University of the Pacific Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get an acceptance that was interviewed on March 4?

I did not interview on March 4th, but I was just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I interviewed on March 4th and still haven't heard anything. But I live in SoCal so it may take a while to get to me! Good luck!

Hi!
I interviewed on March 4th and still haven't heard anything. But I live in SoCal so it may take a while to get to me! Good luck!

Thanks! I think Veronica will email you the unofficial acceptance letter to let you know first if anything, before the actual mail comes. My reason for asking was to see if the Admissions Committee really take 2 weeks to reply.

Well, good luck to you too! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

Good Luck lilipad! I interviewed that day as well. We had a small group. Hopefully they accept both of us :xf:

Chempharm, when did you interview and are all your pre-reqs done or are you still completing some? Thank you in advance for the info!

I am still waiting :scared:

I interviewed on January 28. Please see below for all of my additional information. I did have all of the pre-reqs done.

Thank you!!! I really liked the campus and the profs. How did your interviews go?

I really enjoyed the entire day as well. My interviews went well. The student and professor I interviewed with were very friendly and it was more of a laid back conversation with both of them. I think the essay went well also.

How did everything go for you?

I really enjoyed the entire day as well. My interviews went well. The student and professor I interviewed with were very friendly and it was more of a laid back conversation with both of them. I think the essay went well also.

How did everything go for you?

Same here. It was not bad at all and the essay topic was easy! Just want to hear back already lol! No news yet? :thumbup:

Same here. It was not bad at all and the essay topic was easy! Just want to hear back already lol! No news yet? :thumbup:

Yeah I am waiting anxiously as well. Have you called or e-mailed Veronica? I am just waiting it out and hoping for the best :xf:

Yeah I am waiting anxiously as well. Have you called or e-mailed Veronica? I am just waiting it out and hoping for the best :xf:

I haven't, just doing the same as you! The only other problem is that I have finals this week and it's really annoying waiting for the pharm schools to respond and studying for finals. My head is simply not in the game right now :eek:

I haven't, just doing the same as you! The only other problem is that I have finals this week and it's really annoying waiting for the pharm schools to respond and studying for finals. My head is simply not in the game right now :eek:

Good Luck on your finals! I guess you are on quarter system? Which school do you attend? Also did you interview anywhere else and have you been accepted already?

UOP is my top choice so I am really nervous :scared:

Good Luck on your finals! I guess you are on quarter system? Which school do you attend? Also did you interview anywhere else and have you been accepted already?

UOP is my top choice so I am really nervous :scared:

YES I on the quarter system. I go to UCLA! Where did you go to school?
I interviewed at USC (active consideration:mad:), UCSD (denied):thumbdown:, UCSF (waiting), Northstate (waiting), and UOP (waiting).

Did you interview/get accepted anywhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
YES I on the quarter system. I go to UCLA! Where did you go to school?
I interviewed at USC (active consideration:mad:), UCSD (denied):thumbdown:, UCSF (waiting), Northstate (waiting), and UOP (waiting).

Did you interview/get accepted anywhere?

Wow that is impressive! I hope you get accepted to all the schools you are waiting on!

I actually only interviewed at UOP because I only applied to a couple of schools. I am really pulling for the both of us :xf:

Hi, I'm giving up my spot. Good luck to everyone!:)

Thanks for letting us know azn and I am glad you got accepted to your top choice school! :)

When did you interview and how long did it take to receive your acceptance?

I interviewed on Feb. 25th and the letter was dated March 3rd. It was a tough decision but I'll be attending the University of Maryland, Baltimore.

2 weeks since March 4th interview and nothing yet :scared:

2 weeks since March 4th interview and nothing yet :scared:

During the March 4th interview, did Lupe or the dean Philip mentioned that results will definitely be out in 2 weeks?

For the March 11th interview, they mentioned that results should be out in 2 weeks. However, tracking the progress of the March 4th interview, it does not look like it anymore.

During the March 4th interview, did Lupe or the dean Philip mentioned that results will definitely be out in 2 weeks?

For the March 11th interview, they mentioned that results should be out in 2 weeks. However, tracking the progress of the March 4th interview, it does not look like it anymore.

Lupe said we should hear back in 3 weeks and if we don't, then we can call or e-mail and check our status.

How did the March 11th interview go? We had only 1 group for the March 4th interview and the group was very small and they said that there was still open seats left in the class :)

Look out for an email-that's how they told me last year, and it was pretty soon after the interview! Good luck everyone :)

Lupe said we should hear back in 3 weeks and if we don't, then we can call or e-mail and check our status.

How did the March 11th interview go? We had only 1 group for the March 4th interview and the group was very small and they said that there was still open seats left in the class :)

Wow, you guys only had 1 group that did all three events (written, tour, and interview) together?

For March 11th interview, we had a full house in the rotunda and my guess would be 40 to 50 people. We were divided into three groups to participate in all three events.

Here is my guess as to why it's taking so long for the March 4th people to hear back. Since there are limited seats available before placing everyone on hold/reject, the last few seats will be much more selective. Hence, the review committee may be considering applicants from both March 4th and 11th together, as those were the last interview days for external students (apparently, I was informed by an internal student that there are still interviews for them). It will be a tough decision for the admissions committee to make.

Good luck though! :)

I interviewed on March 11th and heard back them from today via mail. I plan on accepting their offer and seeing the rest of you this Fall. Best of luck to everyone else!

Wow, you guys only had 1 group that did all three events (written, tour, and interview) together?

For March 11th interview, we had a full house in the rotunda and my guess would be 40 to 50 people. We were divided into three groups to participate in all three events.

