University of the Pacific Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed in October, put on hold, and now top wait listed:(

Don't lose hope Naimi! You will eventually get in :xf:

How did you get the waitlist notification? By mail or did you e-mail Veronica?

I am pulling for all of us :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a letter today. Interviewed on Feb 25th, got placed on hold, and now i'm waitlisted in the middle portion of the list. I guess it's better than being totally rejected...:xf: Waitlist remains active until first day of orientation, Aug 25th.

I just got a letter today. Interviewed on Feb 25th, got placed on hold, and now i'm waitlisted in the middle portion of the list. I guess it's better than being totally rejected...:xf: Waitlist remains active until first day of orientation, Aug 25th.

Khmer don't lose hope! Some folks that were in the middle portion last year got in :xf:

No letter for me yet. I'm hoping to get waitlisted and not outright rejected :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Khmer don't lose hope! Some folks that were in the middle portion last year got in :xf:

No letter for me yet. I'm hoping to get waitlisted and not outright rejected :scared:

Where did you get that information from? I've been googling to see if I can find out about that, yet I can't seem to find much of anything. Good luck to you. I hope you get in or at least, high waitlisted.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I interviewed on Feb. 4th and was put on hold. I just found out today that I've been waitlisted (I e-mailed Veronica and she updated me via e-mail) and I'm at the top of the waitlist. Does anyone know approx. how many people end up getting accepted from the waitlist? I guess it changes every year though, so who knows what might happen this year...Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience since I'm always checking this thread to see what's going on! My best friend got her acceptance way back in November, I'm just hoping I can join her (and the rest of you guys who've already been accepted!)
Congratulations to everyone who is getting their acceptances!! I hope to (eventually) join the Class of 2014, too! :thumbup:

Depends on how many people turn down the acceptances at UoP. I am sure that there will be quite a few so don't give up hope yet y'all.

I'm waiting too.. :xf::xf::xf: hoping for the positive result :luck::luck::luck:

I live in san jose so the mail should arrive anytime this week ....

Just got the letter, waitlisted lower portion. Nobody in last years thread that was on the lower portion got in :(

Looks like I am going to prepare to reapply.

Good Luck to all those that are still waiting to hear back and I wish the class of 2014 all the best! :thumbup:

Just got the letter, waitlisted lower portion. Nobody in last years thread that was on the lower portion got in :(

Good Luck to all those that are still waiting to hear back and I wish the class of 2014 all the best! :thumbup:

What were your stats? Did you apply anywhere else? I made the mistake of not finishing apps for ucsf and ucsd so UOP is my only shot this cycle.

If you're going to reapply, I would recommend that you do so early in the cycle. I applied back in June and had my supplemental stuff completed by early July. Also, try and build on your CV by getting some volunteering experience (even in your community), and leadership positions in clubs as well.

Good luck to everyone waiting! don't lose hope guys! I'm really crossing my fingers for everyone!! :xf::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Also interviewed in October and on the top of the waitlist. Bummer:thumbdown:

Did you guys receive your ranking via snail mail or email? Thanks :cool:

I'm going to be calling or e-mailing them in the next few days to give up the spot I held. Good luck!

I'm also on top portion wait list and just sent the spring courses form today. Does anyone know how the people are pull from the wait list.:confused:

I want to know my ranking too. I kept checking my mail everyday for it!!!! :(

Interviewed in Oct and got waitlisted in the top portion. But will be withdrawing my app. =)

That will definitely leave room for somebody.=) Where did u get in PYLwar?

Last edited:
I have a question. Were we suppose to receive and confirmation for the wait list form that we sent??:confused:

I know of two people from our group who were accepted to other schools and gave up their spots as of today. There's probably going to be quite a bit of shuffling at this point, so don't lose hope. Good luck to those on the wait list. :luck:

Ur right Delano. I just received a letter today. They also mentioned that there are about 75 people on the wait list.

So what's everyones back up school to those who are waitlisted? I am
Also waitlisted :(

So what's everyones back up school to those who are waitlisted? I am
Also waitlisted :(

My backup school is Pacific Univ. Oregon which I'm happy about...but UOP is definitely my #1 choice! Has anyone from the waitlist been accepted yet? I'm getting antsy! :oops: Anyone else on the waitlist feeling this way? Jcheers4u, I know you are torn between several back-up schools...which way are you leaning?

I feel the same way squareroot. At least u got a backup school. UOP is my only shot and Im on waitlist.:scared: