University of the Pacific Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so no movement for waitlisters? :( Today has been depressing I need some good news

I guess this year is different from last year:(. But, we still have about 3 more months of waiting....so hang in there:xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Wonder if there has been any movement in the waitlist?:xf:

So I emailed Veronica and I got back an automated email saying she is out office until May 26, so maybe we will see movement in the waitlist after she comes back

Members don't see this ad :)
I also emailed her last week and she stated that we won't probably won't hear anything until early or mid June because they are very busy since the School of Pharmacy just had their graduation last weekend

I also emailed her last week and she stated that we won't probably won't hear anything until early or mid June because they are very busy since the School of Pharmacy just had their graduation last weekend

Thank you for letting us know.:thumbup: Guess there won't be any movement until then.We'll just have to wait some more.:rolleyes:

Hey guys, for those who are on the wait list, you still have hope. They took me off the wait list in late June 2010. Good luck and have fun before you start pharmacy school. :rolleyes:

Hey guys, for those who are on the wait list, you still have hope. They took me off the wait list in late June 2010. Good luck and have fun before you start pharmacy school. :rolleyes:

What portion were u in last year?:D

Hang in there guys. There is a lot of movement this time of year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow looks like no waitlist movement. In the letter it stated that one year nobody was accepted off the waitlist and another year everyone was accepted off the waitlist. I'm thinking this year very few will be accepted off the waitlist unfortunately. :scared:

^ I'm so worried I don't know why we haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully we will hear something tommorow. I am hoping I get some news within a week. Good luck everyone!

Veronica said mid June, so there is still hope:) keep your fingers crossed

Don't give up yet guys. According to the poster below, she was accepted in late June. Just try and hang in there.

Don't give up yet guys. According to the poster below, she was accepted in late June. Just try and hang in there.

Agree, and once accepted, you guys should not worry about being "late" to the game because there is still a month left for all health requirements and etc to be settled!

Hang in there! :)

I feel so behind. I haven't even sent in my transcripts for the Spring semester yet.:oops:

No worries, as long as it's before August :)

I still cannot even send in mine until late July when the Bachelor's is posted on my transcript. Now that is really late but it's still acceptable. :p

No worries, as long as it's before August :)

I still cannot even send in mine until late July when the Bachelor's is posted on my transcript. Now that is really late but it's still acceptable. :p

True. I just have a bad feeling that I might forget about it when everything comes down to the wire.:(

True. I just have a bad feeling that I might forget about it when everything comes down to the wire.:(

That's why tomorrow you should march back to the registrar and request a transcript sent immediately.

Stress-free after that...:)

Wow looks like no waitlist movement. In the letter it stated that one year nobody was accepted off the waitlist and another year everyone was accepted off the waitlist. I'm thinking this year very few will be accepted off the waitlist unfortunately. :scared:

I called veronica earlier and she said that they haven't looked at the wait list yet. She also mentioned that there hasn't been that much cancellations, but it is still early.:scared:

Reminder to those who have already accepted admission to any school. Call other schools who may have offered admission and tell them that you will not be attending. This is only courteous to those on the wait list.

Congratulations to those who got in:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on my 3rd semester of my first year at UOP. Word of advice... have fun now while you can because once school starts... you will eat, breath, and sleep school... no worries though because your classmates will be like family. In my opinion the first semester was the hardest but I'm sure you'll all make it.... so for now eat what you want, sleep in, watch as much T.V. as you can, and brush up on your biochem (hardest class in the first semster)!!!! Enjoy your summer everyone (because you wont get one once school starts lol)!!!

did anyone call or email and ask what is going on? They had said mid June and no one has heard anything yet :(

They haven't even looked at the waitlist yet. I emailed Veronica and she said that they've calculated how many pre-pharm students will be advancing and there are no spots available for anyone on the waitlist. She said early July might be the next chance for something to open up because that's when students start registering for classes.

Congratulations to those who got in:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on my 3rd semester of my first year at UOP. Word of advice... have fun now while you can because once school starts... you will eat, breath, and sleep school... no worries though because your classmates will be like family. In my opinion the first semester was the hardest but I'm sure you'll all make it.... so for now eat what you want, sleep in, watch as much T.V. as you can, and brush up on your biochem (hardest class in the first semster)!!!! Enjoy your summer everyone (because you wont get one once school starts lol)!!!

Thanks for the advice. I had to drop my Biochem class last semester due to health issues. I still have my textbook and my notes so I will read over the main points during the Summer break.

Well, it's July already... Is it time to give up hope for the wait-list at this point? :(

Hi I was just accepted from the waitlist!! There is hope! :)

I was accepted from the waitlist this morning! Good luck to everyone still waiting! :)

Hey there 2014!

If anyone needs advice on where to live, books to buy/not buy or needs cheap furniture, feel free to PM me!

I'm from the class of 2012 and remember how annoying getting ready for school was when I was in your guys' shoes, so let me know if I can be of any help. :D

I hope they get to the middle waitlist this year. I emailed Veronica and she said that they will review the numbers of student for offers July 18th. Good luck for those still waiting on the waitlist and congrats to those who have already been accepted.