UT College of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to all of you who are getting in this time around! And dont give up hope all of you who are still waiting. If you follow all the threads from UT and their facebook page, you find they do they things slower.

For all those accepted, have you found our Facebook group page yet?

Members don't see this ad.

woo-hoo! i've been accepted! congrats to everyone else that got accepted.

woohoo! I got in! Now I just have to tell A&M Kingsville to go ahead and keep my $500 deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mike, a P3 at UT, posted this a while ago... it's been my guide to life lately... j/k (sort of) :).

Anyways, it's been very accurate so far.

I found this in this thread. It should be a good guide.

Originally Posted by mike36
According to the schedule I have:

Round 2 acceptances sent out March 13 (email + snail mail)
Round 2 denial letters sent March 16 (snail mail)
Round 3 invites sent out March 24 (email + snail mail)
Round 3 acceptances sent out April 17 (email + snail mail)
Round 3 denials sent April 20 (snail mail)
Final acceptances sent out May 4 (email + snail mail)
Final denials sent May 5 (snail mail)

This is not set in stone, however.

Mike, a P3 at UT, posted this a while ago... it's been my guide to life lately... j/k (sort of) :).

Anyways, it's been very accurate so far

were you deferred previously or did you just recently have your interview in April?!

Has anyone who interviewed in April got an acceptance? I got deferred too :(

I interviewed in April and got in...maybe they're just going through the apps alphabetically by last name? who knows...

To all of those deferred -

Don't lose hope! I was deferred TWICE and I finally got my acceptance yesterday.

To all of those deferred -

Don't lose hope! I was deferred TWICE and I finally got my acceptance yesterday.

Thanks! :) I'm still hoping. Being deferred doesn't mean rejected so I guess I'll wait. I've waited this long, I can wait another two weeks.

Deferred a 3rd time...this is torture! ugh agonizing +pity+ this is for: myself from: myself...lol

Deferred a 3rd time...this is torture! ugh agonizing +pity+ this is for: myself from: myself...lol
I have been defered a second time too. It is better to be defered rather than being rejected flat out. At least 3 things can happen from now. Acceptance, waitlisting, or flat out rejection. I dont know bout u but i am hoping for any of the first 2 options. Hang in there;)

would it be safe to say that more than 75 seats have been filled? I am counting on that many of the ppl that have been accepted are not a member of sdn. oh and for whoopharmd i thought you said UH is your top choice? or was i dyslexic and read it wrong. the waiting is hard....i hope i make it in.:scared:

If we are waiting for an answer from UT but have been accepted into UH Pharmacy School, should I go ahead and fill out my FAFSA with UH as the school I want to go to or should I wait until I hear back from UT before doing anything with FAFSA. I am confused!

If we are waiting for an answer from UT but have been accepted into UH Pharmacy School, should I go ahead and fill out my FAFSA with UH as the school I want to go to or should I wait until I hear back from UT before doing anything with FAFSA. I am confused!

you can put more than 1 school on your fafsa. Go ahead and enter the school codes for both UT and UH.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if we need to be CPR certified for UT?

I have been waiting for UT the whole time. I thought i could be patient but truly, I am loosing it:mad::eek:. Its ironical that i advised people to keep cool. Anyways I am out of this crazy waitng.

Anyone know if we need to be CPR certified for UT?

At some point, we do have to take a CPR class for healthcare professionals (there are other classes for lay people), but I think we don't need it until we go on rotations in the P4 year. I'm at the end of my P2 year and haven't heard anything about it so far, so probably sometime in our P3 year we'll need to get it done.

I have been waiting for UT the whole time. I thought i could be patient but truly, I am loosing it:mad::eek:. Its ironical that i advised people to keep cool. Anyways I am out of this crazy waitng.

so did you withdraw your application from consideration?

Hey current students,

Some questions I would like addressed (if possible):
-Class structure/schedule throughout the 4 years
-Accessibility of professors - in and outside of class
-Why do you think UT has a lower NAPLEX passing rate?
-Potential placements during rotation - how much of a say do the students get in the process? How many have to leave the city they are currently living in?

Thanks everyone!

1. Structure/curriculum is changing... hard to answer
2. most professors easily engaged
3. UT's NAPLEX rate is fine
4. Placement... there is a lottery, students rank locations and the computer chooses. Very LITTLE chance of changing, but MOST students get first or second choice. About 35-40 or so stay in the Austin/central region, ~35-40 to SA, Dallas and Houston/Galveston each... Smaller numbers to the Valley and El Paso (both of these have cooperative programs that have student planning to return).

So in my 3rd deferred e-mail it says "The Committee will make a decision on your application at its final meeting on April 30, 2009. You will be contacted by U.S. mail as soon as possible after the meeting." I wonder what date is considered as soon as possible...gr.. the 30th is in 1 week. dang the waiting. :sleep:

So in my 3rd deferred e-mail it says "The Committee will make a decision on your application at its final meeting on April 30, 2009. You will be contacted by U.S. mail as soon as possible after the meeting." I wonder what date is considered as soon as possible...gr.. the 30th is in 1 week. dang the waiting. :sleep:

I think you will find out on Friday May 1st when you get your acceptance e-mail whooppharmd. They seem to be sending out e-mails on Friday the day after the adcom meeting. I personally don't know what to think, getting deferred for a second time made me really look back and think about my interview or am I overall not that great as an applicant. I know many of you say to keep hope....but just seems really hard to. I hope and pray everyone that is waiting for the next adcom meeting will hear good news.

