Binghamton or Buffalo School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eddie920

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm in the process of choosing between attending Binghamton University and the University at Buffalo. I've been offered a small scholarship of $3,000 per year to attend Binghamton, but no financial aid for Buffalo. I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of each option, considering factors like academic programs, campus life, and overall costs. Could anyone share their experiences or insights about these schools, especially if you've faced a similar choice? Any advice on how to make the best decision would be greatly appreciated!

Background

Both schools cost about the same as it seems

I'm from Queens NY

Getting my Bachelor's degree this May so I will be starting in the professional phase of pharmacy

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go with Buffalo. They're one of the older pharmacy programs and have a pretty decent reputation. NAPLEX pass rates are considerably higher, though Binghamton seems to be trending in the right direction at least. I'd rather live in Buffalo than Binghamton personally.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you visited the campuses? How large are the classes? How friendly are your faculty? Binghamton gave you a scholarship to match Buffalo's cost of attendance, I presume.

I'm guessing Binghamton is closer to home than Buffalo if you're from Queens, right?

I fully agree: NAPLEX rates are important to consider because you want the school that best prepares you to pass them. Whichever one gives you the support you need will help you succeed too.