UT College of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did you all get your e-mails at the same time? or are they still sending out acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

what time did you get your email?!
does this mean the rest of us didn't get in?!

Hey - I got it at 4:56pm. Unfortunately, I think it was a mass email - something like "recipient list suppressed"
Did you get accepted anywhere? I wish you best of luck.

what time did you get your email?!
does this mean the rest of us didn't get in?!

Send Dr Wilcox an email, that is the best way to know. I know it will be hard to wait for a reply but i think that is the best you can do.;)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Send Dr Wilcox an email, that is the best way to know. I know it will be hard to wait for a reply but i think that is the best you can do.;)

I agree. I sent Dr. Wilcox an email asking if I was still being reviewed for the last round and received no response. A week later I received a letter in the mail telling me I was denied. :mad: I guess I can find out where I missed the mark if I meet with him over the summer.

I agree. I sent Dr. Wilcox an email asking if I was still being reviewed for the last round and received no response. A week later I received a letter in the mail telling me I was denied. :mad: I guess I can find out where I missed the mark if I meet with him over the summer.

What where your stats if you dont mind?

Pcat:
Gpa:
ECs:
Pharmacy Experience:

I've been living in a cave for a while, and I haven't been around much, but just wanted to pop in to say congrats to those who received acceptances! :)

What where your stats if you dont mind?

PCAT: 83, GPA: 3.8 w/ Bachelor in Business Administration, EC: over 100 hours volunteer in ER hospital while also shadowing ER pharmacist (UT SOP alumni) and also university volunteer tutor, Work Experience: over 3 years pharmacy experience, LOR: 2 great letters from pharmacists (who I've known for 2 years), one of the pharmacists is the manager and district leader in our area. Oh, and did I mention he is also an alumni at UT SOP.

I was not very shocked with my denial though knowing how difficult it is to get in.

PCAT: 83, GPA: 3.8 w/ Bachelor in Business Administration, EC: over 100 hours volunteer in ER hospital while also shadowing ER pharmacist (UT SOP alumni) and also university volunteer tutor, Work Experience: over 3 years pharmacy experience, LOR: 2 great letters from pharmacists (who I've known for 2 years), one of the pharmacists is the manager and district leader in our area. Oh, and did I mention he is also an alumni at UT SOP.

I was not very shocked with my denial though knowing how difficult it is to get in.

Every year, about 30-40 seats are guaranteed to kids from the cooperative program with UT pan American and UT el paso. This makes the applicant pool extremely competitive and hard to get in

Every year, about 30-40 seats are guaranteed to kids from the cooperative program with UT pan American and UT el paso. This makes the applicant pool extremely competitive and hard to get in
just curious, did you get in? From your previous post, it seems that you were really hoping to get in. I didn't get any email though so I guess I should be getting a rejected letter in the mail soon. Well kids, it's been fun. :) I am off to Texas Tech! :thumbup:

Who decides? Is it the dean or Dr wilcox

Are you asking you decides to accept or deny an applicant? These decisions are not made by one person, but rather by an admissions committee. Those that sit on the committee are professors, pharmacy students, and practicing pharmacists.

hey guys...check your email if you havent! I got accepted!
My high 60% pcat took me far...i'm truly happy and somewhat surprised! I'm so sorry for anyone who didn't get an email today - i hope you get accepted elsewhere!

congrats!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those of you who were accepted--to those who were rejected and plan on reapplying, there has been a change to the application process (unofficially.)

As far as I understand, the applications will be opened in mid-summer and will be due at the same time as University of Texas general admission applications in February. Then all three rounds of interviewing will be compacted into a short 1-1.5 month period, and essentially all applicants will be compared against each other without deferrals, etc. Basically, they are doing away with rolling admissions for the purpose of streamlining the decision process and to send out acceptances earlier in the semester for applicants that have been accepted to multiple programs and need to make a decision. I know this seems far away now, but at least this gives you time to consider what changes you'd like to make to your application if you want to reapply, and you will have a longer time period (6+ months) to work on and fine-tune your application.

For those of you who were rejected, I know how difficult it is to deal with this right now, but do the best you can to finish out your semester on a positive note, then work to regroup over the summer. Dr. Wilcox will be available to discuss your applications during the summer (I believe in late June--once you know the date you can set an appointment, I highly recommend doing it immediately before all the slots fill up.)

In the meantime, I hope everyone's semester ends well, and as always, if anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me.

Best of luck to all of you. :thumbup:

Congratulations to those of you who were accepted--to those who were rejected and plan on reapplying, there has been a change to the application process (unofficially.)

As far as I understand, the applications will be opened in mid-summer and will be due at the same time as University of Texas general admission applications in February. Then all three rounds of interviewing will be compacted into a short 1-1.5 month period, and essentially all applicants will be compared against each other without deferrals, etc. Basically, they are doing away with rolling admissions for the purpose of streamlining the decision process and to send out acceptances earlier in the semester for applicants that have been accepted to multiple programs and need to make a decision. I know this seems far away now, but at least this gives you time to consider what changes you'd like to make to your application if you want to reapply, and you will have a longer time period (6+ months) to work on and fine-tune your application.

For those of you who were rejected, I know how difficult it is to deal with this right now, but do the best you can to finish out your semester on a positive note, then work to regroup over the summer. Dr. Wilcox will be available to discuss your applications during the summer (I believe in late June--once you know the date you can set an appointment, I highly recommend doing it immediately before all the slots fill up.)

In the meantime, I hope everyone's semester ends well, and as always, if anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me.

Best of luck to all of you. :thumbup:

Wow you found time to contribute to SDN with all the finals you guys have going on? lol

Wow you found time to contribute to SDN with all the finals you guys have going on? lol

haha, after we got MURDERED on the kinetics final this morning, I don't think anyone really felt like studying. I know I was completely useless for the rest of the day. :(

haha, after we got MURDERED on the kinetics final this morning, I don't think anyone really felt like studying. I know I was completely useless for the rest of the day. :(

I remember that one last Spring...I feel your pain. I was so glad to get that class done with.

I'm interested in knowing how current UH pharm students feel about school, the course load and hours, Do you like how the curriculum is set up? How close the students are with professors and their willingness to help. What is the learning environment like, just basically the pros and cons :thumbup::thumbdown: about your school and why you chose it.

I'm interested in knowing how current UH pharm students feel about school, the course load and hours, Do you like how the curriculum is set up? How close the students are with professors and their willingness to help. What is the learning environment like, just basically the pros and cons :thumbup::thumbdown: about your school and why you chose it.
do you mean UT?

for the current pharmacy students, how is the pharmacy gpa calculated? (is the pre-pharmacy gpa also factored in if one completed their pre-reqs at UT?) thanks!

To students accepted this year:

After you mailed back your acceptance stuff (the 3 forms), Ann Spencer contacted you to let you know she got them right? Did she get back to you quickly?

Its been a few days since I mailed mine in and havent heard back so hmm just wondering.

To students accepted this year:

After you mailed back your acceptance stuff (the 3 forms), Ann Spencer contacted you to let you know she got them right? Did she get back to you quickly?

Its been a few days since I mailed mine in and havent heard back so hmm just wondering.

I received word from Ann about a week after I mailed everything in.

same here, i sent everything and received an email from ann spencer.. you might want to call her/email to see if she got everything

I've also heard that the adcom's have been considering using PharmCAS in future admissions cycles