In the first 2 deferal e-mails, They said "The admissions comitee would make every effort to discuss your application at the next meeting. "

In the last one. It said " the admissions commitee will make a decision concerning your application."

Again look at these dates Mike36 posted.

I found this in this thread. It should be a good guide.

Originally Posted by mike36

This is not set in stone, however.

Anyways, it's been very accurate so far

Received acceptance packet in the mail today. Actually, there were 3 items from UT: 2 regular letters and one big envelope with all the required forms in it. :love:

Received acceptance packet in the mail today. Actually, there were 3 items from UT: 2 regular letters and one big envelope with all the required forms in it. :love:

3 more days ..... unless we won't get notified until monday. then it's 6 more days....

Congrats to all those who got in!! For those still waiting don't give up hope, fellow P2s didn't get their acceptances until June sometimes. Anywayz, ya'll better pledge Phi Delta Chi! Gotta get to you guys ASAP on that one haha :D

Congrats to all those who got in!! For those still waiting don't give up hope, fellow P2s didn't get their acceptances until June sometimes. Anywayz, ya'll better pledge Phi Delta Chi! Gotta get to you guys ASAP on that one haha :D

So when do we find out about joining PDC? Does someone contact us? And orientation for that matter too.

man its quiet in here for possibly a big day friday...i guess everyones kinda over it...lol. well not over it but tired of getting all hyped up. probably best for all our hearts and stress sake. goodluck all

I bet this thread will pick up by tomorrow. It's a good thing I have a test today so I'm not constantly on SDN. That will probably change come Friday.

You will here about all of the student organizations during orientation. You can also look here to check them out: http://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/students/organizations/index.html

Mike, you posted this right? Do you think we should be looking along this timeline?

i dont expect to hear anything until Monday. I believe they have to report to the dean on friday for final admits and waitlists and will send out the official emails on monday.

Goodluck on tests and papers that a lot of us seem to be having right around now.

I have received PMs from several of you asking about how many spaces are left in the new class for this Fall. Unfortunately, I do not know how many applicants are accepted in each round. I am not on the admissions committee, so I am not privy to this kind of information.

I thought I would save myself some time and post my answer here for all to see. Good luck to those still waiting to hear from UT.

Last edited:
I have received PMs from several of you asking about how many spaces are left in the new class for this Fall. Unfortunately, I do not know how many applicants are accepted in each round. I am not on the admissions committee, so I am not privy to this kind of information.

I thought I would save myself some time and post my answer here for all to see. Good luck to those still waiting to hear from UT.

haha Mike, youve been awesome man. Sometimes i chuckle at the questions that are asked around here. Hope youre having a good end of the year. I am sure it is stressful for you guys right about now, too.

At the 4/4 interview, Dr. Wilcox said that 60% of the seats have been filled (of course some people may decline it later). He also said that at each committee meeting, 20% more are sent acceptance offers, which means there are 20% of the seats left for this very last round! I sure hope I make up part of the last 20% haha!

At the 4/4 interview, Dr. Wilcox said that 60% of the seats have been filled (of course some people may decline it later). He also said that at each committee meeting, 20% more are sent acceptance offers, which means there are 20% of the seats left for this very last round! I sure hope I make up part of the last 20% haha!

oh man, that is a little disheartening considering how many people it seems got deferred throughout this whole process. Looks like a large percentage of us are going to get cut on this one...

Doesn't it seem like there were more deferral stories then acceptance/rejections? Perhaps its just a coincidence...

Or it might be ppl dont wanna post they got rejected...lol. I feel from reading the thread that a ton of people have been accepted and makes me disheartened...lol

Not trying to dishearten anyone, but just remember that 30 of the 125 spots go to the kids from El Paso. Who knows how many of those students they've already accepted or if they've already accepted all of them from there. But it basically means we have even less room to work with. I'm guessing the rest of us have around 10-15 spots maybe? Who knows.

Not trying to dishearten anyone, but just remember that 30 of the 125 spots go to the kids from El Paso. Who knows how many of those students they've already accepted or if they've already accepted all of them from there. But it basically means we have even less room to work with. I'm guessing the rest of us have around 10-15 spots maybe? Who knows.
kids from El paso?! where did you get that from?!

kids from El paso?! where did you get that from?!

kids from el paso/ the valley btw not just el paso. We have about 8 people in my class from el paso and about another 17 or so from the valley the got here via automatic acceptance programs.

obsessively checking of my email begins now!

obsessively checking of my email begins now!

Here we go again! :eek:

You would think that by now we should know to check our emails sometime in the afternoon. But I can't help it! I'm going to stalk my email and SDN all day today and Monday. :smuggrin:

Check your emails from today till monday. I am quite sure that is when we would hear anything. This is the last round and so the adcom is going to spend quite some time debating.

-Those who have been accepted or waitlisted would be contacted by email probably by latest monday or tuesday.

-If you dont hear anything, You've been rejected.

Last edited:
Hey guys...check your email if you havent! I GOT ACCEPTED!
My high 60% PCAT took me far...I'm truly happy and somewhat surprised! I'm so sorry for anyone who didn't get an email today - I hope you get accepted elsewhere!

Hey guys...check your email if you havent! I GOT ACCEPTED!
My high 60% PCAT took me far...I'm truly happy and somewhat surprised! I'm so sorry for anyone who didn't get an email today - I hope you get accepted elsewhere!
what time did you get your email?!
does this mean the rest of us didn't get in?!