is torture

I get so nervous every time this sub-forum is updated

don't worry, it'll come. i don't know if they send out rejections, but it should come soon since interview dates are next weekend. I guess if we don't receive anything, we can expect rejection :(

nothing here either :(
oh...and there's supposed to be a tornado watch here in austin...yuck...it's raining babies at work!

ditto..i wonder how long they're going to make us wait

I get so nervous every time this sub-forum is updated

don't worry, it'll come. i don't know if they send out rejections, but it should come soon since interview dates are next weekend. I guess if we don't receive anything, we can expect rejection :(

rejections come by snail mail, but if you don't get an email for an interview, and its the last round of interviews well ya know :thumbdown:

do y'all think it's a possibility that UT has already sent out the invites and it just so happens that nobody on this forum received one?

What does UT look at to see if an applicant is selected for an interview? Just stats?

do y'all think it's a possibility that UT has already sent out the invites and it just so happens that nobody on this forum received one?
I have a feeling the invites will be sent out tomorrow. I wanted to believe that they will send it out earlier than that, which is why I did not let you all know this before, but I emailed Dr. Wilcox a week ago and asked him when I should expect the e-mail for an invite if I somehow managed to get one and he said it will be "roughly March 26th." So I guess, he wasn't just making sure he was covered until the 26th. So tomorrow...tomorrow tomorrow...

i think the interviews will go out tomorrow or the very least by friday. did anyone e-mail wilcox yet?

What does UT look at to see if an applicant is selected for an interview? Just stats?

perhaps those who have actually received interview invitations can share their stats if comfortable?

perhaps those who have actually received interview invitations can share their stats if comfortable?

3.35 gpa
upper 70s pcat

I interviewed 2nd round and submitted late January. I don't think stats are everything, because if they were I'm not sure I would have gotten an interview already.

Keep up hope... I bet most (if not all) of you will get invites soon.

i am just getting an early start because i have to go to work....

Did you get anything ?

no
maybe tomorrow