Here is my guess as to why it's taking so long for the March 4th people to hear back. Since there are limited seats available before placing everyone on hold/reject, the last few seats will be much more selective. Hence, the review committee may be considering applicants from both March 4th and 11th together, as those were the last interview days for external students (apparently, I was informed by an internal student that there are still interviews for them). It will be a tough decision for the admissions committee to make.

Good luck though! :)

Yeah we only had one group do all 3 events. We probably had about 10-15 people. There was also Pre-Pharms interviewing that day as well though.

I interviewed on March 11th and heard back them from today via mail. I plan on accepting their offer and seeing the rest of you this Fall. Best of luck to everyone else!

Congratulations! :thumbup:

As for us March 4th people I guess if we haven't heard back yet we can probably expect bad news :(

There are probably people that already got accepted from the March 4th interview that probably are just not on SDN. I plan on starting to prepare to reapply to UOP and be in Tier 1.

nope, not yet... i've been checking my mail almost everyday since march started :/

As for us March 4th people I guess if we haven't heard back yet we can probably expect bad news :(

There are probably people that already got accepted from the March 4th interview that probably are just not on SDN. I plan on starting to prepare to reapply to UOP and be in Tier 1.

After 3 weeks if you haven't heard back from them then contact Veronica for a status update.

congrats to everyone who has been accepted.

I got a denial letter a couple of weeks ago, sadly without an interview invite. But I have been accepted to 3 other schools, one which includes my hometown UW. I am desperately hoping to hear from ucsf, but if not, I am completely happy to go to UW.

goodluck to everyone waiting to hear back...hopefully they see something in you that they didn't see in me!

After 3 weeks if you haven't heard back from them then contact Veronica for a status update.

Thanks Delano! I will definitely do that. UOP is my top choice and it was my own fault that I applied late in the cycle. I was in tier 3. Some folks from the March 11th interview have already heard back so that doesn't bode well for me and the other March 4th interview folks :(

I am still holding out hope for an acceptance which would be a dream come true but in the mean time preparing for my second go around.

congrats to everyone who has been accepted.

I got a denial letter a couple of weeks ago, sadly without an interview invite. But I have been accepted to 3 other schools, one which includes my hometown UW. I am desperately hoping to hear from ucsf, but if not, I am completely happy to go to UW.

goodluck to everyone waiting to hear back...hopefully they see something in you that they didn't see in me!

Thanks for the well wishes. Congrats on UW and I hope you get into UCSF as well :luck:

I've been on hold since October! Freaking out big time..............

March 11th interviewers in SoCal should be receiving notices today.

I will be attending UOP. :)

March 11th interviewers in SoCal should be receiving notices today.

I will be attending UOP. :)

I am still holding out hope but it does not look good because I interviewed on March 4th :(

I've been on hold since October! Freaking out big time..............

Also on hold from the October interview! Does anyone know when we're supposed to find out our new status?
Thanks!

Also on hold from the October interview! Does anyone know when we're supposed to find out our new status?
Thanks!

We're suppose to hear back if we're waitlisted, rejected, or accepted at the end of this month. So let's hope for the best! :xf:

I contacted Veronica and she informed me that all letters have been mailed and that I should be receiving mine soon :scared:

I don't think that is a good sign :oops:

I hope some of you receive acceptance letters but I am thinking they sent out a batch of waitlisted or denial letters :(

Last edited:
I contacted Veronica and she informed me that all letters have been mailed and that I should be receiving mine soon :scared:

I don't think that is a good sign :oops:

I hope some of you receive acceptance letters but I am thinking they sent out a batch of waitlisted or denial letters :(

oh gosh... :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

I am still holding out hope but it does not look good because I interviewed on March 4th :(

From last year's thread, a lot of people got pulled off the waitlist around May or perhaps sooner.

Hang in there. Easier said than done, but do have hope :)

Best of luck!

Just recieved a big package in the mail yesterday with an acceptance! I'm from the March 4th interview so don't loose hope people! They Are still sending out acceptances! Good luck to all!

Just recieved a big package in the mail yesterday with an acceptance! I'm from the March 4th interview so don't loose hope people! They Are still sending out acceptances! Good luck to all!

Congrats lilipad! :thumbup:

Will you be attending UOP?

Still holding out hope, I haven't received anything yet :xf:

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I interviewed on Feb. 4th and was put on hold. I just found out today that I've been waitlisted (I e-mailed Veronica and she updated me via e-mail) and I'm at the top of the waitlist. Does anyone know approx. how many people end up getting accepted from the waitlist? I guess it changes every year though, so who knows what might happen this year...Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience since I'm always checking this thread to see what's going on! My best friend got her acceptance way back in November, I'm just hoping I can join her (and the rest of you guys who've already been accepted!)
Congratulations to everyone who is getting their acceptances!! I hope to (eventually) join the Class of 2014, too! :thumbup:

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I interviewed on Feb. 4th and was put on hold. I just found out today that I've been waitlisted (I e-mailed Veronica and she updated me via e-mail) and I'm at the top of the waitlist. Does anyone know approx. how many people end up getting accepted from the waitlist? I guess it changes every year though, so who knows what might happen this year...Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience since I'm always checking this thread to see what's going on! My best friend got her acceptance way back in November, I'm just hoping I can join her (and the rest of you guys who've already been accepted!)
Congratulations to everyone who is getting their acceptances!! I hope to (eventually) join the Class of 2014, too! :thumbup:

I went over last years thread and it seemed many people at the top of the waitlist eventually got in and even some of those in the middle :)

I am pulling for you but being at the top of the waitlist is still very good. Hopefully you get accepted soon :xf:

Interviewed in October, put on hold, and now top wait listed:(